No Complaints with VST

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

04 Jun 2017

BiggsLord_OnaBeat wrote:Can somebody please help me?!?! Im tryna get nexus to work in reason 9.5 and can't figure it out for the life of me
I don't have Nexus, but I can try to help.

Did you take a look at our FAQ?
viewtopic.php?p=334271#p334271

If you're still having trouble, tell us a little bit more about what problems you are having.

tobypearce

04 Jun 2017

Nexus works just fine for me here.

Have you definitely got the VST installed (not just AU, for example)?

Have you got other VSTs working?

Does Nexus work in a different DAW on your computer?
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Galaxy

04 Jun 2017

joeyluck wrote:I have however recently had Reason unexpectedly quit on me :puf_unhappy: First time ever while using Reason since version 1. And I can't exactly pinpoint why. I think I have it narrowed down to a few VSTs as the culprit(s). But currently, when I decide to load VSTs, I am still working in a beta mindset... where I am mostly only playing around with VSTs and not getting too far ahead in a project with VSTs. I always incessantly save, so I'm still doing that. But I'm just practicing extra caution. I know there are many things for them to work out and that it will get there in time. Reason is just as stable when using with Reason devices and Rack Extensions. I also saw some mention that sandboxing for VSTs is a future plan for Reason.
Sandboxing would help with stability but wouldn't it introduce performance issues? I thought sandboxing for REs is part of the reason for poor RE performances.

SA Studio

04 Jun 2017

BiggsLord_OnaBeat wrote:Can somebody please help me?!?! Im tryna get nexus to work in reason 9.5 and can't figure it out for the life of me
You may need to convert it from 32bit to 64 with Jbridge or another converter ~ They work great and it's easy to do :reason:

abeonis

06 Feb 2018

I am using Spire (love it). I try to select a Spire Program from the Plugin Rack Device but I don't even have the arrows at the top right. to do it. (VST Prog). Same arrows work correctly using Voxengo Span VST. Does it mean that Spire VST doesn't support it ? Did I miss something? Reason doc is minimalist.
Thank you.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

EnochLight

06 Feb 2018

abeonis wrote:
06 Feb 2018
I am using Spire (love it). I try to select a Spire Program from the Plugin Rack Device but I don't even have the arrows at the top right. to do it. (VST Prog). Same arrows work correctly using Voxengo Span VST. Does it mean that Spire VST doesn't support it ? Did I miss something? Reason doc is minimalist.
Thank you.
Do you mean being able to use your QWERTY keyboard arrows to navigate Spire VST's patch library? Or using the previous/next arrows on the rack device patch browser? Reason's rack device patch arrow buttons do not work with Spire VST, I'm afraid. It's Reveal Sound's proprietary patch browser and format.

That said, using your L/R QWERTY keyboard arrows to navigate Spire VST's currently selected preset bank works just fine.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

abeonis

06 Feb 2018

EnochLight wrote:
06 Feb 2018
abeonis wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Thank you.
Do you mean being able to use your QWERTY keyboard arrows to navigate Spire VST's patch library? Or using the previous/next arrows on the rack device patch browser? Reason's rack device patch arrow buttons do not work with Spire VST, I'm afraid. It's Reveal Sound's proprietary patch browser and format.

That said, using your L/R QWERTY keyboard arrows to navigate Spire VST's currently selected preset bank works just fine.
I mean the arrows in green (missing for the spire).
I have never been able to use standard reason arrows in red.

In certain occasions, when I am looking for ideas, I don't want to open the spire window (another one). Just want to scroll the patches of my favorite sound bank.
I tried your method with the keyboard arrows. It works. But I still have to open spire.

It is a shame Spire doesn't support "VST Prog" function. Reveal Sound should consider it.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

EnochLight

06 Feb 2018

abeonis wrote:
06 Feb 2018
I mean the arrows in green (missing for the spire).
I have never been able to use standard reason arrows in red.

In certain occasions, when I am looking for ideas, I don't want to open the spire window (another one). Just want to scroll the patches of my favorite sound bank.
I tried your method with the keyboard arrows. It works. But I still have to open spire.

It is a shame Spire doesn't support "VST Prog" function. Reveal Sound should consider it.
Yep. As I said:
EnochLight wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Reason's rack device patch arrow buttons do not work with Spire VST, I'm afraid. It's Reveal Sound's proprietary patch browser and format.
Some VST work (as you pictured), but some don't (Spire VST being one of them).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tobypearce

07 Feb 2018

For what it's worth, I also am loving VST integration. It brings everything together in Reason.

Highlights for me:

T-Racks effect plugins. The new versions in T-Racks 5 are simply gorgeous. They've always had a good sound but now the gui is fantastic. And being able to resize to fill a screen is wonderful.

Being able to use the bread and butter synths like Dune and Sylenth1. I still love the Reason synths, but these two in particular get you there very quickly if you have a particular sound in mind.

Fab Filter Pro Q2. Expensive but I never looked back. My go to EQ unless I want some character, and I use it all over the place. Its low on DSP too.

A couple of smaller plugins, but ones that I use all the time:
Fab Filter Simplon - great filter.
Boz T-Bone - I don't think there's a tilt EQ available as RE, and there isn't one in Reason except through designing your own via combinator. Tilt EQs are quite limited, but on the other hand they get you 80% of the way there so quickly that it makes a real difference to the overall sound of the mix. And this particular one uses staggeringly little DSP - no problem to have it on every single track.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

• Information