Slate Everything Bundle - all their plugins for 14.99 a month

Discuss VST stuff here!
ravisoni

14 Jun 2017

Thought I saw a thread about this here but can't find it.

Popped up on my fb feed: http://slatedigital.com/everything-bund ... oCkpnw_wcB

All their plugins plus any new ones they add. Wasn't expecting something like this, and definitely not at such an affordable price.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

spikey

14 Jun 2017

I don't care for rental software even if I don't really ever own it. For my tastes, I'd rather pay a single price once. :thumbs_down:

Kalm

14 Jun 2017

This is only beneficial to me if you have no plugins or make enough money through your audio advances and write it off as a fee. I don't want to spend out 15 dollars a month just to use the plugins cause after 2 years, I may only be using one plugin really from their sweet but thats $360. Whereas I can buy it outright and have it forever.

For the amateur engineer or somebody in need of plugins of caliber though, this could be the best thing for them. in the same way Waves markdown their Gold Bundle for cheap.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

jonheal

14 Jun 2017

Like Softube for Modular, I believe Slate is on the Gobbler platform for license control of this subscription product. I know nothing about the overall stability and quality of Gobbler, other than the installer is 178MB, about the same size as Reason's installer! Does this mean anything? Maybe not, although I am pretty sure there is a whole lot more functionality in Reason's 178MB than the Gobbler client. By contrast, Native Instruments Native Access installer, which is perhaps a roughly comparable application, clocks in at about 50MB. I also found the Gobbler website kind of obtuse.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

selig
RE Developer

14 Jun 2017

It appears to be $25 for "month to month". The $15/mo figure is called "Annual Paid Monthly", which I assume to mean you are committed to a one year 'contract' of some sort (the site isn't 100% clear IMO). Or you can pay $180 per year up front which is a lot cheeper than the $300/yr "month to month" but is the same as paying $15/mo so I'm not sure why they have both options?

It's nice to have options, but I'm in agreement with most everyone else that I'd rather just pay for something and not have to think about it again. I can't imagine doing this with multiple plugin venders - I have enough monthly bills to keep track of and remember to pay as it is… ;)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

scratchnsnifff

14 Jun 2017

I see way too many commercials about this "for the price of a cup of coffee" haha It might be worth it in the sense of getting functionality but I would only do it if I thought I was going to outright buy each vst I guess I'm use to the RE platform but I do like owning my gear. A neat idea for people starting out though!
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

scratchnsnifff

14 Jun 2017

selig wrote:It appears to be $25 for "month to month". The $15/mo figure is called "Annual Paid Monthly", which I assume to mean you are committed to a one year 'contract' of some sort (the site isn't 100% clear IMO). Or you can pay $180 per year up front which is a lot cheeper than the $300/yr "month to month" but is the same as paying $15/mo so I'm not sure why they have both options?

It's nice to have options, but I'm in agreement with most everyone else that I'd rather just pay for something and not have to think about it again. I can't imagine doing this with multiple plugin venders - I have enough monthly bills to keep track of and remember to pay as it is… ;)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
I'm with you on that haha, I'd probably end up having to take out the amount of a car loan or two just to afford my plugin habit
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

jonheal

14 Jun 2017

I thought the subscription model would kill Adobe. It didn't. People subscribe to their bloat just the same.

CephaloPod

14 Jun 2017

I think if I had a pro studio, you know, that actually made some money, I would prefer this kind of arrangement. You have a fixed cost spread out evenly over time. Makes your budget that much easier.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

aeox
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2017

CephaloPod wrote:I think if I had a pro studio, you know, that actually made some money, I would prefer this kind of arrangement. You have a fixed cost spread out evenly over time. Makes your budget that much easier.
if a pro studio is one that makes money, you could potentially get by with a PC and some headphones. that's all i've got.

still though, i hate monthly payments unless its to pay something off eventually. unless it's Netflix, they've got me by the balls.

jonheal

14 Jun 2017

aeox wrote:
CephaloPod wrote:I think if I had a pro studio, you know, that actually made some money, I would prefer this kind of arrangement. You have a fixed cost spread out evenly over time. Makes your budget that much easier.
if a pro studio is one that makes money, you could potentially get by with a PC and some headphones. that's all i've got.

still though, i hate monthly payments unless its to pay something off eventually. unless it's Netflix, they've got me by the balls.
... and Amazon Prime. Dammit.

Jmax

14 Jun 2017

Lets not forget you also need to purchase an iLok, so add that on to the costs of the subscription. There's a reason companies do the subscription model. So you don't buy once and walk away. They want to suck you for as much money as they can, for as long as they can.

Personally, I don't like the Slate stuff all that much. I have used it in the past with a friend. It's very well designed and pretty I'll say that. There are just so many other options out there.

gak

15 Jun 2017

I don't understand. Is it 15 usd a month, or not?

gak

15 Jun 2017

Jmax wrote:Lets not forget you also need to purchase an iLok, so add that on to the costs of the subscription. There's a reason companies do the subscription model. So you don't buy once and walk away. They want to suck you for as much money as they can, for as long as they can.

Personally, I don't like the Slate stuff all that much. I have used it in the past with a friend. It's very well designed and pretty I'll say that. There are just so many other options out there.
I dare ANYONE to come up with a better option than VMR/VCC. No, I'm not talking about lip-service, but how they work vs "whatever"

Dare you.

I did the pepsi challenge a long time ago. It was the most intuitive, best sounding of the bunch. In fact, I broke my promise and went ilok2 because of this. Glad I did. Absolutely terrific.

Mysterygrimms

15 Jun 2017

gak wrote:
Jmax wrote:Lets not forget you also need to purchase an iLok, so add that on to the costs of the subscription. There's a reason companies do the subscription model. So you don't buy once and walk away. They want to suck you for as much money as they can, for as long as they can.

I dare ANYONE to come up with a better option than VMR/VCC. No, I'm not talking about lip-service, but how they work vs "whatever"

Dare you.

I did the pepsi challenge a long time ago. It was the most intuitive, best sounding of the bunch. In fact, I broke my promise and went ilok2 because of this. Glad I did. Absolutely terrific.
Nebula. Any third party libraries by Henry Olonga, Tim Petrick, Alex B, CDSoundMaster, Analog In The Box and the list goes on. I have Slate by the way, and love VCC and VTM but nothing compares to Nebula.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

gak

17 Jun 2017

Nebula? From what I understand it's a hog, it's not necessarily bug-free, and I don't hear the pros talking about it much.

No, don't get me wrong, I'm not only interested in "pros" , but I never come across people going "whoa, this is the thing to get"

Anyways, glad it works for you, but I love me some slate.

• Information