CCs for controlling VSTs

Discuss VST stuff here!
Guido

31 May 2017

Hello,

does anybody know, which CC will be recorded into the Sequencer when using a VST? I tried a bunch of the prominent CC numbers, but was only able to record Modwheel, Breath controller (CC2) and Expression (CC11). The other CCs are filtered out. Couldn't find anything about it in the manual and the MIDI implementation chart. I want to find some more CCs to automate Omnisphere.

Regards
Guido

QVprod

31 May 2017

You can create automation lanes as well as assign controllers to plugin parameters from the plugin window.

Oquasec

31 May 2017

That's where the emi module comes in :lol:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

ljekio

31 May 2017

Guido wrote:Hello,

does anybody know, which CC will be recorded into the Sequencer when using a VST? I tried a bunch of the prominent CC numbers, but was only able to record Modwheel, Breath controller (CC2) and Expression (CC11). The other CCs are filtered out. Couldn't find anything about it in the manual and the MIDI implementation chart. I want to find some more CCs to automate Omnisphere.

Regards
Guido
Yes, direct midi cc isnt work yet (exclude "performance controls" like 01, 02, 11, etc), hope for next update.
But host-controlled parameters is works perfectly. Have Omnisphere host-controlled parameters there?

Guido

31 May 2017

Thank you for your replies!

- Omnisphere has no Host parameter
- Combinator show 500 plugin params, named 001-500
- I want performance controllers, because I want to integrate them into the Omnisphere ModMatrix. That's because creating automation lanes is no real alternative.

ljekio

31 May 2017

Guido wrote:Thank you for your replies!

- I want performance controllers, because I want to integrate them into the Omnisphere ModMatrix. That's because creating automation lanes is no real alternative.
001-500 is host controlled parameters, you need to know way as that parameters assign to Omnisphere's controls.
I can made it at Kontakt but unfamiliar with Omnisphere.

QVprod

31 May 2017

Guido wrote:Thank you for your replies!

Because you said "automate", we replied about automation. Seems there was a misunderstanding.

If the combinator is giving you those numbered parameters then it could be that Omnispehre functions like Kontakt where CCs are assignable by preset.

Found this https://support.spectrasonics.net/manua ... age07.html. Might be worth another look in the manual about the mod matrix.

Guido

31 May 2017

Thank you very much, ljekio

So I was quite wrong, Omnisphere has host automation. You can right click any control in Omnisphere and choose "Enable Host Automation". Right clicking again then tells you, which ID was assigned. Omnisphere manual says, there are 256 slots. But in the Combinator there are 512. Nevertheless, choosing the one with the formerly assigned ID will move the control with a Combinator button.

Combinator programmer windows also shows all possible performance controllers: Modwheel, Aftertouch, Breath, Expression and Sustain Pedal as a switch. This controllers can be used in Omnisphere's ModMatrix. I have assigned some sliders on my master keyboard to this performance controllers for easy recording. So this possibilities together are more then be enough for my needs.

Thank you for clarifying this.

Regards,
Guido

• Information