Komplete update/upgrades 50% off

Discuss VST stuff here!

Ashpool

01 Jun 2017

Thanks for the heads up!
I was waiting for this so long now :D

lowpryo

01 Jun 2017

If I have this right, you can buy Komplete Select ($199) and upgrade to Komplete Ultimate for $499.50, which means you spend $698.50 total. That's a big discount from the Komplete Ultimate price of $1199. I don't know why this sale is so complicated, though.

CephaloPod

01 Jun 2017

I'm on Komplete 9 now. Looks like I can upgrade to 11 for $100 or go up to 11 Ultimate for $300. That's a big discount, but still not sure it's worth it to me.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

QVprod

01 Jun 2017

Own Komplete 10 standard. Neither upgrade offers anything I feel that I need. I did buy Session Horns Pro though.

selig
RE Developer

01 Jun 2017

I had to go for the big enchilada as the timing couldn't have been better - been putting this off in the past because I can only run NI stuff stand alone or in Logic (until now!). :)
Selig Audio, LLC

ezelkow1

01 Jun 2017

QVprod wrote:Own Komplete 10 standard. Neither upgrade offers anything I feel that I need. I did buy Session Horns Pro though.
I generally go for every 2 years on upgrading komplete, own 8 and 10, the only thing in 11 that entices me is reaktor6 but I can wait for 12+ to make it worth it. Great thing about komplete, the upgrades are always cheap, no reason not to wait it out until theres enough of a value

QVprod

01 Jun 2017

ezelkow1 wrote:
QVprod wrote:Own Komplete 10 standard. Neither upgrade offers anything I feel that I need. I did buy Session Horns Pro though.
I generally go for every 2 years on upgrading komplete, own 8 and 10, the only thing in 11 that entices me is reaktor6 but I can wait for 12+ to make it worth it. Great thing about komplete, the upgrades are always cheap, no reason not to wait it out until theres enough of a value
That sounds about right. There really isn't much of a big difference between 10 and 11 besides Form and Reaktor 6.

Redster

01 Jun 2017

WTF? There's me umming and ahhhing about buying a Kontakt 1 to Kontakt 5 upgrade last night for 89.99 and I have just bought Komplete 11 for 159.50 :)

*swoons*

Thanks for the heads up :D

selig
RE Developer

01 Jun 2017

QVprod wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:
That sounds about right. There really isn't much of a big difference between 10 and 11 besides Form and Reaktor 6.
But there IS a big difference if you upgrade to the "ultimate" version from the regular version (as I did), something I wouldn't have done so soon at the regular price. ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

geekles

01 Jun 2017

selig wrote:
QVprod wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:
But there IS a big difference if you upgrade to the "ultimate" version from the regular version (as I did), something I wouldn't have done so soon at the regular price. ;)
I have Komplete 11 and am wondering if it's worth upgrading to ultimate. Any opinions?

ezelkow1

01 Jun 2017

geekles wrote:
selig wrote:
QVprod wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:
I have Komplete 11 and am wondering if it's worth upgrading to ultimate. Any opinions?
Its mostly kontakt sounds. Just look at the comparison and see if they would be useful or not. For me I couldnt see using many of them so that made the decision easy to stick with non-ult, plus the upgrades continue to be cheaper. However if you could use em, then sure

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... 1/compare/

With ult you get razer, skanner xt, and flesh as synths. The kontakt stuff is alicia's keys, the full abbey roads set instead of 1, machine drum collection, cuba/gamelan, duke, etc etc etc (there's a ton). Couple studio effects, and the mouth and molekular. So it really comes down to if you could use the huge amount of kontakt libraries. I already owned razer and the mouth from kvr resales, and the scarbee bass'/funk from some insane deals they had a long time ago where they were super cheap. So that helped make the decision very easy, only one I do miss out on is molekular

QVprod

01 Jun 2017

selig wrote:
QVprod wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:
True, the new orchestral stuff looks pretty good. Probably wouldn't get much use from me though. None of the other Kontakt stuff really appeals to me.

selig
RE Developer

01 Jun 2017

geekles wrote:
selig wrote:
QVprod wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:
For me there was Razor, Alicia's Keys, all the Abbey Road Drums, all the Symphony Essentials and strings/brass, Damage, Evolve Mutations, the VC (comps) and RC (reverbs), and the Discovery Cuba and Gamelan. There are plenty more I'm curious about such as Flesh, Skanner XT, and Action Strikes to name a few!

At half off, you'll have to decide if the price tips the scale or not. For me, it was the timing of VSTs in Reason and the sale price that tipped the scale since I had already been eyeing the upgrade for a while now. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

CephaloPod

01 Jun 2017

selig wrote:
QVprod wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:
In terms of sheer volume of stuff, yeah you get a lot more with Ultimate. But a lot of that is Orchestral stuff, so if you aren't into that...

Instead of going Ultimate, I purchased Razor and Skanner XT separately when they went on sale. I think I'll stick with Standard 9+ Razor + Skanner XT for now. Talk me out of it...
Reason/Logic

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2017

lowpryo wrote:If I have this right, you can buy Komplete Select ($199) and upgrade to Komplete Ultimate for $499.50, which means you spend $698.50 total. That's a big discount from the Komplete Ultimate price of $1199. I don't know why this sale is so complicated, though.
I was looking at that to,
Full = £959
Select £159 + Upgrade £399.50 = £558.50
S61 + Upgrade = £958.50

Anyone,

Do they ever put the hardware on sale?

Also what authentication does this s/w require?

tumar

02 Jun 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote: Anyone,

Yes, quite often. Anything from NI needs to be registered via their Service Center (older) or Native Access (newer):

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... re-Product

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2017

tumar wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote: Anyone,

Yes, quite often. Anything from NI needs to be registered via their Service Center (older) or Native Access (newer):

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... re-Product
Does it need authenticating every time you use their stuff? (I get fed up with the authoriser running everyday with Reason,OK I understand why it does that due to all the beta's I'm on, but it's a pain especially with a slow link)

GregHPSon

02 Jun 2017

I had purchased the upgrade to Komplete 11 Ultimate from the Select version on 5/15/2017 from Musicians Friend & when I heard about the sale my stomach turned over. I called Musicians Friend yesterday & they refunded me $500! Now that's what I call Customer Service! :thumbs_up:
Follow me on Instagram/Facebook: Vic20

CephaloPod

02 Jun 2017

GregHPSon wrote:I had purchased the upgrade to Komplete 11 Ultimate from the Select version on 5/15/2017 from Musicians Friend & when I heard about the sale my stomach turned over. I called Musicians Friend yesterday & they refunded me $500! Now that's what I call Customer Service! :thumbs_up:
That's awesome.
Reason/Logic

spikey

02 Jun 2017

Yep I also have 10 ultimate and not going to update till 12. Not enough changes or addons for me on this one.

Heater

03 Jun 2017

EDIT.

I've finally upgraded to Reaktor 6. Awesome. :D

stratatonic

07 Jun 2017

lowpryo wrote:If I have this right, you can buy Komplete Select ($199) and upgrade to Komplete Ultimate for $499.50,
which means you spend $698.50 total.
That's a big discount from the Komplete Ultimate price of $1199.
You could also use a third party Kontakt library** to crossgrade to Kontakt for half price $124.50. And then upgrade to Ultimate for 499.50

= $624.00

OR you could crossgrade the 3rd party library** to Kontakt for 124.50. Then upgrade to Komplete 11 for 199.50. And then upgrade to Komplete 11 Ultimate for 299.50 and also use the $25 e-voucher from the previous upgrade.

= $598.50

---

**If you don't own a third party Kontakt library, you can download a free sampled drum kit by Sennheiser called Drumic'a.
After registering Drumic'a through Native Instruments, you can then crossgrade to Kontakt for 124.50.

Last edited by stratatonic on 08 Jun 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2017

stratatonic wrote:
lowpryo wrote:If I have this right, you can buy Komplete Select ($199) and upgrade to Komplete Ultimate for $499.50,
which means you spend $698.50 total.
That's a big discount from the Komplete Ultimate price of $1199.
You could also use a third party Kontakt library** to crossgrade to Kontakt for half price $124.50. And then upgrade to Ultimate for 499.50

= $624.00

OR you could crossgrade the 3rd party library** to Kontakt for 124.50. Then crossgrade to Komplete 11 for 199.50. And then crossgrade to Komplete 11 Ultimate for 299.50 and also use the $25 e-voucher from the previous crossgrade.

= $598.50

---

**If you don't own a third party Kontakt library, you can download a free sampled drum kit by Sennheiser called Drumic'a.
After registering Drumic'a through Native Instruments, you can then crossgrade to Kontakt for 124.50.

Where do you see the crossgrade prices? as I only see things like Full, Update, Upgrade and (Upgrade Komplete for Ultimate) on the website

At the moment UK prices I can get it Ultimate for £514
Select £159,
Komplete Upgrade £159.50
-£22 evoucher (£137.50)
Upgrade Komplete £239.50
-£22 evoucher (£217.50)
Total £514

tumar

08 Jun 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
Does it need authenticating every time you use their stuff? (I get fed up with the authoriser running everyday with Reason,OK I understand why it does that due to all the beta's I'm on, but it's a pain especially with a slow link)

No, only once when activate. More: I cloned Macbook HD to SSD, switched drives and must not to activate Komplete again, just worked from new drive ;)

• Information