Rob Papen arp-sounds out of sync

Discuss VST stuff here!
wwwobbler

01 Jun 2017

Yesterday I bought the eXpand4-bundle and fired up Predator2 and then RG, but immediately noticed that all arp-sounds were playing back out of tempo when using midi data inside the Reason sequencer. When pressing a key on the keyboard, the sound(s) all play back as expected, but the sequencer seem to cause problems. Switching on the delay compensation in R9.5 does nothing.

On the info/settings-screen in RG, I can turn off the button "Syncing", and then the arp:ed guitar play back fine, but after a change in sound the problem is back again. Anyone know how to fix this?

ScavvP

01 Jun 2017

I am considering the explorer bundle, so I dowloaded demos for Predator2, Punch and Raw. They load up fine and I can play the presets but I can't change any parameters, the knobs just snap right back to the initial setting as soon as I release the mouse button.

At first I thought it was a demo limitation, but everything works fine in Reaper. I've contacted RP and PH about this (just now so no replies yet) but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem with RP products.

wwwobbler

01 Jun 2017

I actually just got a reply from Jonathan Ayres: "We are in the process of updating the Mac versions of our VST plugins so that they work better in Reason. The newest version should be out in the next couple of days"

ScavvP

01 Jun 2017

I'm on windows PC so that won't help me.. Maybe they can look at the windows versions too, I'll just have to wait for their reply.

Can you change parameters on the mac or same issue there?

wwwobbler

01 Jun 2017

Yeah, I can twist all knobs without them snapping back to it's original state. Everything seems to work just as expected, apart from the tempo-sync-issue.

ScavvP

01 Jun 2017

Ok, I,ve been testing the temposync issue as well (as far as possible without tweaking) and some presets are in sync while others seem to go their own way.

Hope they fix the issues soon cause predator2 sounds amazing.

ScavvP

01 Jun 2017

I've just received a reply:

"Thanks for your mail.
About the bug, we currently working to update all our products.
I will cc this email to Jon our programmer."

So it seems they are working on it.

ScavvP

01 Jun 2017

I just pulled the trigger on Explorer4 and in the full versions the knobs work as they should. So I guess it was just the demo versions. Anyway, very happy now! :puf_bigsmile:

• Information