Vst Gate

Discuss VST stuff here!
holocule

18 Aug 2017

Hi would it be possible to make more gates for vst, like the kong gate system, but do it for vst battery 4 ?

Ahornberg

19 Aug 2017

holocule wrote:
18 Aug 2017
Hi would it be possible to make more gates for vst, like the kong gate system, but do it for vst battery 4 ?
Maybe use Battery VST 2 times to get 16 CV inputs or use even more of them to get the desired count of CV inputs.

But ... why not use Kong instead of Battery? :mrgreen:

holocule

20 Aug 2017

hi using multiple Battery is to cpu intensive... and using the battery is cool, it has loads of features like velocity layering, and awesome drum selections, editing of samples, loads of stuff... it's a great instrument when you get under the hood... be nice to use it with the Kong pads, have extra audio inputs on the kong to accommodate vst samplers... would be cool

Ahornberg

20 Aug 2017

holocule wrote:
20 Aug 2017
hi using multiple Battery is to cpu intensive... and using the battery is cool, it has loads of features like velocity layering, and awesome drum selections, editing of samples, loads of stuff... it's a great instrument when you get under the hood... be nice to use it with the Kong pads, have extra audio inputs on the kong to accommodate vst samplers... would be cool
I'm using Kong multiple times in the same song with no CPU issues and the features of velocity layering (NN-Nano) and all the other features, e.g. effects routing http://docs.propellerheads.se/reason95/ ... ingle=true are really great.

I understand that using familiar sounds, workflows and techniques from the VST world is what you want to to in Reason. But my personal advice, based on my experiences, is to learn to use the Reason instruments and effects (and even REs) because they are designed to work togehter in a way far beyond VSTs. It implies a shift in thinking about CV and about using instruments and effects as part of a huge modular synth-machine.

QVprod

20 Aug 2017

By gates I'm assuming you mean audio outputs. Kong has 16 audio outputs and VST devices only have 8. I assume that's what you mean?

Of course that question has been answered already and no there's no way to expand the number of outputs.

Might be worth looking under the hood of Kong as well. I have Battery 4 as well and both are capable of velocity layering and sample editing though battery's sample editor might be a little more advanced. But of course things Battery can do that Kong can't.

You won't need Kong to have audio inputs as there are Line mixers for combining sounds in Reason. You can however trigger Battery using the Kong Pads using CV like in the thread here viewtopic.php?p=293753#p293753

holocule

21 Aug 2017

Thanks for the advice most appreciated

holocule

21 Aug 2017

QVprod wrote:
20 Aug 2017
By gates I'm assuming you mean audio outputs. Kong has 16 audio outputs and VST devices only have 8. I assume that's what you mean?

Of course that question has been answered already and no there's no way to expand the number of outputs.

Might be worth looking under the hood of Kong as well. I have Battery 4 as well and both are capable of velocity layering and sample editing though battery's sample editor might be a little more advanced. But of course things Battery can do that Kong can't.

You won't need Kong to have audio inputs as there are Line mixers for combining sounds in Reason. You can however trigger Battery using the Kong Pads using CV like in the thread here viewtopic.php?p=293753#p293753
Hi thanks for the tip greatly appreciated, but i am not entirely sure on how to set this up ? ... as the battery back panel only shows gate/ cv for one ? ... discovered that i can resample into the kong to use kong pads directly, but would be nice to get the trigger thing going just for fun

QVprod

25 Aug 2017

holocule wrote:
21 Aug 2017
QVprod wrote:
20 Aug 2017

Hi thanks for the tip greatly appreciated, but i am not entirely sure on how to set this up ? ... as the battery back panel only shows gate/ cv for one ? ... discovered that i can resample into the kong to use kong pads directly, but would be nice to get the trigger thing going just for fun
Try this thread. ljeiko Accomplished it. viewtopic.php?p=323980#p323980

holocule

25 Aug 2017

QVprod wrote:
25 Aug 2017
holocule wrote:
21 Aug 2017

Try this thread. ljeiko Accomplished it. viewtopic.php?p=323980#p323980
hi cool, thank you very much

• Information