Waves SSL-E $29

Discuss VST stuff here!
Ahornberg

26 Jun 2017

amcjen wrote:
26 Jun 2017
I bought this and did a quick a/b on headphones and had a really hard time hearing any difference with everything bypassed and only using the analog switch, compared to a Reason mix channel.

I'm going to try again on better material and proper monitors. But first glance, it's pretty close to what we already have in Reason.
Try comparing EQ and compressor ...

Hauser+Quaid

26 Jun 2017

I prefer it to Reason's channel, especially the EQ. But it's not such a big difference that I won't use the Reason channel most of the time out of convenience.

At $29 it's an absolute steal though. I paid way more than that a few years ago even though the whole bundle was on sale. Waves are doing a summer blowout right now and it's really hard to keep my wallet closed.

clone

26 Jun 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:
26 Jun 2017
Galaxy wrote:
26 Jun 2017

Thanks gak. This is the one thing that makes me hesitate to buy anything from waves. Let's say I buy this EQ. 29 bucks then sometime down the road I might have to pay into an update plan just for one plugin if and when an OS update creates compatibility issue for the version I bought.

Also looking at differences and benefits to having this in Reason. Is the sound that different from Reason's SSL? There are a few feature differences like analog switch, split filter, maybe something else?
I have many waves plugins and have never needed an update yet. It's been two years since I bought the gold bundle.

That's good to hear, I just bought Gold Bundle, right before the release of 9.5.

Galaxy

26 Jun 2017

davidvilla wrote:
21 Jun 2017
I've taken advantage of a lot of these crazy Waves sales lately and I have this bad feeling they're going to screw us later.

BY THE WAY:

use code DK39S at audio deluxe and get this for $21.90.

ABSOLUTE 100% NO BRAINER
Did you buy anything waves from audio deluxe? How long does it take to get the license sent?

amcjen

26 Jun 2017

Galaxy wrote:
davidvilla wrote:
21 Jun 2017
I've taken advantage of a lot of these crazy Waves sales lately and I have this bad feeling they're going to screw us later.

BY THE WAY:

ABSOLUTE 100% NO BRAINER
Did you buy anything waves from audio deluxe? How long does it take to get the license sent?
I bought it through them. They emailed the license number just a few minutes later.

Goriila Texas

27 Jun 2017

Galaxy wrote:
26 Jun 2017
davidvilla wrote:
21 Jun 2017

BY THE WAY:

ABSOLUTE 100% NO BRAINER
That's the reason I didn't buy from them when I pay I want the plugin now. Not sweating a $9 savings.

Galaxy

27 Jun 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:
27 Jun 2017
Galaxy wrote:
26 Jun 2017

That's the reason I didn't buy from them when I pay I want the plugin now. Not sweating a $9 savings.
So you'd recommend to buy from waves directly? Still on the fence about the wup. Tho, some of these deals look really tempting.

Goriila Texas

27 Jun 2017

Galaxy wrote:
27 Jun 2017
Goriila Texas wrote:
27 Jun 2017

So you'd recommend to buy from waves directly? Still on the fence about the wup. Tho, some of these deals look really tempting.
Yeah if $9 doesn't hurt you pockets and if you don't want to wait. I have no complaints about doing business with Waves.

• Information