Analogue/ subtractive synth

Discuss VST stuff here!
Reasonable man

14 Aug 2017

Hi
Trying to calculate how many sythns i will eventually need to create quality sounds/tracks that i want (i'm trying to save up for black friday...already).
Only use reason stock devices so far but i'd love Parsec(additive), expanse or seurum (wavetable) and ive decided on fabfilter twin as a subtractive synth. However i constantly read about the value of a software analogue synth and synapse the Legend ticks all those boxes however i'm trying to justify the extra expense of the legend as from all the reviews and tutaorials i looked at it dosnt seem to have much that Fabfilter twin donst already have . If anyone here has the legend can they tell me if they use it much and if it has any specific sounds that a good subtractive synth dosn't already have that may come in handy for production purposes (i try wite mostly ambient/broad dance music) ....thank you so much.

EdGrip

14 Aug 2017

It's easy, when you've been on a long review-reading binge, to forget that we find different soft synths fun to use, or not fun, - often for no predictable reason.
So it's important to make use of demos and see what you FEEL, see what you bond with. It might be that you just find a synth really fun and inspirational, even though it's far less versatile (or clean sounding, or whatever) than another synth. Play with demos. Do it. I know it stirs up the certainty mud, I know, but just do it.

chk071

14 Aug 2017

For the price, also consider this thing: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/ ... r-for-299/

Judging from sound demos, it sounds really, really close to the original Minimoog Model D...
:reason: :rebirth:

• Information