Computer locking up CAUSE NOT KNOWN yet.

Discuss VST stuff here!
AttenuationHz

03 Jun 2017

Just on the off chance is anyone else experiencing lock ups?

Started a project last night it has a few VST's in it I don't know if they are the problem or if its my pc or something else. The plug-ins are not causing any problems in other projects.

I built the pc last year and have experienced no issues what so ever until now. Reason completely freezes and the audio that has been playing just starts repeating like the cue pause on CD decks. I have no control on the system but the mouse still moves around keyboard does not seem to have any input (no caps light). The only thing I could do is hit the reset button.

The project last night was fine just today this is occurring the only thing I changed since last night was installing ReaPlugs. Just uninstalled them and it has not happened. It happened 3 times today in the past hour at random times there was no one event that triggers it. There is no ReaPlug-ins in the project they are in the menu alright but not being used in the project. The only thing that might not be compatible that I can think of is the Java script plug-in what ever that is it lets make your own fx or something I think!
Last edited by AttenuationHz on 03 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

SA Studio

03 Jun 2017

Those "make your own effects" SDK's or kits were the reason the VST format got a bad rap years ago.

You're using one in that project? Yes, my friend, I can almost guarantee that's your issue. :puf_smile: Is that Synthmaker, or SynthEdit? Those are notoriously bug-tastic. One's better than the other, I forget which anymore, but yes - take that bugger out of there and I'm betting you'll be ok. Those are random, super buggy glitches you're getting that's not at all common in using VST, or issues with them, with the music freeze/still moving mouse/no keyboard issue - something else is causing such a ugly problem. Take it out :thumbs_up: :reason:

AttenuationHz

03 Jun 2017

SA Studio wrote:Those "make your own effects" SDK's or kits were the reason the VST format got a bad rap years ago.

You're using one in that project? Yes, my friend, I can almost guarantee that's your issue. :puf_smile: Is that Synthmaker, or SynthEdit? Those are notoriously bug-tastic. One's better than the other, I forget which anymore, but yes - take that bugger out of there and I'm betting you'll be ok. Those are random, super buggy glitches you're getting that's not at all common in using VST, or issues with them, with the music freeze/still moving mouse/no keyboard issue - something else is causing such a ugly problem. Take it out :thumbs_up: :reason:
Just as I was replying the system froze again. I opened the project to tell you the exact plug-ins I'm using. I think it might be a bigger issue than ReaPlugs as I have uninstalled them and still getting the freeze.

There is no synth VST's being used in the project all plug-ins being used are stable builds of paid and free software. The only other one being used that I haven't used before is Tritik Krush. As I said I thought it was ReaPlugs causing the issue but obviously it's not. The ReaPlugs installer asked me to install the Java plug-in for creating your own effects I noticed that there was a Java process running so I just thought that must be what is causing the freeze. I have my pc optimised to run on the least amount of processes possible without compromising security that's how I noticed the java process. I don't have java running in the background and very few background processes baring Dropbox that keeps activating itself when it updates, have to keep turning it off. Have very little start up programs bar Logitech software for the keyboard and everything else is set to manual except stuff windows needs.

I will have to see if it happens again I will update if it does just going to run a virus scan see in you in about 6 hrs. Just did a system restore I did test out an overclock the other day but didn't apply it. Will update!

I'll post a list of plug-ins when that's done. if it happens after that's negative it was either the OC that was not applied or Tritik I can reinstall that after and see if it was that.

Just to note reason was open in the background when the freeze happened last. Had Netflix open in another tab (I was trying to workout the ending to bloodline! Fucking joke of a show!)

Scan negative have reason opened again in the background with no Krush installed.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

phaza

04 Jun 2017

Reaplugins doesn't offer you to install or have anything do to with Java, so who knows what you really installed :D

AttenuationHz

04 Jun 2017

phaza wrote:Reaplugins doesn't offer you to install or have anything do to with Java, so who knows what you really installed :D
First off why does that make you very happy?
Rea-LLY.gif
Rea-LLY.gif (401.09 KiB) Viewed 915 times

phaza

04 Jun 2017

What are you trying to show? That's not Java lul

AttenuationHz

04 Jun 2017

phaza wrote:What are you trying to show? That's not Java lul
:thumbs_down: what does JS stand for?

• Information