VST Free Zone

Discuss VST stuff here!
ThisIsNotTheMusic

11 Jun 2017

So, after the initial VST inspired excitement I went ahead an downloaded a bunch that were recommended on here and elsewhere (I did some research, but apparently not enough). Fun to play with, sure. But, and this is the killer - if I integrate ANY of them in a 20 track 'Default Template' on working on, I end up with crackles and stutters intermittently to the point that I can't do any more work. As Reason users you'd all be familiar with CPU overload, but I don't believe that is it. I replaced the VST's with Re effects and problem resolved. This is (more than) a bit of a shame. I'll steer clear of free VST's period from now. Do I have any confidence in paid VST's? Not really. Any suggestions as to what might be the problem - even if I 'think' it's not the problem, would be much appreciated. Please, Reasonistas' restore my faith in VST plugins ...

Plugins removed: ValhallaFreqEcho, TokyoDawn TDR Nova, TAL Chorus 60, Mercuriall TSC1.1. No VST plugins were harmed during the making of this track.

Thanks. :(
https://soundcloud.com/hissotheusic

In space, no one can hear your song ....

Galaxy

11 Jun 2017

Yeah I noticed some weird bahvior when using some VSTs. Not like high DSP crackles, but like drop outs and mechanical signal interruption. Kinda like a bad cable being moved around. Scratchy fuzziness.

aeox
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2017

i've got no problems with any VST so far aside from a few crashes in Beta.

ThisIsNotTheMusic

11 Jun 2017

Galaxy wrote:Yeah I noticed some weird bahvior when using some VSTs. Not like high DSP crackles, but like drop outs and mechanical signal interruption. Kinda like a bad cable being moved around. Scratchy fuzziness.
Yeah that is exactly how I'd describe it, except it interrupts the signal so badly it becomes unintelligible. :thumbs_down:
https://soundcloud.com/hissotheusic

In space, no one can hear your song ....

Galaxy

11 Jun 2017

ThisIsNotTheMusic wrote:
Galaxy wrote:Yeah I noticed some weird bahvior when using some VSTs. Not like high DSP crackles, but like drop outs and mechanical signal interruption. Kinda like a bad cable being moved around. Scratchy fuzziness.
Yeah that is exactly how I'd describe it, except it interrupts the signal so badly it becomes unintelligible. :thumbs_down:
Yeah, but not sure it's Props fault, free can equal dodgy. I've had a TDR plugin crash Logic too.

By the way, I have a thread to report "visual skinny" plugins and how they look in the pop up window. If you find any, please report them so Props can make the pop up window look better for these plugins.

scratchnsnifff

13 Jun 2017

Hate to admit it, but serum makes my Mac a case of the crackles. Not much CPU usage though haha I guess us reason users can say there is a "VST sound" :p but I don't want to start WW3
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information