Waves abbey road collection - worth it for 199$? Your experience vs. free vsts and Reason.

Discuss VST stuff here!
mtbh

09 Jun 2017

Hi guys.

I have a voucher, so I can get it for 199$ and I have downloaded the demo. It seems a little overwhelming to try out everything but I will of course, try as much as I can. That being said, I feel the real appreciation comes from using something over a longer period of time.

There is of course, alternatives in form of other (some free) VST's and Reason now have a convolution reverb, so many opportunities there.

I have the RPverb, Uhe-reverb, the The McDSP C670, the Cakewalk RE-21, Kuasse MP5 + AT4, Softtube Trident + FET. So I am already, in pretty good shape but I am tempted and on the fence about the Abbey Road Collection.

I can see some unique things in the Abbey road (tape + vinyl emu. + nice plate emulation). There are also the consoles and the comps - these are cool but I feel I have cool comps and eq's already.

So, what to do? Any word of advice would be appreciated.

http://www.waves.com/bundles/abbey-road ... collection

Djstarski

09 Jun 2017

mtbh wrote:Hi guys.

I have a voucher, so I can get it for 199$ and I have downloaded the demo. It seems a little overwhelming to try out everything but I will of course, try as much as I can. That being said, I feel the real appreciation comes from using something over a longer period of time.

There is of course, alternatives in form of other (some free) VST's and Reason now have a convolution reverb, so many opportunities there.

I have the RPverb, Uhe-reverb, the The McDSP C670, the Cakewalk RE-21, Kuasse MP5 + AT4, Softtube Trident + FET. So I am already, in pretty good shape but I am tempted and on the fence about the Abbey Road Collection.

I can see some unique things in the Abbey road (tape + vinyl emu. + nice plate emulation). There are also the consoles and the comps - these are cool but I feel I have cool comps and eq's already.

So, what to do? Any word of advice would be appreciated.

http://www.waves.com/bundles/abbey-road ... collection
The way i try to look at it is only download the plugins and Re`s i need . The moment i have a problem achieving my goal with the stuff that i have , then it will be a good time to shop for something that can help me achieve my goal . hope this helps

mtbh

11 Jun 2017

The way i try to look at it is only download the plugins and Re`s i need . The moment i have a problem achieving my goal with the stuff that i have , then it will be a good time to shop for something that can help me achieve my goal . hope this helps
That makes totally sense. I just noticed, after VST was introduced, that I become a "collector" of sorts. I have to deal with that!

What I like in the abbey road is the plate so I might just get that or try and se, if I can't do the same with the convolutions we already have for RV7000.

I am trying TB_reelbus instead of the tape in waves.

The waves thing is nice but I am trying to figure out if it is just the "I must make a deal on my vouchers" kind of thing or if it is really necessary. And parting with 200 $ is perhaps not a deal after all.. haha .. Cheap for the plugins, considering the work making them, yes, and I certainly don't mind paying for things. But I have to try and stop myself sometimes! :lol:

Thanks for the advice :thumbs_up:

• Information