Thinking of getting Serum

Discuss VST stuff here!
aeox
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
12 Jul 2017
Serum's oscillators are always compared to Massive's oscillators.
What about Zebra? Did anyone a comparsion?

24 bit/96kHz Sawtooth Wave Analysis: Keep note of the movement for the bottom part of the analyzers where the unwanted digital artifacts occur.

(Hover over to play GIF)

Edit: Updated with higher frequency note.

Diva

Expanse

Malström

Massive

Serum

SubTractor

Thor

Zebra
Last edited by aeox on 13 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.

scratchnsnifff

13 Jul 2017

I'm actually surprised that expanse appears to look almost as clean as the other big synths! That's cool
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

demt

13 Jul 2017

got it and am well pleased ,ifeel ahead of the game
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Ahornberg

13 Jul 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
13 Jul 2017
I'm actually surprised that expanse appears to look almost as clean as the other big synths! That's cool
... and it has a lot of CV inputs ...

aeox
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
13 Jul 2017
Check again! I had to update Diva and eXpanse because I forgot to put those on max quality :P

EnochLight

13 Jul 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
13 Jul 2017
I'm not surprised. Blamsoft and Exode are a match made in Reason-heaven, IMHO! It unseated Antidote as one of the best synths available as an RE exclusive.
Ahornberg wrote:
13 Jul 2017
Yes - yes it does! :)

@OP: I've got Serum. Another thing that it has that Expanse does not is the expansive 3rd party libraries that are available. In fact, neither Expanse nor Table OSC can't hold a candle, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

scratchnsnifff

14 Jul 2017

EnochLight wrote:
13 Jul 2017
scratchnsnifff wrote:
13 Jul 2017
I'm not surprised. Blamsoft and Exode are a match made in Reason-heaven, IMHO! It unseated Antidote as one of the best synths available as an RE exclusive.
Ahornberg wrote:
13 Jul 2017
Yes - yes it does! :)

@OP: I've got Serum. Another thing that it has that Expanse does not is the expansive 3rd party libraries that are available. In fact, neither Expanse nor Table OSC can't hold a candle, IMHO.
Haha that's awesome, and I agree as far as the RE platform blamsoft has some amazing products, I'm eagerly waiting to hear about a new RE, I assume they have some crazy project in the pipelines

And yeah I'm also surprised at how few refills there are for expanse lol maybe it'll pick up
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information