Regroover Essentials working ?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Moonchild25

22 Jul 2017

Anyone using accusonus regroover with reason 9.5 ?? It crashes my system when I try to use it.

AttenuationHz

22 Jul 2017

Moonchild25 wrote:
22 Jul 2017
Anyone using accusonus regroover with reason 9.5 ?? It crashes my system when I try to use it.
Its supposedly 'not compatible yet'. I emailed their support and that's what I was told. But it works if you have a VST that can host VST's.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

olive6741

23 Jul 2017

Strange. I can use it with no problem. But I'm on Mac. Are you on Windows ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

AttenuationHz

23 Jul 2017

olive6741 wrote:
23 Jul 2017
Strange. I can use it with no problem. But I'm on Mac. Are you on Windows ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
Yeah. The demo worked for one day for me and then stopped working!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

olive6741

23 Jul 2017

In fact I didn't try demo for long: it was at very good price so I bought it very fast. It still works. I just tried now.
It seems I'm lucky? Or is it because it is registered? (didn't catch if you bought it or not)
MacOS Sierra. Reason 9.5.1.

AttenuationHz

23 Jul 2017

olive6741 wrote:
23 Jul 2017
In fact I didn't try demo for long: it was at very good price so I bought it very fast. It still works. I just tried now.
It seems I'm lucky? Or is it because it is registered? (didn't catch if you bought it or not)
Well you have to register to download the demo. I didn't buy it because it didn't work. I was going to consider buying it but I did not get to demo all the features and the full version would be no different from the demo. The Demo is the full version it just times out after 7 days.

Moonchild25

14 Aug 2017

olive6741 wrote:
23 Jul 2017
I bought it, still not working for me, must be a windows thing :oops:

olive6741

15 Aug 2017

I can confirm, it doesn't work on Windows, though it works perfectly for me on my MacBook pro.

But there is still a workaround if you really want to use it in Reason on Windows, but it's not elegant:
(but you bought it, so... ;) )

Use Image-Line Minihost (free, but you have to create an account ; http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 9&t=123031), then load Accusonus Regroover Essential in it... it works...

Well... More or less... (I just did intensive tests on a Windows machine). In fact, it works, as long as you are not closing song and trying reloading it. Because when reloading it, Minihost crash... but Reason 'survives'... (if you only used ONE Regroover that way, no more than one at a time in a song). Is it a real trouble? Well... yes and no :) . The interest of Regroover Essential is to separate (and tweak) layers of different drum. Then with dedicated notes (starting at C3) you can play one layer at a time. You could then Bounce to track each layer. Then remove Regroover. And close song.

If you really want to keep a template with Regroover, this under is my way to do it:

My way to use it, if/when I really have to, is to insert a Minihost instrument in a combinator, to be sure I'll keep notes I recorded on a track - the one of a combinator whose inside can evolve (notes triggers different drum layers, what is nice to play instrument separated by Regroover separately), and then before closing my song and saving it for the last time, to REMEMBER to save what I made as a project in Regroover - VERY IMPORTANT - then unload it from Minihost and save Reason song: That way Reason opens correctly song containing an empty MiniHost next time, and when song is loaded, you just add Regroover in Minihost - and load your last Regroover project in Regroover -> this restores your last situation of work.

If you ever forgot to unload Regroover when saving, no panic... you can deactivate IL Minihost instrument in Manage VST device in Reason, remove Minihost while you can open the song next time - Reason will say Minihost VST is missing, as you enclosed it in a combinator, you keep your note recorded while removing Minihost, save again, re-enable IL Minihost, close Reason, restart Reason, reload song, reinsert 'fresh Minihost' (maybe need to rescan VST in preferences in Minihost), reinsert Regroover and load in it your Regroover project...
Nothing lost. Reason song doesn't crash Reason attempting to load corrupted VST.

So, to be sure to not lose anything: ALWAYS save your Regroover project !!! (it is wise in any situation, in fact, because one can spend a lot of time editing the sample in Regroover , when you need to cut, edit parts of the samples not perfectly detected by automatic process- Regroover is fun when you tweak it)

I tested all of this on a Windows laptop this morning (Windows 7 64 bits) and found this way to act if I want to use Regroover on Windows. I used Regroover to split Drum loops made on Figure. It works quite well. If you want I can give you a dropbox link of a Reason song example to clarify my talk)

Ok, I said it WASN'T elegant. IT IS NOT. IT'S A BIT CLUMSY. The fact is:

Regroover doesn't work at the moment on Reason on Windows. There is just a workaround. Not elegant.

:)

And yes, some situations, since we have VST in Reason, threatens stability. Do it at your own risks...

manuel radioact77

15 Dec 2017

Hello,

Same experience here with Regroove Pro 1.7 and Reason 9.5.2.
I was able to use it in demo mode for a short amount of time.
When I saved the sassion and opened it again there was na error message. Then i tryed to open Regroover and the message "Failed to open file" apeared. Tryed to reinstall, nothing.

It's a great tool imo.

Are there any news from from Acussonus regarding this situation with Regroove and Reason?

AttenuationHz

16 Dec 2017

manuel radioact77 wrote:
15 Dec 2017
Hello,

When I saved the sassion and opened it again there was na error message. Then i tryed to open Regroover and the message "Failed to open file" apeared. Tryed to reinstall, nothing.

It's a great tool imo.

Are there any news from from Acussonus regarding this situation with Regroove and Reason?
Have not heard a thing myself. Last time I emailed they said they are aware of the problem and working on a fix still not fixed, sad to hear. I'd email their support to raise the issue! Tried the demo and as good as it is just didn't find it that useful. For what it does, you can do in reason in other ways.

manuel radioact77

17 Dec 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
16 Dec 2017
manuel radioact77 wrote:
15 Dec 2017
Hello,

It's a great tool imo.

Have not heard a thing myself. Last time I emailed they said they are aware of the problem and working on a fix still not fixed, sad to hear. I'd email their support to raise the issue! Tried the demo and as good as it is just didn't find it that useful. For what it does, you can do in reason in other ways.
Hi, :)
I emailed then on Friday reporting the issue. I'm waiting maybe Sunday they'll give me some sort of answear.
I only used for about 15 minutes and wasn't able to try all its features. I know with this version 1.7 they implemented the drag and drop audio option wich i really like.
I think i'd use it mainly with audio drums/ beats loops. Right now i bounce the audio to Rex and work from there eventualy deconstructing and rearranging the beats. I was hoping the Regroover would bring something new and fresh in that department.

Peace :)

davidicus

21 Aug 2018

olive6741 wrote:
15 Aug 2017

Use Image-Line Minihost (free, but you have to create an account ; http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 9&t=123031), then load Accusonus Regroover Essential in it... it works...
i admit i can be incredibly dense, but there seems to be no way at all to create an account at image-line.com. sign in only.
also, Minihost Beta 1.5.8 from early 2014--is this really the most recent?

jam-s

21 Aug 2018

davidicus wrote:
21 Aug 2018
i admit i can be incredibly dense, but there seems to be no way at all to create an account at image-line.com. sign in only.
also, Minihost Beta 1.5.8 from early 2014--is this really the most recent?
Try to visit https://support.image-line.com/action/license and do the registration. I think the account will also be created if you do not have a valid serial number.

• Information