presets in vst ?

Discuss VST stuff here!
moneykube

29 May 2017

so far I have found two vst of many that show presets on right side of black window... yet many others do not???? what's the trick to make them show?
loving crystal in reason by the way
Last edited by moneykube on 29 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Marc64

29 May 2017

Some vst's uses some sort of preset thingie cant remeber what it was called and some you need to open the vst synth/effect and browse the preets in there...

EnochLight

29 May 2017

moneykube wrote:so far I have found two vst of many that show presets on right side of black window... yet many others do not???? what's the trick to make them show?
loving crystal in reason by the way
The right side of what black window? Screenshot would help...

Anyway, if the VST uses typical *.FXP patches (such as Dune 2 or Serum), you can point Reason's browser to the folders where they are stored and browse them like any native Reason device. If the VST uses a proprietary patch format (such as VPS Avenger), you have to use the VST's browser.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

moneykube

29 May 2017

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 8.20.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 8.20.27 AM.png (55.5 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
mannyM... no way to see presets it seems... or change anything
if I go looking for presets in other folders... reason sees nothing in the folders
so is there a waves browser somewhere?
Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 8.19.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 8.19.01 AM.png (63.05 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
camel Space... right side of black window bar vst prog you can scroll through presets

EnochLight

29 May 2017

moneykube wrote: ... no way to see presets it seems... or change anything
if I go looking for presets in other folders... reason sees nothing in the folders

so is there a waves browser somewhere?
Camel_Toe.png
Camel_Toe.png (63.05 KiB) Viewed 1644 times
camel Space... right side of black window bar vst prog you can scroll through presets
Right, so - with some VST that have proprietary browsers+patch formats, Reason is able to parse a limited selection that's loaded into RAM and allow limited access via its own patch browser display. Camel is one that I know of; all of Sonic Charge's plugins also do this. With these VST, you'll get a secondary browser that is accessible on the right of Reason's patch display. Note: this browser will only load whatever the VST loads into RAM (for Sonic Charge, it's a max of 16 patches). If you click on the actual text name, you'll be able to see those patches loaded into RAM and quick-select them, or use the arrows on the far right of the "LCD" to advance up and down.

You'll need to open the VST editor window and use the VST's browser to see the full directory of patches, though.

In this example, Sonic Charge Echobode only loads 16 patches into RAM, even though it's proprietary browser shows hundreds available.

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

moneykube

29 May 2017

ok... cool and thanxs... been slowly figuring it out... duh open the vst plugin window... liking this.... now way to many options... learning curve

• Information