No Scrollbars on VST Instruments

Discuss VST stuff here!
Namyo85

20 Jun 2017

Some of the vst's I'm testing are bigger than the monitor I'm using and even my laptop screen. As a result the bottom part of the vst is missing and I can't scroll down as there are no scroll bars and no other way to navigate to the hidden area. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else report this problem yet. I'm even more surprised at this oversight.

Hope this can be fixed soon.

etyrnal

20 Jun 2017

It's part of the territory of incorporating vsts into the Reason ecosystem. Propellerhead doesn't have any control over how the vst producer creates its display. REs have to behave in a way that propellerhead controls. VSTs control their own interface (inefficient).

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

jonheal

20 Jun 2017

I'm curious as to how such a large VST would have fit on you screen in any case?
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

joel

08 Jul 2017

Namyo85 wrote:
20 Jun 2017
Some of the vst's I'm testing are bigger than the monitor I'm using and even my laptop screen. As a result the bottom part of the vst is missing and I can't scroll down as there are no scroll bars and no other way to navigate to the hidden area. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else report this problem yet. I'm even more surprised at this oversight.

i have the same problem in cubase, my macbook is 13 pouces

joel

10 Jul 2017

joel wrote:
08 Jul 2017
Namyo85 wrote:
20 Jun 2017

i have the same problem in cubase, my macbook is 13 pouces
my mac book pro is a no retina screen ,so the maximum résolution is 1280 X800
i need more to see all the vst like predator 2 or serum
it's possible to get 1920 x 1080 via air play /apple tv but the vst display are too small
i found the solution by download switchresX:
it's allows me to use many others résolutions
and the 1440 x900 is perfect for my vst
i can see all the botton or my vst

jonheal

10 Jul 2017

A good solution, Joel.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Namyo85

26 Aug 2017

I have to scale down the resolution on my monitor in order to get all of the vst showing also. The problem is everything is tiny, I need a magnifying glass to see anything.

mojo

30 Aug 2017

Same problem here with geist 2. I have a 17 inch laptop and I can't see the bottom of the ui. In standalone mode you can resize it but not when opened in reason. I also tried geist 1 which don't take much screen space and is not resizable and it fits on my screen.

chk071

30 Aug 2017

I don't think the problem is the implementation. In VST only hosts, there is the same issue. Unless the VST's author inteded the interface to scroll, there is no way to change this, i believe. Many VST's come with a sizable interface these days though, simply because the desktop standard is 1920x1080 now, and there's still laptops which either have a lower resolution, or much higher resolutions. And, of course, there's 4K now too.
:reason: :rebirth:

• Information