Synthmaster 2 and Synthmaster One, How are they

Discuss VST stuff here!
fotizimo

01 Jun 2017

Hey there,

Just wondering if the group has anything good or bad to review about the Synthmaster synths? I am demo'ing Synthmaster 2.8 and it has some great sounds from the patches, but so far, not really intuitive. The plus side is that I am seeing some pretty complicated sounds without any real DSP drain, which for me is a major plus.

Anyone used these instruments?
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

scratchnsnifff

01 Jun 2017

I do not own any synthmaster products, I saw a review by that Justin Timberlake sounding dude on ADSR sounds (YouTube) and it seems that the synthmaster that is in the prop shop is essentially a wavetable like version of sylenth, or in Reason terms. Synthmaster one is a more wavetable based version of synapse audios antidote (antidote has a few wavetables also) but it seems like a cool and user friendly synth for the price, I like to look at it like a sketch synth, a synth that you use when you are out of ideas and want to start a song. But that's just my 2 cents, I say if you like it, watch some videos, and then get it or trial it if that's an option:)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Heater

01 Jun 2017

I own Synthmaster 2.

Pros.

It sounds great. No really. It sounds really really good.
It does not use a lot of CPU.
It's got shedload of presets and there are loads more available online.

Negs.
The interface has a lot of tabs so it's no as easy to use as something like Antidote.

• Information