Ozone 7 vs Ozone rack extension

Discuss VST stuff here!
skie

13 Jul 2017

Hi, I'm wondering how the Ozone rack extension limiter compares to the limiter in Ozone 7, or to Fab Filter Pro-L? I haven't been able to find any comparisons online.

Thank you!

sdst
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2017

Supposedly Ozone 7 and Pro-L are better than Ozone RE

but i don't notice a big difference, For me Ozone RE does the job well

The advantage I see in the vst is can be used in others DAW

Spryx

14 Jul 2017

It's honestly night and day. I can say the VST is much better than the RE.
latest:

aeox
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2017

The VST Ozone 7 has more algorithms. IRC 4(Intelligent Release Control) uses "spectral shaping technology".

The way I understand or hear it, is that I can push the limiter a lot harder without distortion.

skie

15 Jul 2017

aeox wrote:
14 Jul 2017
The VST Ozone 7 has more algorithms. IRC 4(Intelligent Release Control) uses "spectral shaping technology".

The way I understand or hear it, is that I can push the limiter a lot harder without distortion.
Cool I bought fab filter and so far it seems amazing. Aeox, the track in your sig is dope and sounds really well produced did you do all the post-production yourself??

AttenuationHz

15 Jul 2017

I compared the maximize in ozone 5 to the RE they were both out at the same time iirc. The VST a lot better imo.

If your just looking for a limiter though I would probably go with FabFilter Pro L as the Ozone maximiser is only available with the suite or essentials. They are doing a 25% off sale on bundles atm at FabFilter. If your looking for the ozone suite then it would be a no brainer. Its a tough call though both companies have great plug-ins.

Did you not try the demo's sure and compare them yourself?
Last edited by AttenuationHz on 15 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

aeox
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2017

skie wrote:
15 Jul 2017
aeox wrote:
14 Jul 2017

Cool I bought fab filter and so far it seems amazing. Aeox, the track in your sig is dope and sounds really well produced did you do all the post-production yourself??
Fabfilter has got some quality stuff as well!

Yes I did. :thumbs_up:

aeox
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2017

aeox wrote:
15 Jul 2017
skie wrote:
15 Jul 2017

Fabfilter has got some quality stuff as well!

Yes I did. :thumbs_up:
Oh if you are talking about the piano, no I did not record the piano live. It's a factory patch called Concert Grand Piano :P ( I don't know what post-production really is :P)
Last edited by aeox on 16 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.

ProfessaKaos

16 Jul 2017

sdst wrote:
13 Jul 2017

Same here, I have tested both on a mix and ended up using the RE because it sounded better for that mix.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

miscend

16 Jul 2017

Limiter 6 is free and just as good as or better than Ozone.

AttenuationHz

16 Jul 2017

miscend wrote:
16 Jul 2017
Dunno about that

It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

skie

16 Jul 2017

ProfessaKaos wrote:
16 Jul 2017
sdst wrote:
13 Jul 2017

Same here, I have tested both on a mix and ended up using the RE because it sounded better for that mix.
No I mean did you mix and master your track yourself, if so you achieved great results, to my ear!

miscend

17 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
16 Jul 2017
miscend wrote:
16 Jul 2017
Dunno about that

Ignore the ugly GUI. Limiter 6 is popular with mastering guys. It's the real deal.

Personally I did a shoot out with Ozone and I preferred Limiter 6. It's highly dependent on the source material, but in the war for loudness generally Ozone gets ugly earlier when pushed really hard. Whereas Limiter 6 can get louder whilst still sounding musical. This was when comparing full mixes.

There's a commercial version of Limiter 6 that was recently released, with even more features than the free version.
http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-limiter6-ge/

aeox
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2017

skie wrote:
16 Jul 2017
ProfessaKaos wrote:
16 Jul 2017

No I mean did you mix and master your track yourself, if so you achieved great results, to my ear!
I think you meant to quote me, right? :D

Yes it is was all done by me :thumbs_up:

skie

17 Jul 2017

Do you mess with the Stereo Image on the master bus? Or do your sounds already have a wide image?

aeox
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2017

skie wrote:
17 Jul 2017
Do you mess with the Stereo Image on the master bus? Or do your sounds already have a wide image?
Yea I do. Some sounds already have a wide image too.

• Information