previously working VST not appearing after reinstall

Discuss VST stuff here!
Re8et
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2017

I had to reset my win 10 installation, my audio had become glitch for probably the too many free vst crap I installed, and I could not revert the mess.
Fresh reason reinstallation
reinstalled my top VST and gave reason the new VST path installation folder
One VST is not loading in the preview, the Mystery Island Nord rack editor, which was previous the hard reset perfectly working.

The installation is very simple, but I can't seem to make it work.

What could it be?
Is there a way to clean reason cache??
I just may have to try it, because I have not many ideas how to get it back!

Other VST are working just fine.

plasticfractal

03 Jul 2017

There appears to be a bug in Reason in the code where it looks for Vsts. I noticed that after a while, Reason would show fewer of my VSTs in the browser. It started wth just one subfolder of VSTs not appearing (izotope). Then another. And finally no VSTs would appear at all in Reason. The only workaround I could find was to explicitly specify each folder where a VST dll exists, in the Reason configiration. It's a pain, but it's the only way I can ensure all my VSTs will appear in Reason.

Re8et
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2017

I tried that already with no success, and by the way, it does not scan for vst any more at the start, I don't know if it could be related, but my guesses are that it does.

Re8et
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2017

Tried to regenerate the path, but it reopened the vst with the screenshots as before, and the Nord rack is still missing.

If you accidentally added an entire drive – or a folder which contains a huge amount of files – as a custom VST folder, Reason 9.5 might stop responding during launch.
If this should happen, just delete the “Reason Plugin Folder.prf” file in the following location:
Windows:
%APPDATA%\Propellerhead Software\Reason
or
Mac OS:
~/Library/Preferences
The user (~) Library folder is hidden by default. To find it, select “Go To Folder…” from the “Go” menu in Finder, and paste
~/Library/Preferences
and click “Go”
Then, launch Reason 9.5. Now, only the default VST Plugin Folders should be scanned.

Re8et
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2017

perkele :evil:

Re8et
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2017

I moved the .dll out of the sub-folder and now it has appeared again. damn VST's that thinks they are an OS!! Total folder mess on its wayyyyyyyyy....

EthicistBeats

09 Jul 2017

Yea Waves AudioTrack worked fine a few days ago... I'm recording a vocal today and I go to look for my Waves plug and it just disaapeared, can't find it at all . Now I've been trying for a few hours to reinstall audiotrack but it's not even showing up in my authorizer, so I'm not sure what's going...

• Information