Control CC based parameters Kontakt

Discuss VST stuff here!
marcosmatm

01 Jun 2017

Hi, i was wondering if there is a way to control parameters on some libraries without gui knob. The problem is that some libraries like "the Sax" uses cc messages to control parameters, but the gui don't have a physical knob, so the host control doesn't work. Maybe I'm missing something or it's not contemplated on this early vst implementation?
Attachments
Group 1.png
host control problem
Group 1.png (156.79 KiB) Viewed 1020 times

QVprod

01 Jun 2017

You have to assign the CCs manually. That's how Kontakt works. Some libraries have them pre-assigned

marcosmatm

01 Jun 2017

Hi, sorry if i wasn't clear, what i mean is how to control or automate these parameters within reason. usually, i assing a host controller (ej #001) and then i can control it with reason. but with this guiless library, i can't assign a host parameter to them. if i use the standalone kontakt Player i can simply send a cc message from my controller. but within reason that approach doesn't work, Thanks.

ljekio

02 Jun 2017

Find to controls like knob for growl.
In the Trumpets on controller's panel is it.
Maybe on next page?

QVprod

02 Jun 2017

Ah I misunderstood. I see what you mean. Best I can recommend is to see if remote works for those parameters if you haven't already. If you can't assign host automation then you're right you won't be able to automate the normal way. It could also be that it's not possible. Aside from the EMI I'm not sure ifReason has ever sent CC data outside of remote and automation.

ljekio

02 Jun 2017

You can't choose and receive any midi ports at vsti, only host midi in.

marcosmatm

02 Jun 2017

Seems like it isn't possible, if the parameter isn't controllable by the host, remote won't work either or so it seems. I tried to hack it by internal routing Emi but it doesn't receive cc data. I still can use the old trick with EMI and the standalone version of Kontakt, but it would be nice if it worked inside reason :D Hope it gets implemented in future versions.

Also, only the sax of this library lacks a controller tab. the horns and trumpet have a controller tab. i think could edit the instrument script to add that functionality in this case. but still :P

ljekio

02 Jun 2017

In any case, SWAM saxes are much more interesting as a instrument.

• Information