Load previously saved .fxp files.

Discuss VST stuff here!
gejone

30 May 2017

Hi
Before Reason 9.5 I had spent hours making sounds in the Korg M1 in another program that could handle VSTi's and saved them in a separate M1 Patch folder on my hard drive.
I recently tried Loading my saved .fxp files from the Korg M1 >File>Load Menu while the M1 was open in Reason 9.5. No Joy. :?
After taking a break and coming back to the problem I discovered how to...

Instead of loading from the open VST.
Leave it closed. (Not popped out of the VSTi Container)
Expand the VST Instrument Container in the Reason Rack or leave it closed.(The thing the VST is in..)
On its front panel.
Click on the little BrowsePatch folder.
This is situated on the front panel in between the two up and down arrows and save patch icon. (The normal way to browse Reason Patches in the Browser)
If the VST Instrument Container has been expanded, these will be under the Name and make of your VST and to the right of the Pitch and Mod wheels.
This will open the Reason Browser.
Navigate to your Saved Patch folder. (in my case 'My M1 Patches' on my hard drive)
Either Drag and Drop your .fxp files onto the VST Container (It will create an Orange boarder around the VST Instument Channel with an Orange + as though you are adding and Instrument/Effect/Utility to the Reason Rack) or simply Double Click the .fxp file name. :geek:
It will load straight up as you had programmed it previously.
In my case I had to Select eiter COMBI, MULTI or PROG in the open VST with respect to how I had programmed and saved them previously for them to play.
Happy Days. :D
Reason 10.2.2d1 (build 9.498) :reason: :recycle: :re:, 15'' Laptop, Win10 x64-bit OS x64 Prcssr Vrsn 1083 OS Build 17134.472, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4310M CPU @2.70GHz 2.70GHz, 8GB RAM, RME BabyFacePro-Driver Version 1.1.64.0

• Information