Softube Modular in Reason

Discuss VST stuff here!
jonheal

12 Jun 2017

Anyone used Softube Modular within Reason? I've read that the product is quite CPU-intensive. I'm wondering how it performs in Reason.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

jonheal

12 Jun 2017

I have talked myself out of even trying it. iLok. Even a virtual version — yuck. Plus you must activate Modular with a bloated Gobbler client, which I would also rather not install.

Libraquaricorn

12 Jun 2017

Two words: Reaktor Blocks

jonheal

12 Jun 2017

Libraquaricorn wrote:Two words: Reaktor Blocks
Got it. :)

MannequinRaces

13 Jun 2017

Here's another vote for the Reaktor route. The User Library contributions for Blocks is insane. I haven't gone through them all but there's some nice stuff in there. After all, it's added value for free on top of what Reaktor already comes with (which is a lot)!

Faastwalker

13 Jun 2017

I like the look of Modular. I don't like the sound of the iLok thing though. So antiquated. I wonder if it will show up in the Prop Shop?

Faastwalker

15 Jun 2017

....... some nice new modules have recently appeared for Modular;

https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=tsar1
https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=4ms_smr

Softube are also currently having a sale. Tempting;

https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=modular

geronimo

15 Jun 2017

jonheal wrote:Anyone used Softube Modular within Reason? I've read that the product is quite CPU-intensive.
I confirm this _

BRIGGS

16 Jun 2017

Reaktor...FTW!!!
r11s

Jon Johnson

16 Jun 2017

A moderate patch in Modular will add 3-4 bars to the DSP workload. This on a PC with 32GB of RAM and AMD FX - 8320 3.5GHz CPU.
Reason PC, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5, AMD FX 8320 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM, RME Digiface+ 3xAD8200, 3xArturia Origin, Virus TI, C15, 16 DSP Scope system, Novation KS Rack and bits of Eurorack :ugeek:

sdst
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2017

you can do modular things in Reason with some RE at the level of reaktor blocks

You must know how to use CV in depth

Softube Modular Is not at that level

jonheal

16 Jun 2017

MannequinRaces wrote:Here's another vote for the Reaktor route. The User Library contributions for Blocks is insane. I haven't gone through them all but there's some nice stuff in there. After all, it's added value for free on top of what Reaktor already comes with (which is a lot)!
I downloaded a couple of items from Marius H. A nice analog style sequencer and a pitch shifter along the lines of Echobode. Took me a while to figure out where I was supposed to save them ...

kungubu

16 Jun 2017

jonheal wrote:
MannequinRaces wrote:Here's another vote for the Reaktor route. The User Library contributions for Blocks is insane. I haven't gone through them all but there's some nice stuff in there. After all, it's added value for free on top of what Reaktor already comes with (which is a lot)!
I downloaded a couple of items from Marius H. A nice analog style sequencer and a pitch shifter along the lines of Echobode. Took me a while to figure out where I was supposed to save them ...
You should really check out Michael Hetricks "Euroreakt" blocks. There are some really useful tools in there to expand the native blocks, apart from some good oscillators and other blocks that I tend to use all the time... Though I still prefer Echobode to all the pitch shifters i n Reaktor.

jonheal

16 Jun 2017

kungubu wrote:
jonheal wrote:
You should really check out Michael Hetricks "Euroreakt" blocks. There are some really useful tools in there to expand the native blocks, apart from some good oscillators and other blocks that I tend to use all the time... Though I still prefer Echobode to all the pitch shifters i n Reaktor.
I saw those and will download them.

For the random noise maker/pretend euroracker such as myself, there are FAR TOO MANY options especially now that you can pull Reaktor into Reason. Hmm ... which of these 900 filters should I use ... :puf_bigsmile:

I am actually GLAD I will not be adding Softube Modular to the mix!

• Information