Tube Saturator Vintage - Free

Discuss VST stuff here!
User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2849
Joined: 23 Feb 2017

Post 09 Jun 2017

Image

http://wavearts.com/products/plugins/tu ... r-vintage/

"Tube Saturator Vintage is a free reissue of the original Tube Saturator. It uses circuit simulation technology to faithfully reproduce the sound of a dual triode preamp. While it sounds great, the circuit simulation technology is very CPU intensive, that’s why we developed its successor, Tube Saturator 2. Tube Saturator 2 is vastly more efficient, nearly identical in simulation accuracy, and adds other features. However, some users prefer the sound of the original and request it, hence we have released it as a free plug.

Here’s the original Tube Saturator description:

Tube Saturator is the world’s most accurate real time tube amp plug-in. Unlike other tube simulators, which use radically simplified models, Tube Saturator uses state of the art circuit simulation technology to capture every nuance of an analog circuit. With circuit simulation, the analog schematic (consisting of the individual resistors, capacitors, tubes, and so on) completely defines the signal processing. The schematic is converted into a system of non-linear differential equations which is solved at each sampling period, in realtime. That’s mathematical talk for “it sounds exactly like the analog circuit”.

Tube Saturator is in fact a basic circuit consisting of a Baxandall type three-band EQ feeding two 12AX7 triode preamp stages, similar to preamp stages you’d find in a guitar or high fidelity amp, and hence you can get the same distortion and tonal characteristics that you’d get from saturating a real tube preamp. The circuit simulation technology is extremely CPU intensive and a fast computer is recommended to run the plug-in.

Increasing the Drive control increases the (digital) input gain while decreasing the (digital) output gain, so you can easily adjust distortion levels. The FAT switch changes the bias circuit of the first preamp stage to increase gain and saturation.

Use Tube Saturator to add a bit of analog warmth to recordings, or increase the drive for some distortion. You can use it as a saturating peak limiter too."
Last edited by aeox on 09 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Galaxy
Posts: 282
Joined: 27 Oct 2016

Post 09 Jun 2017


MDTerps2015
Posts: 413
Joined: 25 Jan 2015

Post 09 Jun 2017

I downloaded this and it sounds great. All you have to do is drop it in a mix though and get at least a one bar hit on DSP. Im keeping it either way because I guess I could always bounce to lessen the hit but damn.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2849
Joined: 23 Feb 2017

Post 09 Jun 2017

oh yea.. lazy me..

Galaxy
Posts: 282
Joined: 27 Oct 2016

Post 09 Jun 2017

aeox wrote:
oh yea.. lazy me..
Just installed this. The previous user is right, it is heavy on DSP. What's the deal with the serial. No registration on their site? Just enter your info on the pop up window and it's registered?

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2849
Joined: 23 Feb 2017

Post 09 Jun 2017

Galaxy wrote:
aeox wrote:
oh yea.. lazy me..
Just installed this. The previous user is right, it is heavy on DSP. What's the deal with the serial. No registration on their site? Just enter your info on the pop up window and it's registered?
in the description is says the high DSP is why they made it a free release.

did you have any issues with the registration? i had to copy the info from the plugin and enter into the website which gave me a download to the reg file.

User avatar
jonheal
Posts: 1213
Joined: 29 Jan 2015
Location: Springfield, VA, USA

Post 09 Jun 2017

One lousy stinkin' tube. I want more tubes!!
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Galaxy
Posts: 282
Joined: 27 Oct 2016

Post 09 Jun 2017

aeox wrote:
Galaxy wrote:
aeox wrote:
oh yea.. lazy me..
Just installed this. The previous user is right, it is heavy on DSP. What's the deal with the serial. No registration on their site? Just enter your info on the pop up window and it's registered?
in the description is says the high DSP is why they made it a free release.

did you have any issues with the registration? i had to copy the info from the plugin and enter into the website which gave me a download to the reg file.
I couldn't register on the site, my machine ID is not visable in the about menu. The authorization seemed to be taken care of in the actual plugin. Just enter my name and email, and that was it. Did I miss something?

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2849
Joined: 23 Feb 2017

Post 09 Jun 2017

Galaxy wrote:
aeox wrote:
Galaxy wrote:
aeox wrote:
oh yea.. lazy me..
Just installed this. The previous user is right, it is heavy on DSP. What's the deal with the serial. No registration on their site? Just enter your info on the pop up window and it's registered?
in the description is says the high DSP is why they made it a free release.

did you have any issues with the registration? i had to copy the info from the plugin and enter into the website which gave me a download to the reg file.
I couldn't register on the site, my machine ID is not visable in the about menu. The authorization seemed to be taken care of in the actual plugin. Just enter my name and email, and that was it. Did I miss something?
it worked out differently for me, but as long as it works!

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests