Synth1 UI problems

Discuss VST stuff here!
synaptyx

06 Jun 2017

After all this time I really wanted to try out the venerable Synth1 and unfortunately I can't use it with the problems I'm having. I'm on Mac OS X Sierra and when I use Synth 1 in Reason changing any parameter causes the mouse pointer to shoot off to the top right of the screen, making using it almost impossible. Anyone else, or just me?

Cheers!

[emoji4][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since Reason 1

madmacman

06 Jun 2017

Cannot confirm - sorry. Running on a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro with Sierra 10.12.5. Tried it with NVidia Geforce 650 as well as Intel 4000 Gfx. No problems as you described.

The only (minor) issue I encountered are the popup windows (e.g.: assignment of wheel to destination): You must keep the mousebutton pressed in order to select from the popup. If you click on the element and release the button, then the popup appears, but you are unable to select a new item. The mouseover has no effect.

EDIT: Are you using the latest version? V1.13beta8 from May 2015.

fieldframe
RE Developer

06 Jun 2017

That is a *very* strange behavior. Pointing drivers on MacOS run in protected memory (most things on MacOS are protected that way) and it should be completely impossible for an application to interfere with them like that.

The only exception would be the assistive device framework - do you have "Enable support for assistive devices" enabled?

• Information