Fl Studio vst.jpg2.jpg (425.88 KiB) Viewed 5137 times
You can run FL Studio vst in Reason.

mfavila

29 May 2017

Yes it's quite sweet. Now all those How to Bass videos will come in handy

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

devilfish

31 May 2017

How to get FL Studio to start playback???

Mine isn't starting if i press play in Reason. Also the BPM are not the same. Reason 120 BPM and FL Studio 140 BPM.
I can't get it .. what i'm doing wrong?????

Oquasec

31 May 2017

What made fl studio fast was the keyboard shortcuts.
(Vst version took those out)
Last edited by Oquasec on 21 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

abeonis

20 May 2018

Sorry to be late on this ...

Something that is really missing in Reason is the lack of templates, "full songs" to facilitate learning. I know some exist but are never suited to what I want to produce. This is not the case with Live and FL Studio that provide templates for a lot of different styles..

One big argument in favor of FL is that I protect my investment in controllers (Panorama P1 and Impact LX25+ works well with FL according to the web)

Let's say I go for FL

I have 2 options to run FL with Reason.
1. Rewire. FL is the master then the mix will be done in FL.
2. Use FL Studio as a VST in Reason. Reason is the master then the mix will be done in Reason (preferred due to the legacy of REs.)

Has some one some experience with the 2 options he/she would like to share? any caveats? synchro is OK? Latency compensation? CPU and memory?

Thank you.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

QVprod

20 May 2018

abeonis wrote:
20 May 2018
Something that is really missing in Reason is the lack of templates, "full songs" to facilitate learning. I know some exist but are never suited to what I want to produce.
You can create your own templates. You would probably benefit most from that anyway as it would be specifically created for your own personal workflow.

abeonis

21 May 2018

QVprod wrote:
20 May 2018
You can create your own templates. You would probably benefit most from that anyway as it would be specifically created for your own personal workflow.
Thanks for the advice. And regarding the 2 possible options to use Reason and FL?
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

QVprod

21 May 2018

abeonis wrote:
21 May 2018
QVprod wrote:
20 May 2018
Thanks for the advice. And regarding the 2 possible options to use Reason and FL?
I haven't used FL Studio in over 10 years so I'm not completely aware of it's current capabilities to give you an in depth answer. The question would be; what aspects from FL do you want to use? If you want to use FL's sequencer to control Reason devices then you would Rewire. Otherwise it would probably make more sense to use FL as a VST this way you only have one file to deal with rather than 2 separate files if you use Rewire. Best thing is to try both to see what works for you. If you don't already have a copy of FL there a beta/trial you can download here

Oquasec

21 May 2018

using fl studio inside of reason so I can mix with props and not maximus....yes
Producer/Programmer.

TheMiles

21 May 2018

Goriila Texas wrote:
29 May 2017
Fl Studio vst.jpg2.jpgYou can run FL Studio vst in Reason.
Have not figured out how :/

Help plz :)

Edit : All good i made it :P

O1B

22 May 2018

Dunno if this is OLD News, but

Here’s what’s new in FL Studio 20:

Mac support – FL Studio is now available for macOS 10.11 and higher. It’s a native 64 Bit application Including support for Mac VST and AU plugins. Projects made on Mac and Windows are interchangeable. Project interoperability extends to 3rd party plugins installed on both platforms. Existing, Lifetime Free Update, and new customers can unlock FL Studio for Mac and Windows at no extra cost.

Time Signatures – FL Studio now supports Time Signatures, including unlimited Time Signature changes, independently in both the Playlist and Patterns (Piano rolls). FL Studio’s unique pattern system enables, simultaneous and multiple Time Signatures at any point in the Playlist.

Freezing – Bounce selected Audio and Pattern Clips to audio. Options include; Consolidate Playlist Clip selections or complete tracks. Render Clips to Audio, Render Clips to audio and replace Playlist Pattern Clips. Use these features to compile audio-takes into a single Audio Clip, reduce CPU load by converting real-time synthesis and effects processing to audio or convert MIDI to audio for further processing and resynthesis.

Playlist Arrangements – The Playlist now supports multiple ‘Arrangements’ (Playlists). Each Arrangement is the complete layout of Audio, Automation and Pattern Clips. Users can now work with multiple versions of their project saving ideas, sound design and ‘arrangements’.
Plugin Delay Compensation (PDC) – PDC and Automatic PDC have been rebuilt, from the ground up, to support today’s complex workflows. Manual and Auto-PDC can now co-exist. Updates include: Mixer send compensation, Wet/Dry mixer FX compensation, Audio input compensation, Metronome compensation, Plugin Wrapper custom values remembered per-plugin and improved PDC controls in the Mixer.

abeonis

23 May 2018

@QVprod: I think you are right I should stop procrastinating.

@Oquasec: This is exactly what I want to achieve. Use FL as a VSTi in Reason among other VST and RE. My primary DAW is Reason for mixing and mastering. Thanks for confirming it works.

@TheMiles: Thanks for confirming it works. I feel now more confident to start the tests without feeling I am loosing my time.

@O1B: Thanks for the info, maybe too much marketing BS for me. I have no plans to know FL in depth, just use it as an extra synth in Reason and compare the two VST implementations.

United South

23 May 2018

abeonis wrote:
23 May 2018
@QVprod: I think you are right I should stop procrastinating.

@Oquasec: This is exactly what I want to achieve. Use FL as a VSTi in Reason among other VST and RE. My primary DAW is Reason for mixing and mastering. Thanks for confirming it works.

@TheMiles: Thanks for confirming it works. I feel now more confident to start the tests without feeling I am loosing my time.

@O1B: Thanks for the info, maybe too much marketing BS for me. I have no plans to know FL in depth, just use it as an extra synth in Reason and compare the two VST implementations.
I gave up on FL because it can’t sync with Reason at all. None of the transport buttons work in Reason as they do FL. Rewire is a pita in FL and it’s a shame because I really liked the piano roll. But manually setting loop points in both DAWs in rewire mode and having to leave Reason and go to FL just to hit play or stop was a huge workflow killer for me. If FL would sync with Reason like Studio one I wouldn’t use S1 as much. I can’t even run S1 and Reason in Rewire with a lot of plugins like I can with FL and Reason.

Oquasec

23 May 2018

I've decided That I'm keeping fl studio out of Reason as a vst and using FL Studio as the host.
The appeal of Reason has always been the same, and FL Studio fills the other niche I've had for far too long already.
Producer/Programmer.

• Information