Reason + Waves

Discuss VST stuff here!
Street Box Radio

10 Jul 2017

What are some of your favorite Waves Plugs/ what genre of music are you working with the most?
Made a quick search but didnt see a thread about this, my apologies if there is already.
I am an experimental musician that specializes in Hip Hop (non radio/ non trap)
Favorite compressor - API- 2500/ SSL
Fav EQ- Lin EQ Low band
Fav Dynamic- L2
Fav Harmonics - NLS/ REDD/ Maxx Bass/ PuigTec EQP1A
Reverb - IR1 Full
Honorable mention - Kramer Pie/ SSL/ Maxx Volume
Last edited by Street Box Radio on 10 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2017

Reel ADT

NLS Non-Linear Summer

Street Box Radio

12 Jul 2017

aeox wrote:
10 Jul 2017
Reel ADT

NLS Non-Linear Summer
How do you like the ADT? Its on my list of things to nab for sure

aeox
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2017

Street Box Radio wrote:
12 Jul 2017
aeox wrote:
10 Jul 2017
Reel ADT

NLS Non-Linear Summer
How do you like the ADT? Its on my list of things to nab for sure
I have one particular use for it, although I'm sure I'll find more in the future. I just use it on a parallel channel for my bass synths, that's pretty much all I use it for.

Mileage may vary for different people, but it's become a part of my "sound" for heavy bass style synths.

Ahornberg

12 Jul 2017

GW MixCentric is one I use often.

ionly

12 Jul 2017

Just snatched from the sale (becoming my favs very soon):
API- 2500
Lin Phase EQ
PuigTec EQP-1A + MEQ-5
Brauer Motion
Grand Rhapsody Piano
Nx

Nearly grabbed the L2, but after a trial of Voxengo's Elephant, I'm very very impressed with it

Already owned:
Fav Reverb: Ren Reverb
Fav Compressors: CLA 2A/Ren Comp
Fav EQ: Ren EQ
MaxxBass has helped me out here and there

I've had the Gold Bundle for some time now, and like a lot of what its got to offer

Lizard

13 Jul 2017

MetaFilter is a fun little product.

scratchnsnifff

13 Jul 2017

I'm not really the biggest fan of waves, however I got waves/infected mushrooms pusher mastering plugin and it's awesome! It's a simple EQ limiter compressor all in one with easy knobs so I must say waves probably has some nice units, it's just hard to cycle through their bazillion compressors EQ's lol but that's my personal opinion. Also I got codex and it's a fun little synth. I mainly find it useful for sequences and randomness. Those are the only two that I have (plus that free one in the prop shop) I will recommend those two vsts because they work and work well! Pusher and codex
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

davidvilla

13 Jul 2017

So I make either electronic things or piano based things and often a combination of both.

My fav Waves plugins are:

Metafilter - one of the most versatile and great sounding filter plugins. Way easier to use than The Drop, and honestly that's why I started using it. It's beefy and "expensive" sounding.

The entire Renaissance bundle - Solid and simple, low cpu, and they all sound great. I reach for the EQ and comp almost by nature now.

SSL E Channel - All-in-one slick and smooth sounding channel strip.

The CLA Signature series, including the new Mixdown plugin - Magical magical magical.

Waves L1 - I use it to tame things, but it also adds some serious grit and nice distortion (particularly on bass) when you push it hard.

Stereo Imager - Such an insanely simple looking and working plugin, but one of the most immediate space-enhancing plugins.

NLS Non Linear Summing - I love the workflow of this more than Slate's. It's also less subtle than Slate's which is what I like. I am so sick of Slate pushing his subscription that I am never buying any new Slate plugins again!

KIKBAK1

14 Jul 2017

I only have a few so far. The Redd Bundle & R-Bass

They had the SSL e channel on sale 3 weeks ago for 29 bucks. Kicking myself for not grabbing it.
KIKBAK1.com

KIKBAK1

15 Jul 2017

davidvilla wrote:
13 Jul 2017

NLS Non Linear Summing - I love the workflow of this more than Slate's. It's also less subtle than Slate's which is what I like. I am so sick of Slate pushing his subscription that I am never buying any new Slate plugins again!
I've been demoing this. Works great on a smaller number of tracks. I've noticed when using on lots of tracks, it can sound pretty muddy and needs lots of EQing. I'll give it another go and try different settings.

*Update This thing is cool. To my ears I have to add a little more high end and some minor EQing to compensate
KIKBAK1.com

Street Box Radio

16 Jul 2017

:o :o :o
Attachments
image1.PNG
image1.PNG (271.47 KiB) Viewed 1685 times

• Information