Musiclab Guitar VSTs on sale though July 16th

Discuss VST stuff here!
stfual

26 Jun 2017

Musiclab have their Guitar VSTs on sale until 16th July. Individual VSTs and bundles included.

https://www.musiclab.com/buy.html

Ive used a couple of them in Reason 9.5 and they seem to work OK including the pattern generators *** (see 3rd post below)

The kind of sound you can get is shown here.

Last edited by stfual on 27 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

27 Jun 2017

stfual wrote:
26 Jun 2017
Musiclab have their Guitar VSTs on sale until 16th July. Individual VSTs and bundles included.

https://www.musiclab.com/buy.html

Ive used a couple of them in Reason 9.5 and they seem to work OK including the pattern generators.

The kind of sound you can get is shown here.

Thanks for highlighting this. Wonderful news! 30% off now or hold off for maybe 50% in November. Decisions, decis... fuck it will definitely pick up more of these now, and be glad they're going on sale so soon after VST's being added to Reason. Coincidence? :lol: . I think not! These blow A-List Guitars clean away. RGV looks tasty too.

I did have a couple of crashes of RG3 in the 9.5 beta when I did the following demo, but I've had no problems with it since.

stfual

27 Jun 2017

On further testing have noticed that selecting patterns as input does not seem to work properly. These VSTs seem to work fine as instruments and you can play patterns from an internal or external midi keyboard while not recording. For some reason if patterns are selected it wont recognise back notes from the Reason sequencer track. You can click on the same notes on the left of the sequencer or use the internal Reason keyboard and patterns play fine but put a note in the track and it is silence. I assume this is the same issue that occurs with pattern based VSTs in general.

Will log with Musiclab and Reason suppport.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

27 Jun 2017

stfual wrote:
27 Jun 2017
On further testing have noticed that selecting patterns as input does not seem to work properly. These VSTs seem to work fine as instruments and you can play patterns from an internal or external midi keyboard while not recording. For some reason if patterns are selected it wont recognise back notes from the Reason sequencer track. You can click on the same notes on the left of the sequencer or use the internal Reason keyboard and patterns play fine but put a note in the track and it is silence. I assume this is the same issue that occurs with pattern based VSTs in general.

Will log with Musiclab and Reason suppport.
Funny you mention that, because early in the 9.5 testing I thought I noticed that too, but then I didn't. But there's quite a few options and modes on RG, so perhaps I've simply never got it back into such a setup that error occurred.

Are you saying that the error is in pattern mode but with the pattern also drawn in the sequencer (by drag or double-clicking iirc)? (Adding a pattern to sequencer was a bit strange as I remember it creating about four tracks).

My guess: if the pattern is written to a track, you'd not now want it in pattern mode, as now it's effectively in non-pattern mode, and the pattern is being double-triggered by both internal (RG) and external (Reason) sequencer . The demo above is an internal pattern and I had no issues in recording or playback of the chords. But I would note that there's no real need to put an internal pattern on the sequencer track, unless you want to edit it. The Reason sequencer can just play the note/chords.

I did also have an issue early on with keyswitches written in the sequencer not triggering on playback, but that seemed to have disappeared, though again, maybe it was a specific mode and I've just not been in the right scenario to get the error.

stfual

28 Jun 2017

If i select a pattern in Realguitar, select pattern as input and play C3 I should hear a pattern based on C3.
This works from all internal and external keyboards in Reason . On screen piano keys, note lane and external keyboard all generate patterns correctly.
However if i draw C3 in the midi note lane associated with Real Guitar and hit play nothing happens. This also applies to hitting any keyboard while the Reason transport is running.
The problem appears to be that the Musiclab pattern generator wont run when play/record is enabled. It stutters across the screen but doesnt generate any sound.
Its all works fine when Reason transport is halted. I've tried VST focus but it made no difference.
RealGuitar problem.jpg
RealGuitar problem.jpg (319.35 KiB) Viewed 2675 times

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

30 Jun 2017

stfual wrote:
28 Jun 2017
If i select a pattern in Realguitar, select pattern as input and play C3 I should hear a pattern based on C3.
This works from all internal and external keyboards in Reason . On screen piano keys, note lane and external keyboard all generate patterns correctly.
However if i draw C3 in the midi note lane associated with Real Guitar and hit play nothing happens. This also applies to hitting any keyboard while the Reason transport is running.
The problem appears to be that the Musiclab pattern generator wont run when play/record is enabled. It stutters across the screen but doesnt generate any sound.
Its all works fine when Reason transport is halted. I've tried VST focus but it made no difference.
I don't know.

Not dismissing you having an issue, but I can't replicate the issue here, so I can't confirm it, sorry! Are you on RG3 or RG4? Pattern works for me on RG3 whether via keyboard or manually drawn notes in the sequencer rack with the transport running, and for all five trigger modes too (Solo/Harmony/Chords ... etc). (9.5/Win10Pro).

If you're using RG4 then perhaps the issue is exclusive to that?

(I just compared your screenshot - yes, it's different background guitar image, and you've got the "Humanise" function there too, so sadly this looks like an RG4 issue, which perhaps doesn't bode well for a potential RGV upgrade ... )

stfual

30 Jun 2017

I have the whole set now, all on version 4 and none of them work in pattern mode when the Reason transport is running. They all work ok in FL12. I'll try downloading an earlier version to see if it's my environment but I suspect it may be that the 64 bit version 4s are VST 3. The musiclab website is a bit confusing on this.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

30 Jun 2017

The sys requirements do state VST2/VST3/AAX, so I don't think that should be the issue. In any event, if you installed the VST3 version by mistake it wouldn't show in Reason at all afaik.

But I've just seen there are trial versions, so I'm going to take a look at the current builds of the electrics...

... 45 minutes later ...

Yeah, the patterns indeed are not working on song playback in the v4 versions. :puf_unhappy:

... another 34.5 minutes after that ...

Lack of pattern triggering from the sequencer aside, I'm really impressed with RealRick; I thought I wouldn't like it but I think I prefer it to the RealLPC. I'd likely give RealEight a pass.

But Patterns are pretty fundamental though . This unfortunate bug in the v4's is making me think twice about shelling out for the rest. Grrr. And these were pretty much the only VSTs I was significantly interested in :lol: Foiled again!

stfual

30 Jun 2017

Yeah i just looked in FL12 which has a very nice plugin manager which tells you what is installed and where they are.
I can see that I have installed VSTi 32, 64 and VST3 32,64 of all the Musiclab plugins.
So to be sure im using the VST version in FL12 I disabled the VST3 versions by renaming them.
The Version 4 VST 2 versions work fine with patterns in FL12 64 bit.
So this would still appear to be a problem in Reason even though something may have changed in version 4

dtrain

25 Nov 2017

Any one have a fix for RealEight in Reason 10? I've triple checked that I have the VST2 installed and in the proper place, but it still won't show up in the instruments list (even after uninstall and reinstall). I have an email out to MusicLab, but in the past they've been a bit non-responsive. Any help would be great.

Is any one having luck using RealEight VST2 within Mac OS Reason 10???

stfual

24 Apr 2019

Musiclab pattern generators now work OK in Reason 10.3
Ive tested with Real 8 and RealLPC

Thats a good fix.

Edit -
yeah that was too soon. Reason 10.3 will play Music patterns from internal and external keyboards.
It will loop patterns on record. Meaning i play a pattern and it appears to record and plays back while in record mode.
But it l wont play them every back time. Sometimes times will but sometimes not.
So a lot less broken but still broken.
. .

DNGmaestro
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2019

stfual wrote:
24 Apr 2019
Musiclab pattern generators now work OK in Reason 10.3
Ive tested with Real 8 and RealLPC

Thats a good fix.

Edit -
yeah that was too soon. Reason 10.3 will play Music patterns from internal and external keyboards.
It will loop patterns on record. Meaning i play a pattern and it appears to record and plays back while in record mode.
But it l wont play them every back time. Sometimes times will but sometimes not.
So a lot less broken but still broken.
. .
When i saw this message i fired up reason instantly to try out, just to be completely let down again :(

It doesn't work at all in the sequencer.

stfual

28 Apr 2019

With me it works sometimes in the sequencer. I created a combinator with all of the musiclab range in it and they all patterned for a while then they all didn't suggesting its a common feature.

I suspect there"s a pattern to it like hitting a mute or repeat key is turning it on or off but its eluding me at the moment.
If i felt anyone was listening i,d try and figure out why but last time i reported this Musiclab said they'd reached out to Propellerhead and heard nothing back, I heard nothing back from Propellerhead either.

• Information