Reason 9.5 and Helix Native

Discuss VST stuff here!
mdesouza

19 Aug 2017

Hello!

I've just downloaded Helix Native but am unable to use this in reason. I have gone into advanced preferences and added the path to the vst3 folder that the plugin resides but still cannot find it. Has anyone been successful using this plugin?

stxlm

19 Aug 2017

mdesouza wrote:
19 Aug 2017
vst3 folder
Dude. Reason only supports VST 2.4. Sorry!

mdesouza

19 Aug 2017

I read that after I posted. I actually found a simple fix. I copied the Line 6 folder into /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/ and renamed the file from Helix Native.vst3 to Helix Native.vst. So far it seems to be working flawlessly.

Couple of observations:
If you don't rename the file to .vst from .vst3 then you can open up the plug in but it quickly disappears.
I've tested, retested by creating a song, applying the Helix Native plugin and removing the folder, renaming the file etc. I close the app and open it before I make a change. It definitely works!

Is this a common fix to the problem with vst 3 vs vst 2.4 plugins? This seems like it shouldn't work yet it does.

The Helix Native is pretty darn awesome btw. There is a ridiculous amount of amp / cab / effects chains.

SymphonicDischord

20 Aug 2017

Just in case you or anyone else has issues with your method, here's the correct way to install the VST2 version of Native.

When your installing Native when you get to the screen where it's asking you the install location (right after you accept the terms of use), in the bottom left is a button that says customize. When you click on that it'll let you pick which versions of the plugin you would like to install.

And yep it is pretty sweet, I suggest anyone pining for the old L6 rack stuff really check it out, if you thought that was good this will blow your mind.

jayhosking

20 Aug 2017

"Buy now" --> "$399.99" --> close tab

AND charging for the VST for owners of a floor model. Yikes. I think I'll pass on this one for now.

Oquasec

20 Aug 2017

mdesouza wrote:
19 Aug 2017
Hello!

I've just downloaded Helix Native but am unable to use this in reason. I have gone into advanced preferences and added the path to the vst3 folder that the plugin resides but still cannot find it. Has anyone been successful using this plugin?
You need to use a vst that hosts vsts like minihost modular or patchwork. Those support ALL VST EDITIONS GO DOWNLOAD THEM :lol:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

mdesouza

20 Aug 2017

Thanks! After the 6th time reinstalling it I found that button. Awesome.
SymphonicDischord wrote:
20 Aug 2017
Just in case you or anyone else has issues with your method, here's the correct way to install the VST2 version of Native.

When your installing Native when you get to the screen where it's asking you the install location (right after you accept the terms of use), in the bottom left is a button that says customize. When you click on that it'll let you pick which versions of the plugin you would like to install.

And yep it is pretty sweet, I suggest anyone pining for the old L6 rack stuff really check it out, if you thought that was good this will blow your mind.

• Information