Problems with Reaktor

Discuss VST stuff here!
Re8et
Competition Winner

30 May 2017

The single core Reaktor architecture makes it almost impossible to use it inside Reason.
Simple ensembles are ok.
Advanced new Reaktor 6 blocks (and that includes Monark) no way.

Is there a solution to that?

Anyway seems some of the Reaktor community has gotten some curiosity for Reason 9.5
Last edited by Re8et on 30 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Re8et
Competition Winner

30 May 2017

I've asked the Reaktor community if they can notice a different behaviour, or I could have an odd (Xeon) cpu
in the first place.

In case some would want to have a look at the NI Reaktor thread:
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... es.316745/

davidvilla

31 May 2017

I'm on an ancient 2012 mac mini. Monark works just fine, barely getting past one bar of cpu. When I switch its internal resolution to 44k, it uses up zero bars. Blocks works the same. I'm having the most fun with Reaktor ensembles inside Reason. Dream matchup.

dpcoffin

31 May 2017

Re8et wrote:
Anyway seems some of the Reaktor community has gotten some curiosity for Reason 9.5
Definitely some of us! Unfortunately I'm too swamped to test anything right now—haven't even updated yet!—but ASAP, and will certainly report.

QVprod

31 May 2017

Re8et wrote:The single core Reaktor architecture makes it almost impossible to use it inside Reason.
Simple ensembles are ok.
Advanced new Reaktor 6 blocks (and that includes Monark) no way.

Is there a solution to that?

Re8et wrote:I've asked the Reaktor community if they can notice a different behaviour, or I could have an odd (Xeon) cpu
in the first place.

In case some would want to have a look at the NI Reaktor thread:
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... es.316745/
Odd. As a test I just ran 4 instances of Reaktor at a 256 buffer and DSP bar was only at 2 bars. I'm using an old 2006 Mac Pro with 2 dual core 2.66gHz Xeon processors (so quad core). Your 12 core should be working better than mine. I'm running Reaktor 5 though so no Blocks for me.

Re8et
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2017

Today Reaktor seems to play better, I was thinking part of the problem was I was running the Player iteration and not yet the full upgrade...
Infact today I could run Monark of Canada ensemble without problems.

and I got my first step to route Audio rate cv to Reason using separate backpanel output.... yup... just before the demo ended...
reakt audio rate cv.JPG
reakt audio rate cv.JPG (352.77 KiB) Viewed 1893 times

Re8et
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2017

QVprod wrote:
Odd. As a test I just ran 4 instances of Reaktor at a 256 buffer and DSP bar was only at 2 bars. I'm using an old 2006 Mac Pro with 2 dual core 2.66gHz Xeon processors (so quad core). Your 12 core should be working better than mine. I'm running Reaktor 5 though so no Blocks for me.

You can download player for free and load some blocks ensembles in demo mode, then you'll want to upgrade... :cry:

QVprod

01 Jun 2017

Re8et wrote:
QVprod wrote:

You can download player for free and load some blocks ensembles in demo mode, then you'll want to upgrade... :cry:
Nah not really. I've played with it. It's cool and all but I'm not really into modular synthesis. Thought about it as the upgrade is $50 right now, but I have enough synths between the Komplete 10 stuff, Free Reaktor synths that work with Reaktor 5, Reason stock stuff, and all of the Rob Papen stuff.

satyr32

01 Jun 2017

i am still on Reaktor 5 and thinking about upgrading since it is now 50 dollars. assuming i do not and creating combinators with Reaktor 5 stuff inside and then uprading to 6 one year later, can i sill load the combinator patches?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

am0eba

02 Jun 2017

@satyr32: $50 is a no-brainer for me! I've had Reaktor 5 for a while and have held off upgrading to 6 mainly because of price, and the fact that I couldn't run it inside Reason... Now at 50 bucks with Reason handling VSTs I had to do it. Haven't dug deep yet, but as was posted previously, simple ensembles work fine. I had problem where the blocks stuff got installed in a folder where neither Reason nor Reaktor (!) knew where they were... Still working that out... But figured reading some manuals first might help...

_Dave_
:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

Oquasec

02 Jun 2017

Just bought some sennheiser 598's over an m50. Opinions on this decision?
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information