Studiomux

Discuss VST stuff here!
cheokeh3

08 Jun 2017

Anyone else using Studiomux?
I have managed to run audio from iPad apps into Reason using VST and can record this input no problem. I can't however work out how to send midi out to IPad to control all my IOS apps. Anyone know how this is done?

http://midimux.com

stream audio, midi & osc from your iOS Apps to your Mac & Windows Pc and vice versa
contains all functionality of midimux
Audiobus,IAA and AU3 integration enables the use of countless iOS music Apps in your studio environment
connect multiple iOS devices to your Mac and PC via AudioUnit, VST or AudioDevice (Mac OSX 10.8+)
use up to 8 channels per device
Full scale mixer to level your mix before you send it to the computer.
low cpu usage – so you can keep using all your apps
very low latency via USB
save and load current states of the App
send MIDI via VST (available for Apps like Animoog and many more)
Support for Mac 10.7+ / Windows 7+ (req. iTunes)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 19.38.08.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 19.38.08.png (227.83 KiB) Viewed 5971 times

tiker01

08 Jun 2017

AFAIR you can use the EMI (External MIDI instrument) in Reason. You have to select the MIDI port you set on the MAC to communicate with Studiomux. I am on Windows so I need extra MIDI routing.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

selig
RE Developer

08 Jun 2017

Glad to hear the audio parts are working - I think I'll check this out for sure, thanks for the heads up.
Hope the MIDI part is up and running for you soon!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

cheokeh3

08 Jun 2017

Ok after a few hours of pulling my hair out I have now got audio in from iPad into Reasons VST and have now managed to Midi out to iPad apps. So far I am only experimenting with "Soundscaper" IOS app running through Studiomux and it works ok, BPM from Reason is being sent.
Not tried the Midi device yet in Reason but thanks for the heads up......using Studiomux opens up so many other possibilities utilising IOS apps within reason. Anyone else yet tried it or got any results to report on?

cheokeh3

08 Jun 2017

Screenshot of Soundscaper running through VST
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 21.51.40.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 21.51.40.png (315.41 KiB) Viewed 5952 times

selig
RE Developer

08 Jun 2017

cheokeh3 wrote:Ok after a few hours of pulling my hair out I have now got audio in from iPad into Reasons VST and have now managed to Midi out to iPad apps. So far I am only experimenting with "Soundscaper" IOS app running through Studiomux and it works ok, BPM from Reason is being sent.
Not tried the Midi device yet in Reason but thanks for the heads up......using Studiomux opens up so many other possibilities utilising IOS apps within reason. Anyone else yet tried it or got any results to report on?
Not yet, but thanks to you I'm dying to try this. I'll give it a shot next week when I have more time - will report back here once I get to check it out for sure!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

tiker01

08 Jun 2017

Don`t forget that Reason and studiomux both have Ableton Link in them and perhaps one could even play with the new PDC to get a good alignment of played back/recorded audio.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

cheokeh3

08 Jun 2017

Managed to now run several IOS devices through Studiomux successfully in Reason VST and controling with midi out of Reason.......Next testing o be done is sending Midi notes to IOS devices......anyone else getting results?

Other good thing to not is no loading on DSP in Reason at all...

cheokeh3

08 Jun 2017

tiker01 wrote:AFAIR you can use the EMI (External MIDI instrument) in Reason. You have to select the MIDI port you set on the MAC to communicate with Studiomux. I am on Windows so I need extra MIDI routing.
Happy to report that indeed MIDI instrument does work and I am now sending Midi notes to Arturia iMini IOS app and porting audio back in.......will keep on experimenting and if anyone else can report their findings here.

What opportunities does this open up? Being able to control IOS Instruments and effects with Reason devices and Rack extensions...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 23.32.14.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 23.32.14.png (606.48 KiB) Viewed 5931 times

cheokeh3

08 Jun 2017

Now sent an LFO from Pulsar to a combinator and assigned it to Reasons Midi Instrument CC control, this is then assigned to the Arturia iMini cutoff frequency on its filter section. THE LFO FROM REASON IS HAPPILY ROTATING THE FILTER OF THE iMINI ON MY IPAD! How cool is that?
Also for everyones information Reasons Player devices are also playing IOS devices on the iPAD via Studiomux. I have just been playing chords and Arps on the iPad.....
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 23.44.46.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 23.44.46.png (720.95 KiB) Viewed 5927 times

WillyOD

08 Jun 2017

I jumped on this (also had to get Audiobus) but I didn't have time to properly test it. I'm on Windows 10.

(It's 3am now, time for some hockey, but I'll try to get this working tomorrow and I'll report back in. Until then, go Nashville!)
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

cheokeh3

08 Jun 2017

There are further options with Audiobus integration but you can control and stream all your IOS apps directly into Reason with Studiomux alone.....

selig
RE Developer

08 Jun 2017

WillyOD wrote:I jumped on this (also had to get Audiobus) but I didn't have time to properly test it. I'm on Windows 10.

(It's 3am now, time for some hockey, but I'll try to get this working tomorrow and I'll report back in. Until then, go Nashville!)
WooHoo, go Preds!!!

Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled thread…

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

WillyOD

09 Jun 2017

[OT: The best thing about the game last night, I could stop watching halfway and go to bed ;)]

I'm reporting in, everything about Studiomux "seems" to be working but I have no devices or channels listed in Studiomux VST plugin dropdown menus (No Device Connected & Connect Device First).

I've tried everything I can think of except reinstalling iTunes etc. (from Studiomux) manual which seems a bit overkill, but I guess I have no other choice.

cheokeh3

09 Jun 2017

WillyOD wrote:[OT: The best thing about the game last night, I could stop watching halfway and go to bed ;)]

I'm reporting in, everything about Studiomux "seems" to be working but I have no devices or channels listed in Studiomux VST plugin dropdown menus (No Device Connected & Connect Device First).

I've tried everything I can think of except reinstalling iTunes etc. (from Studiomux) manual which seems a bit overkill, but I guess I have no other choice.
No need to consider iTunes, nothing to do with what we are doing here. Firstly are you on Mac or Windows?
If you are in Mac you need to go into your audio:midi setup and select your iOS device and make sure it is active and connected. Once you have don't this you can open up your studiomux vst and select your iPad or iPhone as it will be listed now. Once you have don't this any IOS app inserted into Studiomux will appear, and away you go. True IOS integration and control via Reason......

WillyOD

09 Jun 2017

Yeah I'm on Windows. I was overthinking; I guess one of my ports wasn't USB 3.0 since switching to another USB port helped.

I can now see the devices listed in the VST plugins and iPad/Audiobus audio is coming out of my speakers! Yay.

Next step: learn the basics of Studiomux.

randy.andrade

09 Jun 2017

All of y'all are overthinking this WAY too much. You're a Mac user, right? So open up the "Audio MIDI Setup" app from the default "Other" folder in your launchpad. Configure either a bluetooth, or a Network Session connection between your Mac & iPad. That will handle your MIDI. Connect iPad with USB --> Lightning cable. Now open up the Audio configuration in the same app. Click "Enable" next to the iPad name listed in the devices. You'll then be able to route the audio from the iPad as a stereo audio input into Reason. Route the input audio to a Mixer channel, and you can process it just like any other track in Reason, complete with insert fx, dynamics shaping, EQ, Aux Outs, etc.

cheokeh3

09 Jun 2017

That's exactly what I was doing all via Studiomux. There is quite a lot more advantages to using Studiomux than just a basic midi/audio you have described. Perhaps test it out and you may move on from old methods. As for over thinking, its overthinking that progresses technology and techniques, otherwise we would all be stuck in the past...

Crafty757

07 Aug 2017

cheokeh3 wrote:
08 Jun 2017
Anyone else using Studiomux?
I have managed to run audio from iPad apps into Reason using VST and can record this input no problem. I can't however work out how to send midi out to IPad to control all my IOS apps. Anyone know how this is done?

http://midimux.com

stream audio, midi & osc from your iOS Apps to your Mac & Windows Pc and vice versa
contains all functionality of midimux
Audiobus,IAA and AU3 integration enables the use of countless iOS music Apps in your studio environment
connect multiple iOS devices to your Mac and PC via AudioUnit, VST or AudioDevice (Mac OSX 10.8+)
use up to 8 channels per device
Full scale mixer to level your mix before you send it to the computer.
low cpu usage – so you can keep using all your apps
very low latency via USB
save and load current states of the App
send MIDI via VST (available for Apps like Animoog and many more)
Support for Mac 10.7+ / Windows 7+ (req. iTunes)
Strangely enough, I have the opposite problem. The audio is the one thing I can't get to work. I can hear it through the Studiomux VST in Reason, but I cannot record the Audio Input into it. I really want to be able to use my Moog Model 15 app sounds in Reason. Please Help. I'm on a Mac with OS X 10.8.5 and iOS 10.2.

kuhliloach

14 Sep 2017

Studiomux + Reason 9.5 is a dream come true! Don't forget to click the little REC SOURCE button on your instance of Studiomux (on it's mixer channel). Then if you create a new audio track Studiomux will be available as an input source. I had 4 iOS synths running in a single project yesterday, all triggered via MIDI from Reason. I chose 4 that happen to also support IAA MIDI (iMini, Sunrizer, iProphet, and FM4). I recorded all 4 simultaneously into the 4 Reason tracks, then ran some effects.

BananaSkins

23 Oct 2017

cheokeh3 wrote:
08 Jun 2017
Screenshot of Soundscaper running through VST
Interesting...any audio samples to hear from Studiomux + Reason 9?

kuhliloach

31 Mar 2018

I'm excited that you've had success getting Studiomux to work well to get
your iPhone and/or iPad apps to act as a source of MIDI data to drive
Windows-based Reason rack instruments. I would be very grateful if you
could offer a step-by-step explanation on how to get this to work...I've
been fiddling with it for 4+ hours now and can't get it to work. I really
want to use things like ThumbJam and iOS on my iPad to act as MIDI-out to
connect to Reason's MIDI-in to perform Europa and Grain, etc. to record
into the sequencer. I'd appreciate any detailed assistance. I'm clearly
missing some very basic steps.

Sincerely,

David
Thanks for the message. I never did what you are trying so can't say much. I use it to get audio out of iPad apps digitally into Reason. Good luck!

Crafty757

01 Apr 2018

Studiomux + Reason 9.5 is a dream come true! Don't forget to click the little REC SOURCE button on your instance of Studiomux (on it's mixer channel). Then if you create a new audio track Studiomux will be available as an input source. I had 4 iOS synths running in a single project yesterday, all triggered via MIDI from Reason. I chose 4 that happen to also support IAA MIDI (iMini, Sunrizer, iProphet, and FM4). I recorded all 4 simultaneously into the 4 Reason tracks, then ran some effects.

This is what I needed! Thank you so much for this! Now I can record the audio of my Moog Model 15 App in sync with the rest of my reason rack instruments.

teleworm

25 Sep 2018

Hey, I have faced the same situation whereas already I'm trying to install the latest Eclipse Oxygen release, but I was not able to install this because I haven't get the latest update of IOS version then I decide to visit the apple support site and contact also trough iPhone Support Number but expert team don't provide me any solution their executive told me that they don't have any idea about Studiomux. :puf_wink: :lol: :oops: :cry: :P :?: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :!: :idea: :arrow:

• Information