Uhbik RE Crossgrade Coming Soon

Discuss VST stuff here!
davidvilla

13 Jul 2017

After Propellerhead announced VST support in Reason 9.5, a number of Uhbik Rack Extension customers asked whether they could switch to the VST version.

In a few days we will send out an email to customers who own two or more Uhbik Rack Extensions. Included is a coupon discounting the price of the regular Uhbik bundle (VST / AU / AAX formats).

If you do not receive the email by July 19th, please contact support@u-he.com.

XysteR

15 Jul 2017

davidvilla wrote:
13 Jul 2017
After Propellerhead announced VST support in Reason 9.5, a number of Uhbik Rack Extension customers asked whether they could switch to the VST version.

In a few days we will send out an email to customers who own two or more Uhbik Rack Extensions. Included is a coupon discounting the price of the regular Uhbik bundle (VST / AU / AAX formats).

LMFAO!

ivar

17 Jul 2017

hi
u-he is a company with a very good customer support. repro 1 buyer get repro 5 for free and Uhbik owners get the vst version for free, when they own 6 Uhbik RE

If you own 2 or 3 Uhbik Rack Extensions, you are entitled to $30 off
If you own 4 or 5 Uhbik Rack Extensions, you are entitled to $100 off
If you own 6 or more Uhbik Rack Extensions, you will receive Uhbik for free ($149 off)

davidvilla

17 Jul 2017

Very cool - I have 6 uhbik RE's and now I get those and the extra 3 vst uhbiks.

Just another reason to say goodbye to REs.

joet63

17 Jul 2017

I received my email today! :-)
I too have several RE's from uhbik :-) I also have a hankerin for bargains! :-)
and thanks to U-he!!!
Last edited by joet63 on 17 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:adapted: :reason: :record: :recycle: :refill: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :ignition: :re: :PUF_figure: :rt:
R5 Record iMac 2.0 Core 2 Duo 4Gb of RAM

Sargie

17 Jul 2017

Just wanted to say "thank-you" to u-he for doing this and making it so easy and painless.

Other manufacturers please take note!

Next time I am on the hunt for some new "gear" I will remember this excellent display of customer service.

QuantumHarmonics

17 Jul 2017

Thx UHE!, 100 percent discount coupon in my mailbox.
Rob Papen made my day with the 99 euro crossgrade deal for all his vst's, but this deal is just excellent!
Indeed such customer service i will remember, TOP!

winkie

17 Jul 2017

Same here. 9 Ubhik RE's here so free. I can also say the same for Rob Papen customer service having got a good price on crossgrade from Predator RE.

ivar

17 Jul 2017

hi

u-he delivers is in my opinion the best vst synths possible. their products receive regularly updates and they really care when you contact them with technical problems.

davidvilla

17 Jul 2017

XysteR wrote:
15 Jul 2017
LMFAO!
Me too, particulualry this morning as I read my "here, we're going to give you all the uhbik VSTs" email.

Galaxy

17 Jul 2017

This is stupid for ppl with the bottom tier for the crossgrade. You could buy one of the bundles in the shop to move up to 6 devices for less than the $30 off they're offering and get the crossgrade for free. Pathetic. Does uhe even deserve Reason users money with how he left ppl hanging. Whatever, to each his own.

platzangst

18 Jul 2017

Galaxy wrote:
17 Jul 2017
This is stupid for ppl with the bottom tier for the crossgrade. You could buy one of the bundles in the shop to move up to 6 devices for less than the $30 off they're offering and get the crossgrade for free. Pathetic.
Sooooo... you've found a way to get an even cheaper deal and, what? You're upset that they didn't tie up that loophole?

Galaxy

18 Jul 2017

platzangst wrote:
18 Jul 2017
Galaxy wrote:
17 Jul 2017
This is stupid for ppl with the bottom tier for the crossgrade. You could buy one of the bundles in the shop to move up to 6 devices for less than the $30 off they're offering and get the crossgrade for free. Pathetic.
Sooooo... you've found a way to get an even cheaper deal and, what? You're upset that they didn't tie up that loophole?
No just bad taste left from RE development. Don't even qualify cause I just have the reverb that still has issues.

XysteR

18 Jul 2017

Galaxy wrote:
17 Jul 2017
This is stupid for ppl with the bottom tier for the crossgrade. You could buy one of the bundles in the shop to move up to 6 devices for less than the $30 off they're offering and get the crossgrade for free. Pathetic. Does uhe even deserve Reason users money with how he left ppl hanging. Whatever, to each his own.
Here here!

It's all well and good to sell the VST's and Re's here still. Yet still no fixes from years back!? Hence, not a penny from me, never ever again! Fix your shit, or haul it's ass out of our props shop! It's not our fault you'd have to hire someone for the Re fix side of things! This should have been done years ago. And no, I'm not going to even listen to your excuses because to us the customers, there are none!..

platzangst

18 Jul 2017

XysteR wrote:
18 Jul 2017
because to us the customers, there are none!..
I wish people would stop using phrases like "we the customers", as if all u-He customers feel the same way.

I mean, I'm a u-He customer and I don't feel nearly as upset about the whole deal - and I probably spent more on u-He REs than anyone complaining.

I'm not saying anyone can't be mad, either, just that people shouldn't assume their opinion speaks for everyone.

XysteR

18 Jul 2017

platzangst wrote:
18 Jul 2017
XysteR wrote:
18 Jul 2017
because to us the customers, there are none!..
I wish people would stop using phrases like "we the customers", as if all u-He customers feel the same way.

I mean, I'm a u-He customer and I don't feel nearly as upset about the whole deal - and I probably spent more on u-He REs than anyone complaining.

I'm not saying anyone can't be mad, either, just that people shouldn't assume their opinion speaks for everyone.
Well I'm sorry but a lot who know, do feel the same way, so I'll stick 100% with my "we the customers" comment which clearly meant "we who bought bugged products". Personally, I wish people would stop arse-licking shit devs who give no thought to leaving their customers out in the cold which is exactly what happened. It was pleaded a long time ago now, pretty much left a bitter taste in a lot of people mouths too. I never forgot, never will, that is my choice and my right. Oh, and I'm not mad - Just miffed with a touch of gross disappointment.

There is nobody on this planet who can tell me that they can't afford to have an Re dev sort bugs out. I was told "It's not that simple" I'm supposed to accept that? I think not. I'll just continue to never buy their buggy products again for fear of being shit on a second time..

platzangst

18 Jul 2017

XysteR wrote:
18 Jul 2017
Well I'm sorry but a lot who know, do feel the same way, so I'll stick 100% with my "we the customers" comment which clearly meant "we who bought bugged products".
I bought the same buggy REs, dude. And I still don't have your level of mad on.

I mean, I know why you stick with it, so you can make it sound like everybody's got hate for u-He. But unless you're working for u-He and get to see the sales/complaint details, you don't know whether your opinion is universal or even in the majority.

Again, it's just that I wish people would be more accurate when they talk, so it doesn't sound like you're trying to speak for all customers, instead of only the ones who are actually pissed off.

XysteR

18 Jul 2017

platzangst wrote:
18 Jul 2017
XysteR wrote:
18 Jul 2017
Well I'm sorry but a lot who know, do feel the same way, so I'll stick 100% with my "we the customers" comment which clearly meant "we who bought bugged products".
I bought the same buggy REs, dude. And I still don't have your level of mad on.

I mean, I know why you stick with it, so you can make it sound like everybody's got hate for u-He. But unless you're working for u-He and get to see the sales/complaint details, you don't know whether your opinion is universal or even in the majority.

Again, it's just that I wish people would be more accurate when they talk, so it doesn't sound like you're trying to speak for all customers, instead of only the ones who are actually pissed off.
Fair enough platzangst, you continue to be mugged all your life - that's your choice. I'll continue feeling the exact same way as I did years ago - Morally nothing has changed, to this day they still talk from their arses in the hope they get away with it, and they are, soley because of people like you who allow it to 'blow over'! I already explained I'm not mad in my previous post. In fact I find your lack of caring quite weird, we weren't all content with broken toys as children you know? lmao ;) No, I'll stick with it because it's a moral shit-storm. You just keep accepting lame excuses, bullshit and broken toys. Regardless of you liking it or not, there is nothing you can do about it - I'll continue to not allow this to happen again to others who feel the same, and myself.

davidvilla

18 Jul 2017

Meanwhile back at his studio, David, wearing his "Urs for President" t-shirt, loads up Hive and puts some uhbik-a and d on it and is engulfed in sweet aural bliss...

joeyluck

19 Jul 2017

I only own the Uhbik G RE, so I suppose I'm not eligible. And I bought it at non-sale price for $39. Was always interested in the bundle, but could never get past that it was $50 more than the VST bundle and that's on top of Propellerhead lacking a 'complete my bundle' deal. U-he said they had to make up for extra costs of RE/GUI development, but I would think that had come and passed and they could lower the price to match the VST bundle at least...

Oh well. I do prefer them as REs. And really only prefer the one. Will be picking up Zebra I suppose at some point. They are a bit behind it seems with their Zebra 2.8 update that was announced back in April.

platzangst

19 Jul 2017

XysteR wrote:
18 Jul 2017
soley because of people like you who allow it to 'blow over'!
Yeah, and how'd all the energy spent on complaining work out? Did a whole lot of good, didn't it? Really changed things.
XysteR wrote:
18 Jul 2017
In fact I find your lack of caring quite weird, we weren't all content with broken toys as children you know?
It's more a matter of how much effort can be put into a situation for the supposed payback. u-He was aware of the problem, they gave a reason for not fixing it - you either accept their reason and cut your losses or you don't. Well, if you don't, then you spend time and effort doing... what? Nothing productive. It's not like you can break into the u-He office and hold a gun to someone's head and force them to hire coders.

As for my "not caring", it was never that big of a deal. The bug could be worked around if I absolutely had to have that sound. And in the end, I've gotten the VST version of the REs I bought and then some for free - even if it took quite a while to come around. So not only has it worked out that I've been compensated to some extent for the bugs, my "weird" position has saved me from whatever stress is involved in getting into a moral dudgeon over the issue.
XysteR wrote:
18 Jul 2017
I'll continue to not allow this to happen again to others who feel the same, and myself.
Good luck with that.

Galaxy

19 Jul 2017

davidvilla wrote:
18 Jul 2017
Meanwhile back at his studio, David, wearing his "Urs for President" t-shirt, loads up Hive and puts some uhbik-a and d on it and is engulfed in sweet aural bliss...
Just make sure you're workin in only 44.1 if you expect the song to sound the same after you reopen it.

scratchnsnifff

19 Jul 2017

Wait so this offer is only to get the vst version? lol I was hoping for the REs. Even if they are buggy the modulation and creative bundles have been some of my favorite tools, I always felt like they brought a huge sound with them like the air raid audio tools not sure how accurate of a comparison it is, but the uhbik stuff that works does sound good at least my only complaint has been that the presets are a bit ridiculous. Most of the phaser patches are overboard but that's nothing a little elbow grease can't work out.
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Olivier

19 Jul 2017

davidvilla wrote:
13 Jul 2017

Cheers for the headsup ! i didn't get that mail but i managed to get my discount code :)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

• Information