IMPACT on the industry, thanks to PH

Discuss VST stuff here!
ddstuart

01 Jun 2017

Ok - so, I just got a great note from PH about the issues with the Waves L3-16 plugin. They worked with Waves, and Waves is going to issue an update (if they haven't already). Now, unless you're on the Waves update plan, it won't matter unless you're willing to spend $$$. But that's not PH's problem - that's Waves' problem.

REGARDLESS

I LOVE the fact that PH and Waves got together and sorted this out. PH has a huge market share, and that market opens up to VST OEMs. By working together, this decision by PH has the potential to bring a lot of additional stability to the VST product universe. The result not only benefits PH and their product line, but it benefits every product that interacts with VSTs, such as Sibelius, Adobe Premium Pro, other DAWs, etc.

The ball is in the court of the VST OEMs to either get their act together, fully implement the VST 2.4 spec, or lose an opportunity to those that do.

I can't overstate how important, and grateful I am that PH has done this. It not only significantly increases the power and value of Reason, but it has the potential of bringing much greater discipline within the entire industry.

Thank you once again, PH!

• Information