[FREE VST] Airwindows Combinators

Discuss VST stuff here!
Catblack

03 Jun 2017

I was thinking yesterday about the dilemma of VSTs that work, but have no GUIs. There's already a bug report in with the Propellerheads about the no GUI thing, but I wanted to test out the Airwindows VSTs for myself.

Chris at Airwindows.com over was doing pretty good selling Audio Unit plugins for Protools, but now has a patreon. He is blogging and doing a video cast for each VST effect. A download package is available from the sidebar of his site, and it currently contains 55 VSTs.

So using good ol' Reason ingenuity, I dropped them all into combinators. A couple of them had more than 4 controls, so I've labeled those [open] and used the free RE from Aftermath Audio, CV8x4 to access them. Note that most all of the Airwindows VSTs have controls that start in the middle of the dial and go positive or negative from there.

Feel free to fix anything you find that I've done wrong. (I'm pretty new to VST CV routing!) I may update these in a month or two as new plugins come out, and also add in a crossfader to the ones that don't have a built in dry/wet control.

You'll need to install the VST plugins for these to work! They are pretty subtle so it's worth going over to his site and watching his explanation of each as you test them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gf6aes1lihe8m ... 7.zip?dl=0
Last edited by Catblack on 03 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Creativemind

03 Jun 2017

Nice one. Just installed.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

03 Jun 2017

Nice one. Just installed.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Zac

03 Jun 2017

Thanks, I'll be trying these later.

MDTerps2015

03 Jun 2017

Windows only?????? I tried and got nothing. On iMac.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Noise
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2017

First of all, thank you CatBlack, great work on the combinators. Also, you made me find a real gem: IronOxide5. :o
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Catblack

03 Jun 2017

MDTerps2015 wrote:Windows only?????? I tried and got nothing. On iMac.
Perhaps the VST wrapper only saves one format? Try installing the plugins and seeing if you can remake the combis. Most only have one or two controls...

Honestly I have no Mac and I'm not tremendously invested in this project. I wanted to try them, to see if it was possible to use them. I did, it is. Take it from there and run with it!

Damn.

MDTerps2015

04 Jun 2017

Catblack wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:Windows only?????? I tried and got nothing. On iMac.
Perhaps the VST wrapper only saves one format? Try installing the plugins and seeing if you can remake the combis. Most only have one or two controls...

Honestly I have no Mac and I'm not tremendously invested in this project. I wanted to try them, to see if it was possible to use them. I did, it is. Take it from there and run with it!
No i gave up and not looking back. I thank you for responding but Im only selectively working with vsts. Too much work for something I probably don't need although I would love to have them as they sound good. Thanx though.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

slightlyprog

04 Aug 2017

This may be a daft question: How does one use these combinators? When I go in to add an effect to a track I don't see any choice allowing me to navigate to a folder with a combinator.

I have IronOxide 5 installed. Is there some place I could put the combinator that would cause it to come up as a preset or something?

Catblack

05 Aug 2017

slightlyprog wrote:
04 Aug 2017
This may be a daft question: How does one use these combinators? When I go in to add an effect to a track I don't see any choice allowing me to navigate to a folder with a combinator.

I have IronOxide 5 installed. Is there some place I could put the combinator that would cause it to come up as a preset or something?
You should drop these in as effects inserts. I made these using the windows versions of the plugins, so you'll have trouble (I suspect) if you are using a mac. My current thinking is that the vst container inside a combinator is not going to be cross platform, but I have no way to test.

To use just drop the combinator in as an insert. They are not going to be available from the effects browser menu.

Also I did these to test a concept -- putting GUI-less plugins into a combinator, and will not be updating them with the latest Airwindows plugins. If anyone else wants to, please do!

Damn.

• Information