waves vocal rider, good but no side chain in reason!

Discuss VST stuff here!
limbophonic

26 Jun 2017

I Just got waves vocal rider, it works , but not fully as intended because it supposed to have an option for music side chain input, but inside reason that option is not there! , or maybe i missing something?
looking at the rear of the plugin the inputs are not active. tried to connect cables to them but no joy,

anyone else using Waves vocal rider?

anyway i sent a report to Propellerheads about this issue,
i hope this will be fixed in an update.

Hauser+Quaid

26 Jun 2017

None of the Waves plugins I've tried are sidechainable. Disappointing because I like using H-Comp for side chain bass duties. But I guess something in the way they're coded makes them unable to accept audio input.

davidvilla

26 Jun 2017

You should tell Waves because,

from Waves:

"Sidechaining is supported on the following hosts: Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Nuendo, Cubase, Sonar, Audition, Ableton Live, FL Studio 12, REAPER and Studio One."

limbophonic

27 Jun 2017

ok, so it's not just me, so i have just sent this issue to Waves support.

i was trying to think of a work around, i would have to manually ride the reason vocal fader as the music gets louder, of course record fader moves? and let waves vocal rider take care of the detailed moves,

Update: apparently the Waves plugins that have sidechain option are vst3 and Reason 9.5 only supports vst2.4

Hauser+Quaid

27 Jun 2017

limbophonic wrote:
27 Jun 2017
ok, so it's not just me, so i have just sent this issue to Waves support.

i was trying to think of a work around, i would have to manually ride the reason vocal fader as the music gets louder, of course record fader moves? and let waves vocal rider take care of the detailed moves,

Update: apparently the Waves plugins that have sidechain option are vst3 and Reason 9.5 only supports vst2.4
That's what I figured, or something like that anyway. I got a bunch of other options for my uses (I don't use Vocal Rider, but thanks for the heads up, now I definitely won't) so it didn't bother me. It's a shame, but hey. Good luck figuring out a workaround!

davidvilla

27 Jun 2017

Sweet, it works using Blue Cat's Patchwork.

limbophonic

28 Jun 2017

ok waves were not much help, they just told me all the DAW's that support side chain with vocal rider, Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Nuendo, Cubase, Sonar, Audition, Ableton Live, FL Studio 12, REAPER and Studio One. so that's pretty much all Daw's except Reason 9.5!:(

Marco Raaphorst

28 Jun 2017

Yes bummer indeed!

stfual

29 Jun 2017

I don't think this is a VST 2/3 thing. The problem I see is that there is no way in the current Reason VST implementation to assign a second audio input required for things like vocoder or sidechain. What is needed is are some extra audio inputs on the back of the Reason VST wrapper that can be assigned in a similar way that CV inputs can be assigned to the devices Midi parameters. Future release perhaps.

ljekio

30 Jun 2017

You can make self vocal rider on the base free vst Proximity
http://www.tokyodawn.net/proximity/
Negative control signal from source (or sidechain) as example from compressor's gain reduction CV socket must control main fader of that plug-in. Almost vocal rider :)
The problem I see is that there is no way in the current Reason VST implementation to assign a second audio input required for things like vocoder or sidechain.
No, is there enough inputs and all of vst having sidechain possible use it.
I guess waves have sidechain on vst3 format wrapper version.

• Information