A list of broken VSTs (Vst2.4 and/or aax)

Discuss VST stuff here!
anthropomorphous

16 Jul 2017

Not sure if this is where to post bug reports. I'm sure I saw that feature somewhere here in the past but can't find it now. Anyhow I finally used Supercharger GT from Native Instruments and was blown away by it but found a bug. When saving a patch name, the focus applies to Reason rather than the VST so keyboard input to enter a patch name doesn't work. Can someone else verify?

AttenuationHz

16 Jul 2017

anthropomorphous wrote:
16 Jul 2017
Not sure if this is where to post bug reports. I'm sure I saw that feature somewhere here in the past but can't find it now. Anyhow I finally used Supercharger GT from Native Instruments and was blown away by it but found a bug. When saving a patch name, the focus applies to Reason rather than the VST so keyboard input to enter a patch name doesn't work. Can someone else verify?
Bug reports forum is here but it may or may not be viewed by somebody from Propellerhead.

But I'm going to take a wild guess that your on windows and that VST windows get keyboard focus is disabled in the options menu.

If not then I would suggest you email Propellerhead directly to report a bug and post in the forum about the bug if you wish for others to be aware: bugs@propellerheads.se
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

anthropomorphous

16 Jul 2017

I see an option for 'New devices get browse focus' which is checked but nothing specifically about VST's. I am indeed on Windows 10. Thanks for your link and reply. I will report to Props website directly.
Scrub all that.... I actually read your reply slowly this time and went to the options menu. It worked thanks. Props should really put all these options in one place (I'm sure they will over time) rather than having some embedded in a dialogue box tabs and others checked in a drop-down menu. It's total anarchy right now :) A strikethrough option on text formatting would also be nice for this site if doable.

skie

16 Jul 2017

Neo Soul Keys says "Failed to open" but shows up on Instruments list. Works fine standalone.

Loque

17 Jul 2017

FB-3100 sounds quite nice, but switching a preset or turning a knob or button results in awful crackles and volume pops. Automating the parameters via lane or CV doesnt produce those crackles. This might be a Reason problem, but with this problem its impossible to design a patch.
Reason12, Win10

AttenuationHz

17 Jul 2017

anthropomorphous wrote:
16 Jul 2017
I see an option for 'New devices get browse focus' which is checked but nothing specifically about VST's. I am indeed on Windows 10. Thanks for your link and reply. I will report to Props website directly.
Scrub all that.... I actually read your reply slowly this time and went to the options menu. It worked thanks. Props should really put all these options in one place (I'm sure they will over time) rather than having some embedded in a dialogue box tabs and others checked in a drop-down menu. It's total anarchy right now :) A strikethrough option on text formatting would also be nice for this site if doable.
:thumbs_up:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

AttenuationHz

17 Jul 2017

I emailed Accusonus and in the reply they said they are currently working with props to fix. Why it would work for 1 day though is very strange!

ivar

17 Jul 2017

hi
for all the owners of non working vst inside reason here is my solution as a workaround: image lines free Minihost Modular
can be used inside reason as an vst programm with no problems. Minihost Modular can load any of my non working vst
as an vst host inside reason. they same goses with fl studio. this DAW works as an plug in inside reason. all the image line synths that does not work inside reason
will work inside fl studio.

https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... odular.htm

regards
ivar

skie

17 Jul 2017

ivar wrote:
17 Jul 2017
hi
for all the owners of non working vst inside reason here is my solution as a workaround: image lines free Minihost Modular
can be used inside reason as an vst programm with no problems. Minihost Modular can load any of my non working vst
as an vst host inside reason. they same goses with fl studio. this DAW works as an plug in inside reason. all the image line synths that does not work inside reason
will work inside fl studio.

https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... odular.htm

regards
ivar
can't wait to try this, thank you!

Catblack

20 Jul 2017

http://www.modernmetalproduction.com/do ... -free-vst/

This free overdrive VST crashes Reason.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

enricomonti

19 Feb 2018

MB Audio Brass Pop won't load on Reason (Mac), but will load without problems in Win...really can't figure out why.

Harmen

19 Feb 2018

Klanghelm MJUC , it does load. But if you try to open the plug it crashes Reason. I must say it was under heavy load on MACos.

terra32h

20 Feb 2018

AIR Music Technology Hybrid 3 freezes my Reason on Windows 7.

JdA57

20 Feb 2018

Loque wrote:
17 Jul 2017
FB-3100 sounds quite nice, but switching a preset or turning a knob or button results in awful crackles and volume pops. Automating the parameters via lane or CV doesnt produce those crackles. This might be a Reason problem, but with this problem its impossible to design a patch.
This happens with all FullBucket Plugs. The Dev knows about the problem (I contacted him before some weeks) and is locking for maybe to get a reason-copy to fix this.

Workaround: Automation edit sound via external controller or combinator or draw the automation-line manually
Last edited by JdA57 on 20 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.

JdA57

20 Feb 2018

MuTools "MUX" :( (Same bug like before Arturia AnalogLab, Tracktion Collective - both fixed since some weeks)

If you install "MUX" first time on your computer (not activated) and Reason is scanning your VST-Folder, Reason will crash all the time (not start). First you've to activate MUX withing another DAW (example Ableton Live), then Reason (and ReNoise, Tracktion) will find this VST.

But then MuTools "MUX" is crashing Reason allways if:

you delete or change the plug withing a project,
if you close a song with "MUX" inside.

The dev is knowing about the problem (contacted him before some weeks), he answered but seems actually he'll will not fix :(

paulred67

22 Feb 2018

spikey wrote:
30 May 2017
dtaki wrote:BFD3 and Studio Drummer don't allow for proper drag-and-drop of MIDI files from the plugin into the sequencer; Reason created an ID8 track and changes the project's tempo to whatever tempo is embedded in the MIDI clip. BFD3's internal sequencer does not follow Reason's, and does not even respond to Reason's transport controls.

I've already sent a bug report in to Propellerhead but might as well show it here in case people are curious.
I had that happen to me as well. Workaround now is to delete the ID-8 track and then move the midi into the BFD track (mine was an EZ Drummer Track).
I reported it to FXpansion last summer and this is their reply:

"-----Original Message-----
Sent: 24/07/2017
Subject: Difficulty Syncing BFD3 with Reason 9.5

Hi Pavol,

Thank you for getting in touch with the Support team.

Reason 9.5 is still very new and as of yet not fully tested with all of our software. We have team members actively working on testing, but cannot say when we'll be fully assured of full compatibility between Reason 9.5 with our products.

Thank you for sharing this information with us, though. We'll be working hard to ensure compatibility in the future, but if you have any other questions until then please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindly,
Jared"

Nothing has been fixed since then. Meanwhile I've bought EZdrummer and it works perfectly in Reason 10.
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

manisnotabird

22 Feb 2018

I've had trouble with Soundtoys PanMan and Tremolo in Reason 10 on my iMac running High Sierra. They both produce extremely distorted sounds (or sometimes silence, but the meters are pegged (maybe subsonic?) and often only out of one channel (although sometimes they've worked as expected... not sure what the variable is). The other Soundtoys plug-in's seem to work fine mostly, although dragging them into the rack while playing has sometimes crashed Reason for me. :(.

sawri

03 Sep 2018

terra32h wrote:
20 Feb 2018
AIR Music Technology Hybrid 3 freezes my Reason on Windows 7.
Yep. Im on Windows 10 and all Air Technology VSTs crash Reason constantly. Its infuriating. Basically making them not usable.

groggy1

21 Oct 2018

I'll add Softube Modular to the list.

I've had no problems with lots of VSTs so-far. But last night, I had Reason hang 3 times in a row when trying to do very basic stuff in Modular. E.g. when I tried to select a patch in their patch browser, Reason just HUNG. I waited over 5 minutes on each hang to make sure it wasn't just being slow... But nope, it was a hang.

I gave up on the patch browser (which is a beast), and just tried to make my own modular synth. This worked a bit better, but still it would hang for about 15 seconds each time I'd load a new module. And when I tried to play a note, it would just have pops and cracks in the audio.

I thought Diva was CPU heavy, but whoa - Modular is even more problematic in Reason.

tobypearce

23 Oct 2018

cableguys shaper box takes nearly a minute to instantiate.
Have emailed both ph and cableguys
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Popey
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2018

I am currently having issues with animate by mastering the mix. Tried the trial and was fine so bought vst and it worked fine, sadly now i get a plugin error and when look at plugin manager its crashed. Cant understand why unless its a windows 10 issue as that's the only thing i have updated.

• Information