Can't get any of my Waves plugins to work. Reason 9.5, Windows 10

Discuss VST stuff here!
prolificprebz

28 Jun 2017

Yoyo!

Been trying to get all the Waves plugins I recently bought in a shopping spree to work, no luck. They don't show up in Reason at all (But my other, free VST's does)

*I have all the right folders set up in Reason
*I have the newest version of Windows, Waves, and Reason running
*I have uninstalled and reinstalled Waves several times
*I have been talking (+ remote access) with Waves support for 2 hours with no luck, and they are analyzing my system
*I have tried running it from an usb stick with licenses I have confirmed working on my Macbook pro
*I have tried running it from a fresh, local admin user

It seems to be some kind of license issue, at least that's what the guy from Waves support thought it might be. He downloaded a bunch of specs from my machine for further analysis.

Have anyone encountered this before, and how did you solve it? Or any other suggestions please? :shock:

tiker01

29 Jun 2017

All works fine here. Try to check if you have Visual Studio redistributeable installed other than the one Wave Central installs. Sometimes that causes a problem.
Also running central as admin might help.

Good luck!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

gak

01 Jul 2017

This is looking like every other waves not working thread of the last 15 years.

"help"
"works fine here"

:roll:

The one thing I noticed is that you were on the phone with support/remote access. I've been there/done that, but if they couldn't figure it out, I'm not sure what to say. They usually figure it out.

I'll try to rack my brain and remember bumps I've run into, but unfortunately, I'm not using 9.5.

gak

01 Jul 2017

Oh, I had a weird thought that will probably lead to nothing, but you said your other vst's are "free"

You're not trying other brands? At any rate the waves "shell" has bothered quite a few computers in it's time (mac or pc)

prolificprebz

01 Jul 2017

Yeah, they got my computer specs and sent it to their Q&A, but I still haven't heard anything.

Tried deleting my other redistributables like @tiker01 suggested, and found one it couldn't find. Not sure how to delete it either, since I get prompted for the right path when I try to uninstall. So that could be related to the issue. Or the guy from tech support though it _might_ have something to do with my network. Which would be weird, since it's a home network. But he did notice it takes longer than usual with the licenses.

@gak - Yeah, my only other VST's are free, working ones. VST's that don't require any kind of online verification, just an install.
So no, I'm not trying other brands of VST's. And it's not really tempting, seeing how clunky it is compared to RE's =P I just got the Waves ones (€300 worth on sale...), as I have heard great things, as well as I might want to try a different DAW eventually. (Mostly for collabs and mastering. And heavy VST's)

Yeah. It didn't make sense to me at all how it was laid out. I tried copying the DLL's and all, just messing stuff up. But I know it's corretly set up after talking with support. And it did work on my Mac right away.
I guess I'll just have to call them again on Monday :ugeek:

gak

02 Jul 2017

They'll prolly sort it, but the waves "shell" can be picky.

AttenuationHz

02 Jul 2017

Had that waves shell bother with pro tools on demo's there was duplicate waves shell files in system 32 I think deleting one or two fixed that issue with pro tools iirc.

A longshot OP but see if the folder the plugs are in is read only.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

bandcoach

19 Feb 2018

I know this 8 months old, but a quick check and the issue may well be the version of the waves shell - I have 9.6 and not getting any joy. Checked Waves support stuff and 9.6 is not supported by Reason, but 9.92 is

check for yourself at https://www.waves.com/support/tech-spec ... rted-hosts

cheers
bc

• Information