Saturn or trash 2

Discuss VST stuff here!
scratchnsnifff

01 Jun 2017

So today I'm getting serum, and I want a multiband distortion unit with it as well, I am a student so il apply for the 50% student discount with either decision was wondering what people think of them Saturn looks kind of cool and can create 6 bands but trash has a ton of distortion types

Both seem very usable for my needs, would love some user feedback :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

cryonicPAX

01 Jun 2017

If u are going to be very technical and got your hands to any detail of the distortion, saturation or anything else, you should pick Trash2. Saturn is great to get the job done alot faster.

Both plug-ins are sounding great, got them both in my libary.
Drum & Bass-Producer, Mixing-Engineer from Germany. :reason:

scratchnsnifff

01 Jun 2017

cryonicPAX wrote:If u are going to be very technical and got your hands to any detail of the distortion, saturation or anything else, you should pick Trash2. Saturn is great to get the job done alot faster.

Both plug-ins are sounding great, got them both in my libary.

I mainly create dubstep, and from videos iv seen Feed me uses trash, virtual riot uses Saturn (that's where I heard of both pluggins)

But I think il go with trash first, I'm all about having a variety I have various rack extensions for multiband distortion, but programming them always seems to result in un usable content, more than likely Ita a user error, but I guess another question would be which has some good starting presets?

cryonicPAX

01 Jun 2017

U should go for Trash2, it got more useful presets. But give it a try to create ur own.
Drum & Bass-Producer, Mixing-Engineer from Germany. :reason:

scratchnsnifff

01 Jun 2017

cryonicPAX wrote:U should go for Trash2, it got more useful presets. But give it a try to create ur own.

Most definitely! When it comes to those kinds of effects I try to look at presets at first, to gain some understanding (even though the way distortion work is a kind of different on every sound) but after I get a grip on what to mess around with then I make my own stuff :) haha that's how iv been learning to use some of the modular REs

aeox
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2017

Trash2 is like an all-in-one type distortion with delay, compression, filters, etc. this thing just mangles sounds to oblivion if you skim over the presets, but if you know what you want to do then it's really useful and quite powerful.

a simple saturation plugin like Decapitator is what i would use almost 100% of the time. i try to achieve distortion through actual bass design via harmonics and unison and stuff like that, then sweeten it up with some nice "tube" distortion.

if you are adamant on buying one or the other, i suppose i'd get Trash2, but try not to get too focused on the presets. i personally, would get Decapitator :D

pjeudy

01 Jun 2017

well let me add more to your decision.....iZotope teased an image of an office with 3 Trash bins inside of it close to one another...then they asked...

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

aeox
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2017

pjeudy wrote:well let me add more to your decision.....iZotope teased an image of an office with 3 Trash bins inside of it close to one another...then they asked...

ah.. so wait for trash3 :P

pjeudy

01 Jun 2017

aeox wrote:
pjeudy wrote:well let me add more to your decision.....iZotope teased an image of an office with 3 Trash bins inside of it close to one another...then they asked...

ah.. so wait for trash3 :P
Like they said "you decide" :-)
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

scratchnsnifff

02 Jun 2017

Grrr lol I'm bad at being patient. :p
A part of me wonders if 3 will be way cooler than 2 and say trash 3 is way better any ETA?

A dubstep wonker has needs you know :lol:

I applied for the student discount of 50% but now I guess il ask them if the waiting period is in the ballpark of a few weeks or months

Thanks for all the awesome replies!
Did some more looking into trash, and it will suit my needs more so than Saturn, Saturn looks awesome though! Maybe if Saturn goes on sale, but the draw-able filters is what hit it home and that's why I'm now leaning on trash :D

scratchnsnifff

02 Jun 2017

I suppose a fair question at this point is, does izotope have a habit of making product series like trash 1 2 3, like will trash 3 be a whole different unit sold at full price? Was 2 a separate unit from one in that aspect? Or will 3 just be a paid update from 2, il ask them when they email me :p don't mind my n00b questions here

dhruan

02 Jun 2017

Any thoughts on Ohmicide and how it compares to those two? Tried the demo and loved the sounds I achieved with it pretty much from the get go.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

scratchnsnifff

02 Jun 2017

So iv seen ohmicide in action and it seems like a very nice vst I'd say go for it, I saw it in a few different productions one was by Tristram I believe. I just got a 50% off discount (EDU discount) so I think il be getting trash(ed) tonight, well at least my bass sounds will xD

• Information