Korg Gadget "Darwin" Vst/Crashes Reason

Discuss VST stuff here!
KIKBAK1

13 Jul 2017

So I can crash Reason every time by pulling the Darwin Vst into the Rack and clicking to open.

It's weird because, I just made a track a couple days back using it with no probs.

Mac Yosemite using reason 9.5.1 still

Anyone experience any problems with the Korg gadgets?
KIKBAK1.com

KIKBAK1

13 Jul 2017

Sent crash repot to tech support
KIKBAK1.com

Lizard

13 Jul 2017

From the Korg Website the have the following on the Gadget Mac page:

Operability confirmed DAW software* (latest version):
Ableton Live 9 / Logic Pro X / Logic Pro 9 / GarageBand 10 / Cubase Pro 8.5 / Cubase Pro 9 / Digital Performer 8 / Digital Performer 9 / Studio One 3 / Bitwig Studio 2 / ProTools 11 / ProTools 12

* as of March 24, 2017

Had you tried it in another DAW? Perhaps they need a little more time to work the bugs out on all DAWs. I'm sure during development they did not have Reason as a target. I have Gadget for my iPad but I am a PC user so... no VST 4 me. Jealous. At least you get another 30 or so to play with. :P Look on the bright side mate.

KIKBAK1

13 Jul 2017

Lizard wrote:
13 Jul 2017
Had you tried it in another DAW? Perhaps they need a little more time to work the bugs out on all DAWs. I'm sure during development they did not have Reason as a target. I have Gadget for my iPad but I am a PC user so... no VST 4 me. Jealous. At least you get another 30 or so to play with. :P Look on the bright side mate.
Lizard!! 🦎 hey old pal..Haven't tried it in any other DAW. This is the first time it actually crashed, been working fine for a month and a half..smooth as butter. Maybe not in development, but they collaborated with allihoopa for a song challenge.
Yeah, I got it for Mac on sale for 199.00 sounded like a good deal for a new daw & 30+ VSTs.
KIKBAK1.com

Lizard

14 Jul 2017

KIKBAK1 wrote:
13 Jul 2017
Lizard wrote:
13 Jul 2017
Lizard!! 🦎 hey old pal..Haven't tried it in any other DAW. This is the first time it actually crashed, been working fine for a month and a half..smooth as butter. Maybe not in development, but they collaborated with allihoopa for a song challenge.
Yeah, I got it for Mac on sale for 199.00 sounded like a good deal for a new daw & 30+ VSTs.
Good man! I think they recently had an update so if it worked before and now is funky then maybe something changed in the last point update??? I'd test it with another DAW doing the same thing (or as close as possible) and see if you get the same result. Clearly if another DAW suffers then it is a Korg issue. Just as Reason is new to VST these Gadgets are are new to VST as well. Good luck.

Still jealous though.

dtaki

14 Jul 2017

You should report this to bugs@propellerhead.se. I have a similar problem with Absynth, where dragging it on top of another device (to replace it) almost always crashes Reason. They promptly responded (about a day or two) saying that they were working on it. This may be a related issue.

KIKBAK1

14 Jul 2017

dtaki wrote:
14 Jul 2017
You should report this to bugs@propellerhead.se. I have a similar problem with Absynth, where dragging it on top of another device (to replace it) almost always crashes Reason. They promptly responded (about a day or two) saying that they were working on it. This may be a related issue.
Yeah, I did. They emailed back and said contact Korg.
KIKBAK1.com

• Information