TONESPACE.... a handy chord generator/music theory VST

Discuss VST stuff here!
challism

19 Aug 2017

Here's a great little chord generator I have been using for years. Decided to dust it off and use it as a 64-bit VST within Reason. NICE!!

It does take a little configuring and has to be run with something like LoopBe to use it as a player. But I've always found it helpful in finding some unusual chord types.

And did I mentions, it is FREE! <3

http://www.mucoder.net/en/tonespace/
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (226.9 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Catblack

19 Aug 2017

challism wrote:
19 Aug 2017
Here's a great little chord generator I have been using for years. Decided to dust it off and use it as a 64-bit VST within Reason. NICE!!

It does take a little configuring and has to be run with something like LoopBe to use it as a player. But I've always found it helpful in finding some unusual chord types.

And did I mentions, it is FREE! <3

http://www.mucoder.net/en/tonespace/

Untitled.jpg

Interesting. I'd had this installed, and I think I noted that it could be used in Reason, but I haven't given it much attention.

I am running a different color system on my Launchpad Pro codec. A circle of fifths one where C is red, E is yellow, G# is blue. So I've trained my brain a bit differently than Tonespace presents them. Still the keyboard layout view and the scales in Tonespace are helpful. Though I personally want to show everyone how, in the musical color system I'm using, scales tend to be aligned by hue. I'll attach a pic of my layout modes to this, not to derail. The point of both Tonespace and what I'm doing it to spark creativity and get you moving with a melody. That can be a little daunting with a black and white keyboard.
launchpad-pro-catblack-modes.png
launchpad-pro-catblack-modes.png (239.9 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

BRIGGS

22 Aug 2017

Can you send the notes to a midi clip?
r11s

fieldframe
RE Developer

22 Aug 2017

So Reason doesn't support MIDI input from VST, but does the standalone version of this app create a virtual MIDI port? If that's the case, it seems like you should be able to add ToneSpace as a keyboard in Reason.

• Information