Can't automate anything within Kontakt

Discuss VST stuff here!
sonicbyte

29 May 2017

Hey, just in case I'm doing anything wrong...

I'm loading some 8dio sample string libraries and I want to automate some of its parameters, like vibrato, expression, etc. within Kontakt using the automate and/or remote button from Reason's VST host and it doesn't work, it just doesn't do anything (btw.. the first time I tried it hang Reason completely) . The only thing that works is the mod wheel.
Also I've tried to just automate the main volume of Kontakt (not the libraries on it) and that wont work either.

I've tested with other vst plugins like Izotope Neutrino and in that case both things works fine, so aparently the issue is with kontakt only.

Anyone can confirm this? Should I report this to PH ?

I'm on a Macbook pro with 8gbs RAM

Thanks

QVprod

29 May 2017

Automation works in Kontakt but only on parameters within a patch itself and nothing Global. A good tip is anything in Kontakt that you can right click and assign to a controller, can be automated.

sonicbyte

29 May 2017

QVprod wrote:Automation works in Kontakt but only on parameters within a patch itself and nothing Global. A good tip is anything in Kontakt that you can right click and assign to a controller, can be automated.
Ok, thats the first thing I've tried to automate something inside the libraries like vibrato, expression, etc and it doesn't work. In kontakt stand-alone mode I can automate anything on those libraries....

QVprod

29 May 2017

sonicbyte wrote:
QVprod wrote:Automation works in Kontakt but only on parameters within a patch itself and nothing Global. A good tip is anything in Kontakt that you can right click and assign to a controller, can be automated.
Ok, thats the first thing I've tried to automate something inside the libraries like vibrato, expression, etc and it doesn't work. In kontakt stand-alone mode I can automate anything on those libraries....
That's very odd then. Works perfectly fine with libraries on my system. I don't have the 8Dio libraries to try though

sonicbyte

29 May 2017

Apparently all automation values are unassigend on kontakt for those libraries, so the only workaround for me right now is to manually assign the value to a controller and create an automation lane. It doesn't work automatically for me.

QVprod

29 May 2017

Ah ok. I figured it had to be something with the library itself.

ljekio

29 May 2017

Kontakt have automation settings in own browser. With two types - midi and host-controlled.
You can open host-controlled page and manually drag'n'drop all of needed parameters.
Thus all of assigned controllers will show in the automation menus, learning possibilities and other.

sonicbyte

04 Jun 2017

BTW anyone has being able to use the remote knob on reason vst host to manipulate anything inside any kontakt library?

Enviado desde mi XT1068 mediante Tapatalk

Olivier

12 Jul 2017

sonicbyte wrote:
04 Jun 2017
BTW anyone has being able to use the remote knob on reason vst host to manipulate anything inside any kontakt library?

Enviado desde mi XT1068 mediante Tapatalk
I just found out how.

Go into Kontakt settings, go to the "engine" pane, open the dropdown on "Send MIDI to the outside world" and tick "script generated CC's"

Caveat: This relies on the dev's to have actually bound midi data to that control.. not all are scripted that way.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

AOS

25 Apr 2019

sonicbyte wrote:
29 May 2017
Im having this same issue. Works in Standalone but not as VST in Reason. Only Mod and Pitch and Wheel. Did you ever figure this out? Thanks

• Information