A list of broken VSTs (Vst2.4 and/or aax)

Discuss VST stuff here!
Re8et
Competition Winner

30 May 2017

I think it would be useful to merge bad plugs info onto one page.

Bluecat free effects plugins all have the GUI broken, it will freeze. download source: official through KVR

spikey

30 May 2017

Ok this might not be exactly what you wanted here on this one.

1. Using JBridge for the Mac, when it converts a 32 bit plugin to a 64 bit plugin, making the screen shot is messed up on my end and all I get is a white page. Could be Im just not linking the 64 bit VST folder?

2. All my UAD plugins make Reason grind to a halt (described on my other thread).

manisnotabird

30 May 2017

Aalto (Computer Music Special Edition) for Mac just completely froze Reason up for me. AmpliTube 4 Custom Shop (free) crashes once in awhile too. :(.

dtaki

30 May 2017

BFD3 and Studio Drummer don't allow for proper drag-and-drop of MIDI files from the plugin into the sequencer; Reason created an ID8 track and changes the project's tempo to whatever tempo is embedded in the MIDI clip. BFD3's internal sequencer does not follow Reason's, and does not even respond to Reason's transport controls.

I've already sent a bug report in to Propellerhead but might as well show it here in case people are curious.

spikey

30 May 2017

dtaki wrote:BFD3 and Studio Drummer don't allow for proper drag-and-drop of MIDI files from the plugin into the sequencer; Reason created an ID8 track and changes the project's tempo to whatever tempo is embedded in the MIDI clip. BFD3's internal sequencer does not follow Reason's, and does not even respond to Reason's transport controls.

I've already sent a bug report in to Propellerhead but might as well show it here in case people are curious.
I had that happen to me as well. Workaround now is to delete the ID-8 track and then move the midi into the BFD track (mine was an EZ Drummer Track).

ShawnG

30 May 2017

that's not a bug, that's a feature.

been how Reason imports any MIDI for a long time. I'm not sure of anyone other than whoever programmed it wants it to act that way, but that's how it works. they have mentioned changing this behavior since a couple of versions ago, but they haven't done it yet.

But, by all means let them know how much you think it sucks. maybe they will fix it then

Lizard

30 May 2017

Re8et wrote:I think it would be useful to merge bad plugs info onto one page.

Bluecat free effects plugins all have the GUI broken, it will freeze. download source: official through KVR
Yep. Funny though. If you map to a controller using remote they work fine. Go figure.

ShawnG

30 May 2017

right now my issues are:

any cakewalk plugin (only really need z3ta+2, but it happens with all of them) will load, and make sound, but does not load the GUI, so are basically non useful

all my Arturia plugs except Spark will not load, I am trying to see if this is just due to them being VST3 (installer doesn't specify)

Camel Audio Alchemy loads, but only loads part of the GUI. I can select a preset, but that's about it

Lizard

30 May 2017

ShawnG wrote:right now my issues are:

all my Arturia plugs except Spark will not load, I am trying to see if this is just due to them being VST3 (installer doesn't specify)
I can confirm these work. At least the ones from, the V_Collection 5 which does not include Spark. That was V-Collection 4. I removed all the V2 versions from my computer. Maybe that is the issue? But I do have Spark installed and it works fine.

ThisIsNotTheMusic

30 May 2017

The Ample Guitar free versions can cause issues which stop sound coming from your AI requiring save, close, reopen which is annoying. I will be deleting them.
https://soundcloud.com/hissotheusic

In space, no one can hear your song ....

robthompson

31 May 2017

any cakewalk plugin (only really need z3ta+2, but it happens with all of them) will load, and make sound, but does not load the GUI, so are basically non useful
Hi Shawn. In the Beta Test Forum you'll see some references to this.

z3ta_2_64 works absolutely fine for me in Reason, GUI and all. So does Rapture Session (but not 'Rapture').

Rather than me going on about it, here's a link to the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7501094

Rob

QVprod

31 May 2017

May I ask why aax is included in the thread title? Reason isn't compatible with aax. That's a Pro Tools format.

Re8et
Competition Winner

31 May 2017

QVprod wrote:May I ask why aax is included in the thread title? Reason isn't compatible with aax. That's a Pro Tools format.
My fault, you are right. In my mind .aax were just like Vst's but in Mac's extension. I must have crisscrossed some info. Sorry for the confusion.

Re8et
Competition Winner

31 May 2017

Camel Audio Alchemy loads, but only loads part of the GUI. I can select a preset, but that's about it
Crosscheck with a host like minihost what your version of the plugins are, you should check the product version once they are opened.

QVprod

31 May 2017

Re8et wrote:
QVprod wrote:May I ask why aax is included in the thread title? Reason isn't compatible with aax. That's a Pro Tools format.
My fault, you are right. In my mind .aax were just like Vst's but in Mac's extension. I must have crisscrossed some info. Sorry for the confusion.
As far as Reason goes, it's VST for both.

Re8et
Competition Winner

31 May 2017

Uh, Nice... :evil:
night night.JPG
night night.JPG (126.75 KiB) Viewed 5118 times

geronimo

03 Jul 2017

manisnotabird wrote:
30 May 2017
Aalto (Computer Music Special Edition) for Mac just completely froze Reason up for me. AmpliTube 4 Custom Shop (free) crashes once in awhile too. :(.
The full version work hine at home on an Apple machine .

wireless

10 Jul 2017

Two to report:-
1) MauSynth 10/11
A strange one to report. This instrument works fine on my laptop but not my desktop. Both systems use the latest version of Reason. On the desktop, a problem is reported during Reason power-up and the plug-in is disabled. I've tried the usual things like de-installing, downloading again and re-installing - consistent results.
The only key differences I can think of are:-
i) Windows version - Laptop is Win 10 Home / Desktop is Win 10 Professional. Both are post the Creator Update.
ii) Hardware - Laptop is a Intel i5 processor and conventional hard drive / Desktop is an i7660 with SSD program store and conventional hard drive as data store.

2) MAudio Effects Plug-ins (MFreeFXBundle)
There are multiple effects units in this bundle - eg Vibrato, Tremelo, Flanger etc. They all share a consistent control theme, which is typically a rotary knob next to a text window that displays the setting - e.g. 60%. None of the rotaries can be coaxed to move using mouse control. The only method that seems to work is to double click on the related text box and enter a value from the keyboard. Clearly not impacting the function of the effect, but the inability to move a rotary does slow down an otherwise reasonable workflow.
Also on these units, it can take more than one attempt to persuade the PRESET control to actually open the new window for preset selection.

Other than that, I have now tried literally dozens of plug-ins and been generally delighted with the additional functionality and musical stimulation achieved.

My big ask of Propellerheads would be to please get me an update to allow midi exchange with VSTs. I purchased MidiGuitar2 on the basis of the Reason 9.5 announcement and was disappointed that I was unable to get the benefit within Reason of playing guitar and hearing the output from my Expanse Hyperwave or Parsec! (Otherwise brilliant when using its own soundbanks / tone generators.)

Abstrax

11 Jul 2017

Has anyone tried the free Grace Sampler? https://www.onesmallclue.com/plugin/grace/

It crashes immediately upon launch, and requires a reason restart for me.

ltbrunt00

11 Jul 2017

getting consistent crashes in reason only with East/West instruments. I will add a screen shot of the error the next time I get on my computer.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

dezma

12 Jul 2017

Xfer Nerve is useles as long as sample drag n drop to VST does not work (as most drum machines I suppose)

Loque

16 Jul 2017

Man...so many amateurs out there...I just tried a few VST today and i got them all to crash. They are not bad at all, but sometimes i think, they never test their stuff.
* Argotlunar crashed on extrem panning settings while it was modulated and pending in the Correlation Matrix
* tcStretch while reducing the loop size
* Ribs suddenly stopped producing sounds (well, maybe its a bug in Reason, didnt followed the cause completely....)
Reason12, Win10

Catblack

16 Jul 2017

Loque wrote:
16 Jul 2017

* Ribs suddenly stopped producing sounds (well, maybe its a bug in Reason, didnt followed the cause completely....)
I think Ribs needs midi input to actually make sounds/fill it's buffer. Can't blame Reason for that one.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Loque

16 Jul 2017

Catblack wrote:
16 Jul 2017
Loque wrote:
16 Jul 2017

I think Ribs needs midi input to actually make sounds/fill it's buffer. Can't blame Reason for that one.
It has... Wish there was a trigger that can be used by CV and VST dont have note input - but it worked with a Combinator. But it has no play trigger by notes.
Reason12, Win10

AttenuationHz

16 Jul 2017

Downloaded the demo of Accusonas ReGrove It worked for 1 day then stopped working. When you create the device in Reason it says "failed to open file" and when you retry it crashes Reason.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information