Vst controller mapping?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Daniel_frid

23 Jul 2017

I'v seen People changing the controller mapping file so rack extensions atomatic mapps to a controllkeyboard, does it work för vst plugins to?
Best regards Daniel

AttenuationHz

23 Jul 2017

Daniel_frid wrote:
23 Jul 2017
I'v seen People changing the controller mapping file so rack extensions atomatic mapps to a controllkeyboard, does it work för vst plugins to?
Best regards Daniel
Do you mean remote override? Yes click the remote button on VST windows.

Or do you mean remote codecs? Yes you can write a codec. Which I'm not sure how to do, maybe someone else can answer...
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Daniel_frid

23 Jul 2017

I Think remote codec is what its called, does it work with vst to? Has anyone tryed it?

AttenuationHz

23 Jul 2017

Daniel_frid wrote:
23 Jul 2017
I Think remote codec is what its called, does it work with vst to? Has anyone tryed it?
Yeah sure why not! A wealth of info in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=7501691
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Daniel_frid

23 Jul 2017

Thanks!

Lizard

23 Jul 2017

Daniel_frid wrote:
23 Jul 2017
Best regards Daniel
Any remote supported controller in Reason can have VST mapped to it. Editing the maps depends on how the Codec set up the Remote file but can easily be added to. You will need to know the "scope" of the VST and the remote items. This data can be exported from the "File" menu by choosing Export Device remote Info. The list of controls are located inside the VST Name Info text file exported. Follow similar examples in your existing Remote Map using the data in the info file and you can create your own mappings.

Oquasec

23 Jul 2017

The vst wrapper is essentially a rack device, so yes.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Daniel_frid

23 Jul 2017

Thanks!

• Information