Maschine Inside Reason

Discuss VST stuff here!
deekaph

31 Jul 2017

Pardon me if it's already been covered, I poked around and couldn't find what I want to do specifically.

I love my Maschine. To have it supported directly as a VST in Reason is great, however, it's not working right and it seems like there should be a simple solution so if someone's got it then please share ...

I want to "jam" on my Maschine, which is loaded as a VST inside a project in Reason. I want the data I jam on the maschine to be kept in the track in reason so I can go after and quantize etc but all I'm getting is the audio from maschine without the data being stored in Reason itself. If I use my midi keyboard it will store the data but then I'm only getting different scale sounds of whatever pad happens to be highlighted.

Just wanna jam on the maschine live and have the data stored in reason so I can edit it. Welp.

And if it's already been covered then please link me to it because I'm feeling dumb atm and can't find it.

Cheers, thanks in advance

groggy1

31 Jul 2017

deekaph wrote:
31 Jul 2017
Pardon me if it's already been covered, I poked around and couldn't find what I want to do specifically.

I love my Maschine. To have it supported directly as a VST in Reason is great, however, it's not working right and it seems like there should be a simple solution so if someone's got it then please share ...

I want to "jam" on my Maschine, which is loaded as a VST inside a project in Reason. I want the data I jam on the maschine to be kept in the track in reason so I can go after and quantize etc but all I'm getting is the audio from maschine without the data being stored in Reason itself. If I use my midi keyboard it will store the data but then I'm only getting different scale sounds of whatever pad happens to be highlighted.

Just wanna jam on the maschine live and have the data stored in reason so I can edit it. Welp.

And if it's already been covered then please link me to it because I'm feeling dumb atm and can't find it.

Cheers, thanks in advance

You can use the Maschine hardware as a pure controller - just press shift-F1 on Maschine to put it into MIDI-controller-mode. Once you do this, it acts like a MIDI-controller, plain and simple. There's even a configuration app that comes with Maschine, so you can edit the CC values it sets.

If you want to use REASON'S sequencer to hold all the notes, that's about the best you can get with Maschine.

I normally use Maschine as just a MIDI-controller for Reason. But last night I installed the full VST, and tried to use the Maschine workflow. Unfortunately, it was just too confusing, so I gave up after an hour. I'm happily using it as a MIDI-controller again now. :)

• Information