Komplete update/upgrades 50% off

Discuss VST stuff here!
stratatonic

08 Jun 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
Where do you see the crossgrade prices? as I only see things like Full, Update, Upgrade and (Upgrade Komplete for Ultimate) on the website

At the moment UK prices I can get it Ultimate for £514
Select £159,
Komplete Upgrade £159.50
-£22 evoucher (£137.50)
Upgrade Komplete £239.50
-£22 evoucher (£217.50)
Total £514
Actually, the only crossgrade price is the one from the free Drumic'a (or any other third party products recognized by Native Instruments). My mistake on the other times I wrote it - should have written upgrade - had crossgrade on my brain. :D The math still is the same. I'll edit my previous post to avoid further confusion.

You should see the crossgrade here - I'm guessing for you in the UK, it should be around £99 (it's better than starting at £159.50)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... 5/pricing/

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2017

stratatonic wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
Where do you see the crossgrade prices? as I only see things like Full, Update, Upgrade and (Upgrade Komplete for Ultimate) on the website

Select £159,
Komplete Upgrade £159.50
-£22 evoucher (£137.50)
Upgrade Komplete £239.50
-£22 evoucher (£217.50)
Total £514
Actually, the only crossgrade price is the one from the free Drumic'a (or any other third party products recognized by Native Instruments). My mistake on the other times I wrote it - should have written upgrade - had crossgrade on my brain. :D The math still is the same. I'll edit my previous post to avoid further confusion.

You should see the crossgrade here - I'm guessing for you in the UK, it should be around £99 (it's better than starting at £159.50)

Arh, I see, thanks for that, the funny thing is the starting point is £104.50 (which is £55 cheaper) however the end price of £504 (which is only £10 cheaper, DOH!!! a tenner is a tenner though) :)

stratatonic

08 Jun 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
stratatonic wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

Select £159,
Komplete Upgrade £159.50
-£22 evoucher (£137.50)
Upgrade Komplete £239.50
-£22 evoucher (£217.50)
Total £514

Arh, I see, thanks for that, the funny thing is the starting point is £104.50 (which is £55 cheaper) however the end price of £504 (which is only £10 cheaper, DOH!!! a tenner is a tenner though) :)
Well, poking about the NI site, I just found out that you can't actually use the e-vouchers on upgrades in 2017... :(
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ions-2017/
The kontakt crossgrade is definitely the best deal now.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2017

stratatonic wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
stratatonic wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

Select £159,
Komplete Upgrade £159.50
-£22 evoucher (£137.50)
Upgrade Komplete £239.50
-£22 evoucher (£217.50)
Total £514

Well, poking about the NI site, I just found out that you can't actually use the e-vouchers on upgrades in 2017... :(
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ions-2017/
The kontakt crossgrade is definitely the best deal now.

They are so cheeky, well spotted.. "1. This e-voucher is valid on all Native Instruments software downloads available at the NI Online Shop. It is NOT valid on updates, upgrades, crossgrades, edu licenses, hardware, or products that are part of a special offer."

Right lets start looking at that crossgrade offer as it's now £53 cheaper :)

stratatonic

21 Jun 2017

selig wrote:
01 Jun 2017
I had to go for the big enchilada
GregHPSon wrote:
02 Jun 2017
... purchased the upgrade to Komplete 11 Ultimate from the Select
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Jun 2017
I ordered it from Amazon in the end as it was £10 cheaper (also with the HDD installer) plus I get double points from Amazon :)

So. Any Reasontalkers who have Komplete 11 or Ultimate 11 want to post a mini review?

Selig? Carly? Greg? Any one?

Are you blown away by it? Any disappointments?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2017

stratatonic wrote:
21 Jun 2017
selig wrote:
01 Jun 2017
GregHPSon wrote:
02 Jun 2017
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Jun 2017
I ordered it from Amazon in the end as it was £10 cheaper (also with the HDD installer) plus I get double points from Amazon :)

So. Any Reasontalkers who have Komplete 11 or Ultimate 11 want to post a mini review?

When I first loaded it up I was quite disappointed, actually thought it all sounded quite shit, give me that Reason sound ;) :lol: any day.
I was only loading bits at a time as I did not want to blow my mind away, brought it for the synths really, I'm not really a sample person but I was interested in the drumming side (as that is a real weak spot for me) and orchestral side.
Note I had just got Explorer 4 from RP for £134 and that just blow me away, but I brought Komplete U11 due to the offer..

I have since loaded a lot more stuff, still way too much to learn but after loading Komplete Kontrol (which I ignored at first as I thought that was more to do with the hardware) I found it a lot more intuitive as in getting around and exploring what it has to offer..
Still very early days.

I did have issues with Komplete Kontrol, I had caused it by moving something around and hence I had to hack the registry to get it to work, should have done a write up about that as it was not documented anywhere on the web... and I also had a funny with Komplete Kontrol as the shortcut on the desktop was 64 bit :thumbs_up: but the shortcut in the start menu (same name, same icon) was 32 bit :thumbs_down: so it would not load my RP VST's when I used the start menu one !!!!!

The "Native Access" works really well for installing stuff and I was glad as to get to this point I had to use their old way of installing things and it was quite a few hoops and head banging to get things to work (it was this old way of installing what caused me to move something, think it was the kontakt 5 exe prog, can't quite remember now )

If someone said to me I like synths and I'm thinking about getting Komplete U11 I would point them towards Explorer 4 (I'll hold my hands up, I'm in love with that bundle )...

I have not had much time to really play about, real early days however I am starting to like it more.... (like everyone else I need a lot more hours in a day)

Oh yeah, I have a play with a few of the effects (Replika XT, Solid stuff, Supercharger GT) and that looks quite solid (excuse the pun) to me..

selig
RE Developer

21 Jun 2017

stratatonic wrote:
21 Jun 2017
selig wrote:
01 Jun 2017
GregHPSon wrote:
02 Jun 2017
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Jun 2017

Many of the 60+ instruments failed to load initially, and this caused problems because I didn't understand the process of how to re-start (deleting all the temp files first). I actually did the entire instillation twice to get it right, which caused me to go over the monthly bandwidth for the first time ever! One reason I had to start over was I didn't have enough room on the drive I wanted to install on, so I tried another partition (which didn't work well in my case, organizationally speaking) before deciding to order a new drive and start over. Success came much quicker the second time around!

The instruments:
Still going through them all! Some of the Kontakt Orchestral instruments are designed to play "riffs", which can be helpful but I don't often use these features. Found you can still "play" them manually, thankfully, so they are going to be useful after all.
But getting that many new instruments at once means a lot of time is require to get to know them, which I like to do so I can quickly go to my favorites when actually making music. So taking a page from my own concept "when fishermen can't go to sea, they mend their nets", I've spent much of the past few weeks getting to know the library better. I've yet to actually start a new song from scratch when these instruments, but that will come eventually!

New Favorites so far:
Kontakt-
Abby Road Drums (all)
Modern Drums
Gamelan
Action Strikes
Kinetic Metal (fun!)

Looks promising, but have not dived deep yet:
Evolve Mutations
Retro Machines
Damage
Evolve
Una Corda

Still favorites from past versions:
Reaktor (of course)
Absynth
Massive
Kontakt

Still haven't gone through all the FX yet - will update later if I can remember to do so!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

The Real Deanc2000

21 Jun 2017

I currently have Komplete 10 standard. I have not used it much to be honest. So I have the option to go with 11 ultimate, and I'm considering Omnisphere 2 upgrade from Omnisphere 1.

11 Ultimate would cost $200, and Omni 2 upgrade $229.

What would you guys recommend?

Goriila Texas

21 Jun 2017

Got Komplete ultimate 10 and just bought Reaktor 6 $49 I'm good. Won't upgrade till Kontakt gets an update.

geronimo

22 Jun 2017

:crazy: What makes me hesitate is the bad experiences with Native Access _

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2017

geronimo wrote:
22 Jun 2017
For me Native Access has worked well, I am a new user to NI stuff, I did have a headache with service center... :?

Note: I did get the HDD version, so most of the data is pulled off that, however Native Access did have to pull stuff down from the net, no issues..

Have a look Explorer 4 :) https://www.robpapen.com/eXplorer4.html
I did have 3 or more RE's so I got it at the crossgrade price...

teddymcw

22 Jun 2017

geronimo wrote:
22 Jun 2017
I'm on Mac OS 10.9.5 and Native Access has been a dream, giving me choice to install each instrument and library separately. So glad I didn't need to upgrade my OS, which it claimed I had to due to only working with 10.10 and higher.

selig
RE Developer

22 Jun 2017

geronimo wrote:
22 Jun 2017
Reason's RE instillation/authorization process has had plenty of similar problems like downloads not finishing. IMO Native Access is the next best thing to the RE system. Could be all the problems I had were related to poor internet service where I was at. And I WAS trying to download over 60 products in one fell swoop.

My problems were super easy to solve, and I would not hesitate to do it all over again if need be. In the end, one installed you never see.use Native Access, so I would make any decisions based on the products and not the process!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

teddymcw

22 Jun 2017

Also, I've barely begun scratching the surface but I have def been having fun with interesting results with Form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geronimo

26 Jun 2017

teddymcw wrote:
22 Jun 2017
geronimo wrote:
22 Jun 2017
I'm on Mac OS 10.9.5 and Native Access has been a dream, giving me choice to install each instrument and library separately. So glad I didn't need to upgrade my OS, which it claimed I had to due to only working with 10.10 and higher.
After hesitation, I adopted Native Access and do not regret it . :P

stfual

28 Jun 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
22 Jun 2017
I'm sulking with NI because they dont offer any crossgrades or consideration for GuitarRig so considering eXplorer4 crossgrade as i own quite a lot of Papen Res..
Have you tried the Papen effects package ? Does the Papen Vocoder work inside Reason and if so how ? Reading the description it seems to need two audio tracks and im not aware of how audio inputs would be mapped to VSTs..

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2017

stfual wrote:
28 Jun 2017
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
22 Jun 2017
I'm sulking with NI because they dont offer any crossgrades or consideration for GuitarRig so considering eXplorer4 crossgrade as i own quite a lot of Papen Res..
Have you tried the Papen effects package ? Does the Papen Vocoder work inside Reason and if so how ? Reading the description it seems to need two audio tracks and im not aware of how audio inputs would be mapped to VSTs..
I just wired up the Vocoder in the VST Predator and it works OK.
Which other instruments has a vocoder in explorer 4? (I could not see it in Predator 2 !!!)

stfual

29 Jun 2017

I see this listed as part of the bundle.

"PredatorFX: Filter, modulation, vocoder and effects plug-in.

This is a seperate plug-in that is included and shows up in your host FX list.
It makes that you can use Predator its filters, vocoder and FX at an audio track.
PredatorFX has its own preset format and once you boot up you can find 128 dedicated presets."

I'm trying to imagine how you wire a second audio input to a VST device like a Vocoder or sidechain in Reason and cant.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Jun 2017

stfual wrote: ....
I see what you mean ( just tried it).
Well it does look like the Predator FX is just a Predator without midi input (at least from Reason), I really don't know the VST world, have never used a VST until Reason 9.5, but to me it looks like the VST Predator and Predator FX are trying to be what the RE Predator is, as that has Filter\FX\Vocoder Input... So to me if the Predator FX did not exist I would not miss it at all, personal I think the package is worth every penny just for the Synths alone, the FX stuff is a pure bonus..

(Side thought I wonder why the Predator FX does not make use of the other inputs as the VST interface has 8 audio's in and why does the Pred FX have the OSC's)

stfual

03 Jul 2017

Yeah i just realised the VST wrapper has all those audio inputs - not sure why i missed them so far.

tumar

05 Jul 2017

stratatonic wrote:
21 Jun 2017
Just got package today - I jumped from Komplete 9 to Komplete 11 Ultimate, so it's about new producsts only.

Disappointments:
Kinetic Metal - nothing special and very distinctive.
Action Strikes - years using Kontakt, many sales etc. so I grabbed some drum libraries (ie. Tonehammer or Nine Volt Audio). No point to use another library which sounds very close to them.
Evolve - funny, but very distinctive, I can't imagine to use it in fresh song. If you have Evolve Mutations 1&2, no point to shell out $$ for Evolve.
Molekular - maybe I need to dive into it more, but I can't find any use for that.
The Mouth - what is this??
Rise & Hit - crashes Reason instantly.

Blown aways:
Replika XT - oh my God!
Damage - very good; unfortunatelly, as I suppose, it is/will be used by everybody and his dog.
Skanner XT

Not blown away, but I like it and will use:
- Reaktor 6
-Form, Flesh, Contour
-all dynamics (including Supercharger GT) and EQ effects
-both delays (RC24 and RC48)

I didn't bothered to install all Symphony-, Scarbee- or Abbey Road- things. I'm really happy that it was purchased from surplus budget :P

Tumble

06 Jul 2017

Only really updated for Rounds and Kontour (already had R6). The sample stuff is just bloat, as far as I'm concerned. I think they should make Maschine software available to all instead of releasing clunky stuff like Drumlab or Polyplex.

Anyway, I am bit surprised by Form. A lot of potential for sound design. Already got some interesting results triggering performance slots to morph the sound.

machobeats

15 Jul 2017

lowpryo wrote:If I have this right, you can buy Komplete Select ($199) and upgrade to Komplete Ultimate for $499.50, which means you spend $698.50 total. That's a big discount from the Komplete Ultimate price of $1199. I don't know why this sale is so complicated, though.
I thought the sale is over, is it still on?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2017

machobeats wrote:
15 Jul 2017
lowpryo wrote:If I have this right, you can buy Komplete Select ($199) and upgrade to Komplete Ultimate for $499.50, which means you spend $698.50 total. That's a big discount from the Komplete Ultimate price of $1199. I don't know why this sale is so complicated, though.
I thought the sale is over, is it still on?

It's over, you are reading an old thread (dated 1st Jun).

• Information