Ahornberg

17 Jul 2017

The tape-stop fx is amazing!

Galaxy

17 Jul 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
17 Jul 2017

It's alright. Sucks that it doesn't resume like a record and just cuts back in abruptly. Looks like an interesting plugin tho.

Ahornberg

17 Jul 2017

Galaxy wrote:
17 Jul 2017
Ahornberg wrote:
17 Jul 2017

It's alright. Sucks that it doesn't resume like a record and just cuts back in abruptly. Looks like an interesting plugin tho.
kHs Tape Stop can do that.

jonheal

17 Jul 2017

How many plug-ins does Waves have? Like 3,000,000? That's all I ever see. Waves, Waves, Waves.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

miscend

17 Jul 2017

I think it sounds like complete utter kak. I tried it on a variety of mixes in different genres and couldn't get a sound that I liked. It also doesn't sound like vinyl.

davidvilla

17 Jul 2017

I use it to add color and squoosh transients and it is fantastic for that. The phase distortion adds this very slick width to tracks. Put it on a snare and drive the input and it sounds soooo good. Place it on the master, turn off all the vinyl effects, put the TG on, set it to DJ and holy glueness batman. Watch the Yoad Nevo video on the waves site for ideas. Darlington also explains it very very well (I love that guy).

challism

17 Jul 2017

Check this out before you buy something. It's free and it's absolutely wonderful.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/cre ... vinyl.html
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Galaxy

18 Jul 2017

challism wrote:
17 Jul 2017
Check this out before you buy something. It's free and it's absolutely wonderful.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/cre ... vinyl.html
Vinyl is great. It's more lofi than a mastering effect, altho you can drive it.

Libraquaricorn

19 Jul 2017

at 26$ (it came up as one of my "personal daily deals" over at waves.com at that price) I could not resist any more. I'm doing a string of silly lofi 60s style "pop" songs at the moment and figured it would be fun to have an alternative to the Audiothing Vinyl Strip plugin I have been using so far, since I even get a mono version with this Waves plugin... Oh well...

ThisIsNotTheMusic

19 Jul 2017

I'm trying to download the iZotope Vinyl and get Error message #1638.Anyone else getting that? (I like the idea of paying $0 rather then $29 or $249 for something that doesn't sound that great tbo). :cool:
https://soundcloud.com/hissotheusic

In space, no one can hear your song ....

Libraquaricorn

19 Jul 2017

This is a test drive of the Waves Abbey Road Vinyl on a track from my "Silly lofi 60s pop songs project" that I'm doing inbetween other things. The AR Vinyl was the absolute last thing in the signal chain here and the settings I used is displayed in the image. It's not quite lofi enough for my taste, to be frank... Note that I'm using the mono version of the plugin on this track and that I did the tonarm movement automation to simulate the playing of an actual record - a very short 12" single that is. I meant to emulate the playing of an old 7" but I guess i would have to start about half way in then, so I didn't get that right this time...oh, well....

Ahornberg

19 Jul 2017

I only went on this plugin because uf the 30 secnds tape-stop ... that's an unique fx for my ambient sounds.

• Information