Silent Way

Discuss VST stuff here!
raccoonboy

03 Jul 2017

Can someone confirm if this works as expected?

I don't have Reason 9 yet but might upgrade for this. The Silent Way RE doesn't work with the expanders, so may have to get this, it would save me having Live open.

I wouldn't usually ask if a specific VST works but as it's not really an instrument I'm not sure.

(Specifically the expander modules and also I guess, saving tunings as doing this each time on the RE version is a burden).

raccoonboy

05 Jul 2017

Nobody?

Surely there are some modular/reason junkies out there?

There's a free trial on the Expert Sleeper's website.

jonheal

05 Jul 2017

You would think Reason users are about as close as you can actually get to modular synth nerds. I would put together a modular synth myself in a heartbeat, if it weren't for the fact that I would be robbing my son of a semester or two of college.

I know there are, in fact, some modular users here. And what with Native Instruments demonstrating Reaktor's intractability with modular hardware using the same mechanisms, someone will probably pipe in here eventually.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

raccoonboy

13 Jul 2017

jonheal wrote:
05 Jul 2017
You would think Reason users are about as close as you can actually get to modular synth nerds. I would put together a modular synth myself in a heartbeat, if it weren't for the fact that I would be robbing my son of a semester or two of college.

I know there are, in fact, some modular users here. And what with Native Instruments demonstrating Reaktor's intractability with modular hardware using the same mechanisms, someone will probably pipe in here eventually.
Hopefully someone will know. Might just end up using with Ableton live instead for now, cheaper than the upgrade anyway.

AttenuationHz

13 Jul 2017

raccoonboy wrote:
13 Jul 2017
jonheal wrote:
05 Jul 2017

Hopefully someone will know. Might just end up using with Ableton live instead for now, cheaper than the upgrade anyway.
Just trial the demo of 9.5.1 and find out!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Ahornberg

13 Jul 2017

I use the SilentAye RE with a Motu UltraLiteMk3 audio interface and it works fine.

Maybe ask Expert Sleepers about the expanders. They made them so they should know what to do.

The Tone Ranger

15 Jul 2017

This is something I've been wondering since the announcement of Reason 9.5. I don't have any of the Silent Way modules that need the plugin or the plugin itself.

raccoonboy

16 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
13 Jul 2017
raccoonboy wrote:
13 Jul 2017

Just trial the demo of 9.5.1 and find out!
good idea, I'll try this thanks

• Information