FAQ: VST in Reason

Discuss VST stuff here!
abeonis

Post 13 Jun 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
10 Jun 2018
abeonis wrote:
10 Jun 2018

Your arguments make sense. The show must go on. My only concern is I am not able to reproduce this set up with 64 bits VST. (See the 2 Signal Analyzer small windows).

Any idea to replace these 2 windows without occupying all the screen?
In order to get an FFT and a scope with any given synth, I use the free and excellent s(m)exoscope from smart electronix, and then have Reasons own signal analyzer that’s built-in to the EQ. Use “keep open” for the VST plugin and you’ve got a similar setup to the one in the pictures. It’s what I’m using for my video series (I’ve already done one on Subtractor) and seems to work very well.
No thanks, I already have my own tools. Anyway, I use these analyzers only to hep me for sound design in my VST instruments. So I use another DAW that has these "legacy issues" and once the patch is done, I use it in Reason for music production. Solved.

jimmyklane

Post 13 Jun 2018

abeonis wrote:
13 Jun 2018
jimmyklane wrote:
10 Jun 2018

In order to get an FFT and a scope with any given synth, I use the free and excellent s(m)exoscope from smart electronix, and then have Reasons own signal analyzer that’s built-in to the EQ. Use “keep open” for the VST plugin and you’ve got a similar setup to the one in the pictures. It’s what I’m using for my video series (I’ve already done one on Subtractor) and seems to work very well.
No thanks, I already have my own tools. Anyway, I use these analyzers only to hep me for sound design in my VST instruments. So I use another DAW that has these "legacy issues" and once the patch is done, I use it in Reason for music production. Solved.
Ok buddy. Have a nice day
DAW: Reason 10,

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

Mr_Cru2

Post 13 Oct 2018

What are some dope free (not cracked) VSTs that are worth checking out?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

madmacman

Post 18 Oct 2018

Mr_Cru2 wrote:
13 Oct 2018
What are some dope free (not cracked) VSTs that are worth checking out?
You could ask 3 people and get 4 replies. Everyone has their own preferences. Her are my personal favorites (not in a specific order):

1. Synth1 ( http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/ )
Old, beta forever, sometimes a little buggy - but I still like it. Maybe because I'm grown up with it. There are tons of sounds available for free and it still is a good starting point for trancy / EDM stuff.

2. DEXED ( https://asb2m10.github.io/dexed/ )
Emulation of Yamaha DX7 hardware synthesizer. Reads original SysEx. Sounds realistic and (because of SysEx compatibility) another candidate with countless sounds available for free, If you are after E-Piano, Bass, and metallic sounds: this is your choice!

3. PG-8X ( https://sites.google.com/site/mlvst0/pg8x-2 )
Another emulation of a hardware veteran: Roland JX-8P. Also with SysEx compatibility. Not the most versatile analog poly synth. But a good contributor for that typical 80's pads and soft brass sounds.

4. Tyrell N6 ( https://www.amazona.de/freeware-synth-tyrell-n6-v3-03/ )
Analog poly synth provided by German online music magazine "Amazona" (yes, with "a" at the end ;) ) The creator of this little gem is no other than Urs Heckmann (u-he). The sound quality is great and it is very versatile.

As you can see: I prefer more "classic" sounds over experimental stuff. So YMMV.

Azoetia

Post 21 Nov 2018

Can anyone help? I have looked everywhere but can't find the answer anywhere. Does Ez mix 2 work in Reason 10?
Thanks

• Information