Reason + Reaktor + Blocks = mindblower

Discuss VST stuff here!
Oquasec

18 Jun 2017

Reaktor was too much for me so I gave that away and stuck to Rack extensions & Vsts. :lol:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

kinkujin

23 Jan 2019

So ... pardon the revival of this old thread but still is relevant, at least to me.

How are you all feeling re: Reaktor in Reason now that we've added Complex-1 to the mix? I'm considering a crossgrade price from NI for Reaktor but am curious as to the current usage in Reason now that time has marched on a bit. Thanks for any comments.

kungubu

23 Jan 2019

kinkujin wrote:
23 Jan 2019
So ... pardon the revival of this old thread but still is relevant, at least to me.

How are you all feeling re: Reaktor in Reason now that we've added Complex-1 to the mix? I'm considering a crossgrade price from NI for Reaktor but am curious as to the current usage in Reason now that time has marched on a bit. Thanks for any comments.
I don't think Complex-1 has changed anything. Sure, it's a fun synth, and it's modular, but you can't compare it to Reaktor. Reaktor is more a modular environment in which you can create your own modular set-up. I mostly use Blocks (which is just a part of Reaktor) that lets you build modular patches in a way that you could compare with putting together a hardware modular case for a specific purpose. The number of available modules to try out is just amazing, and if you miss something and don't mind going deeper, you can build your own modules, from existing ones or from scratch. If you're interested in modular synths Reaktor is just a great tool for learning, experimenting, sound design, or for finding out which hardware to invest in. Though I must say that I don't really use it inside Reason as much as I thought I would – I think it works much better on its own.

kinkujin

23 Jan 2019

Hiya Kungubu,
Thanks for the response!
I did not realize that Reaktor could be standalone! That's good info.

So, can you edit/design synths and/or effects and send them to the player in Reason? I would assume (maybe wrongly) that the Reaktor player has a smaller footprint resource-wise??

BRIGGS

23 Jan 2019

r11s

• Information