Satellite UAD 2 usb

Discuss VST stuff here!
Lobong Sutil

14 Jul 2017

Hello cool peeps,

I use Reason 9.5 as my main DAW, and i acquired a satellite octo usb for their plugins, however, i'm still having trouble having UAD plugins using Reason's DSP instead of the satellite's. Is there anything that i can do to the settings so that the satellite could function as it was advertised, being an independent plugin processor? Thanks

LS

QVprod

14 Jul 2017

It's a known issue with UAD plugins and Reason. Propellerhead and UA are in contact, just have to wait for a fix.

FlowerSoldier

14 Jul 2017

IIRC the only time the UAD plugins will use the onboard SHARCs is if the plugins are being used on the UAD Console channels. If you're using them as a VST instance in a DAW they will use the computer's DSP. My UAD Plugins work fine in the Console, but when I open them in Reason I run into issues.

supersmarter

15 Jul 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:
14 Jul 2017
IIRC the only time the UAD plugins will use the onboard SHARCs is if the plugins are being used on the UAD Console channels. If you're using them as a VST instance in a DAW they will use the computer's DSP. My UAD Plugins work fine in the Console, but when I open them in Reason I run into issues.
You are spreading completely false informations. Sorry i don't like anyone spreading nonsense and i'll talk back because i am aware a lot of folks never used UAD until lately and i don't want someone reading this post get wrong information.

UAD entirely uses SHARCS for sound processing and DOES NOT USE your CPU in your computer when you use it as a VST.

That's the point of UAD DSP. Go in their forum and ask there if you think i am talking out of the blue.

When you add it in Reason in does use CPU i mean it looks like it but only because it is Reason bug and issue not the other way. It is confirmed issue by PH, reported on various forums and they are working on fix.

You can freely add UAD effects in other DAW applications, and depending on how much UAD sharcs you have your native CPU is entirely intact (actually it will use very little processing depending on your session rate and ASIO buffer size but CPU usage is marginal) which is sole purpose of UAD. To give room for your procesor doing other tasks and of course to get great effects.

http://www.uaudio.com/uad-accelerators/uad-2-pcie.html

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articl ... celerator-

"Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins"

FlowerSoldier

15 Jul 2017

User name checks out.
That's good to know. Thanks for the info.

• Information