Problems using sidechaining with Izotope Neutron

Discuss VST stuff here!
Godin1605

04 Jun 2017

Hi all,

I noticed recently that when I go to sidechain an eq band in dynamic mode, that the external input simply doesn't work. The internal input is always used. I tried this in Ableton Live just to see if it was a problem with the plugin, but it seems to work there. Is anyone else having this issue? If so I'd love to hear about it. Perhaps it's worth contacting Propellerhead?

- Godin1605

michal22

06 Jun 2017

Yes, I have the same problem. I'm not sure I'm doing everything right because I just bought Neutron. I suspect, however, that there is something wrong. I connect another channel to the Neutron and when I turn on the sidechain I can not find it on the list. When I select each option from the list, nothing works properly. Only dynamic internal equalization works.
I now use RE 60 Real Time Spectrum Analyzer and RE 180 Dynamic Driver from Red Rock Sound. I connect the selected frequency from RE60 to RE180 and then to CV input. In the programmer set parameters for Neutron. In this way I am currently struggling with troublesome frequencies, but the neutron alone does not work for me. It is a pity that I have to use so many devices, not one. Can anyone still confirm the problem to report this to Propellerhead?
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

EnochLight

06 Jun 2017

I've got Neutron Advanced but haven't tried sidechaining yet. Will see if I can get it going tonight, but it sounds like you guys are doing what you're supposed to do.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Godin1605

09 Jun 2017

So I sent an email to Propellerheads about this, and their response was "we can't offer support on third party VST plugins". It's odd because iZotope is one of their flagship partners in this VST thing. Anyway, I'm going to send an email to iZotope to see if I can get any help from them.

tobypearce

30 Jun 2017

I can't make this work either.

I'm basically trying to recreate the setup from this isotope video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzDGFV8xhrM

I think I've set the routing up ok. I have two neutrons and renamed them N Kick and N Bass. I've routed so that N Kick goes into N Bass. They are definitely communicating because when I look at the masking section of N Bass EQ, I can see "N Kick" in there, and directly change the EQ of the kick from within N Bass.

Just like the op said though, I'm struggling to get dynamic EQ working, so that the Kick side chains the bass.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Galaxy

30 Jun 2017

You guys using the other inputs on the back of the VST rack device?

tobypearce

30 Jun 2017

Yes, from other output on one vst device to other input on the other.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

plasticfractal

09 Sep 2017

Has anyone figured this out yet? It doesn't seem to work for me either. Also, if I insert audio into the back of the VST, Neutron shows all the signals merged together in the graph. It looks like Reason's VST audio input functionality has a bug. It seems like all input signals appear to Neutron as if they are just the one main input signal. So the aux inputs on the back of the VST device just act like a mixer and the signals all just go to the VST's main input.

ProfessaKaos

10 Sep 2017

Maybe sidechaining with Neutron has the same issue as Waves plugins? That it only works for the VST 3 version.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2017

I just got Neutron so I don't know it very well however I would say the audio in's are for surround sound, Note the LFE button is lite.

From the Manual

LFE BYPASS
This button only appears when Neutron is loaded in either a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound
configuration. When in surround sound configurations, Neutron processes all channels equally.
When enabled, the LFE Bypass will ensure that any audio information in the LFE channel is
passed through unprocessed, but with the correct latency compensation.

I wonder if the External is just referencing the internal as it's not available in Reason...

Reasonable man

10 Sep 2017

Hope there is a solution .
I dont have R9 yet but i have Fabfilter C2 . Wondering if there may be similar problems using C2 as a main sidechaining source instead of the m-class. Since i cant try it yet , just wondering if anyone is sucessfully doing this? It would be a shame if it cant be done in the same way with loads of Spider audio spliter/mergers as it is a better compressor!

EnochLight

10 Sep 2017

Reasonable man wrote:
10 Sep 2017
Hope there is a solution .
I dont have R9 yet but i have Fabfilter C2 .
Side-chaining works fine with Fabfilter C2 in Reason.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information