Exclusive 20% off code for Outer Space - Tape-Echo!!

Discuss VST stuff here!
User avatar
SA Studio
Posts: 411
Joined: 19 Nov 2015

Post 29 May 2017

Here it is, everyone! VST in Reason is here!! The guys at Audio Thing are offering an exclusive 20% discount to Reason users on their awesome Vintage Tape-Echo and Reverb VST, Outer Space! Use the product code: REASON20 and get one of the best Tape-Echo devices you can get for 20% off till June 5 ~ Take a look at the website:

https://www.audiothing.net/effects/outer-space/

Check out my first video I made using it - (I cant wait to get updated and will be making a video of it in action inside Reason very soon!)
This really is a great echo/reverb plug!


User avatar
TheWeathermonger
Posts: 9
Joined: 01 Mar 2017

Post 29 May 2017

Thanks for the video and the code. Been meaning to get this for a little while now. Makes a great alternative to Props own Echo device and I can use it in Live too. :)

User avatar
Exowildebeest
Posts: 1524
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 29 May 2017

I was really looking forward to you posting this :D

Finally, a Space Echo emulation in Reason! Why hasn't a RE developer done this before :o

User avatar
SA Studio
Posts: 411
Joined: 19 Nov 2015

Post 29 May 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:I was really looking forward to you posting this :D

Finally, a Space Echo emulation in Reason! Why hasn't a RE developer done this before :o
Hey, cool!! Way glad you're happy about it too. I saw them release the plug months ago, I hit them up and said "I know how to make decent videos - I'd love to demo your product". Really nice guys and they were all about it.

3 weeks passed and I was too busy to do the video = Then VST is Reason was announced. :O

The irony, Is I was already planning on using Reason in the video, but it wouldn't be seen. Now I get to do another video here in a day or two after I get the update and really show off the plug in it's full glory.

Then I had the idea to ask them "Hey - can we do something for Reason users at the time of the update" = They came back with the idea for 20% off and I've been waiting to share the code since, haha. It's a great product with a thick sound, for certain.

Look for a new video in a few days. Thanks, Exo :puf_bigsmile:

User avatar
Libraquaricorn
Posts: 333
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 30 May 2017

SA Studio wrote:Here it is, everyone! VST in Reason is here!! The guys at Audio Thing are offering an exclusive 20% discount to Reason users on their awesome Vintage Tape-Echo and Reverb VST, Outer Space! Use the product code: REASON20 and get one of the best Tape-Echo devices you can get for 20% off till June 5 ~ Take a look at the website:

https://www.audiothing.net/effects/outer-space/

Check out my first video I made using it - (I cant wait to get updated and will be making a video of it in action inside Reason very soon!)
This really is a great echo/reverb plug!

I wasn't going to spend any money on plugins but I just had to have this one. Thanks for the heads up. I'm head over heels in love with this thing now. At first look I thought that I would not be needing it because I have Reason Echo, but BOY does this thing sound and feel better! Sits nicely now in the rack together with Waves Kramer Master Tape, that I bought on sale yesterday for 49$ over at waves.com. (used to be 249$)

Extra tip: You can change the currency by changing the country if you buy the Space Echo. The site prompted me to pay in Euros, but I changed that to USD and saved a bit more that way.

User avatar
SA Studio
Posts: 411
Joined: 19 Nov 2015

Post 30 May 2017

Libraquaricorn wrote:
SA Studio wrote:Here it is, everyone! VST in Reason is here!! The guys at Audio Thing are offering an exclusive 20% discount to Reason users on their awesome Vintage Tape-Echo and Reverb VST, Outer Space! Use the product code: REASON20 and get one of the best Tape-Echo devices you can get for 20% off till June 5 ~ Take a look at the website:

https://www.audiothing.net/effects/outer-space/

Check out my first video I made using it - (I cant wait to get updated and will be making a video of it in action inside Reason very soon!)
This really is a great echo/reverb plug!

I wasn't going to spend any money on plugins but I just had to have this one. Thanks for the heads up. I'm head over heels in love with this thing now. At first look I thought that I would not be needing it because I have Reason Echo, but BOY does this thing sound and feel better! Sits nicely now in the rack together with Waves Kramer Master Tape, that I bought on sale yesterday for 49$ over at waves.com. (used to be 249$)

Extra tip: You can change the currency by changing the country if you buy the Space Echo. The site prompted me to pay in Euros, but I changed that to USD and saved a bit more that way.
They'll be stoked to hear that! Glad it's such a good fit in the rack! Awesome :)

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1452
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 30 May 2017

Just grabbed this - excellent value. I like The Echo but have always struggled to get that King Tubby dubby sound out of it, this one seems better suited

Ostermilk
Posts: 1519
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 31 May 2017

Thanks Ras'

I'd been waiting for the coupon and nearly missed this as it was just disappearing of the bottom of the page.

I really rate this thing, more than the GSi one and the UAD one I sold along with my DSP card you can't get that one anymore anyway. I used to use an original back in the day but I never actually owned it, although I did own a Watkins Copycat for a long time which had its own charm but was never as good as the Roland unit.

I think I prefer this, as at least I'm not going to snap the tape and end up hunting spares down in various music stores or splicing my own replacements.

What can I say? It's as good as owning the original green box and as far as my memory serves me it behaves identically without chewing up tapes.

If anybody here doesn't remember what these were like you'll love it, if you do you'll probably love it even more and at that price even without the 20% sliced off it's a no-brainer.

So cheers for the heads up and negotiating the discount.

User avatar
SA Studio
Posts: 411
Joined: 19 Nov 2015

Post 01 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:Is there a huge difference between this and the onboard Reason Echo?

Is this one a more faithful rendition of the original RE-201?
It's quite a big difference between the two. This Outer Space plug definitely behaves more like an Analog echo and the onboard reverb in it is very sweet, and very much like the RE-201. Check out that video for it above if ya haven't yet. :thumbs_up:

"So cheers for the heads up and negotiating the discount."

Hey, super big thanks, Ostermilk :D :thumbs_up: :reason:
Last edited by SA Studio on 01 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Gulale
Posts: 482
Joined: 22 Feb 2015

Post 01 Jun 2017

That plugin price is cheap as it is I want one.
Gulale aka Bereket

Ostermilk
Posts: 1519
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 01 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:Is there a huge difference between this and the onboard Reason Echo?

Is this one a more faithful rendition of the original RE-201?
Reason's Echo is great, but it doesn't emulate a 3 tape head system, you could use three Echo's (or DDL-1's, or Titus's) and an RV7000 in convolution mode with a spring verb IR and a few other devices to get close to the original, unfortunately the most difficult thing, even when you've made a good sounding emulation of a couple of the original's settings, is being able to control the whole Combi so it behaves in the same way as the old box.

Control is really important here as you'll be wanting to 'jam' with it even with a studio based production to get that required vibe so for me even a close sounding Combinator just doesn't cut it, so I'm prepared to lay the required chunk of pocket-money on it. 10 semolians off certainly sweetens the deal.

Without being able to test side by side anymore as I said earlier it's a darned good emulation as far as my memory of using a real one serves me and better than any emu of the same device I've ever used.

User avatar
SA Studio
Posts: 411
Joined: 19 Nov 2015

Post 01 Jun 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
Kombucha wrote:Is there a huge difference between this and the onboard Reason Echo?

Is this one a more faithful rendition of the original RE-201?
Reason's Echo is great, but it doesn't emulate a 3 tape head system, you could use three Echo's (or DDL-1's, or Titus's) and an RV7000 in convolution mode with a spring verb IR and a few other devices to get close to the original, unfortunately the most difficult thing, even when you've made a good sounding emulation of a couple of the original's settings, is being able to control the whole Combi so it behaves in the same way as the old box.

Control is really important here as you'll be wanting to 'jam' with it even with a studio based production to get that required vibe so for me even a close sounding Combinator just doesn't cut it, so I'm prepared to lay the required chunk of pocket-money on it. 10 semolians off certainly sweetens the deal.

Without being able to test side by side anymore as I said earlier it's a darned good emulation as far as my memory of using a real one serves me and better than any emu of the same device I've ever used.
:D Lil' tidbit you might enjoy hearing, since you've used real ones: The dev told me to mention at some point that they emulated "their" RE-201. He told me they found the most perfect one they could and tried many, many units till they found the right one. Some "super fans" of the classic unit may be able to tell subtle differences, he explained with a great deal of other awesome info, but Outer Space's qualities proudly reflect how their unit behaves and sounds. Pretty cool, there. :puf_smile: :reason:

User avatar
Libraquaricorn
Posts: 333
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 01 Jun 2017

I just wanted to chime in again and say that I just bought the AudioThing Vinylstrip and that the Reason20 code applied to that as well so it seems to me that all of their plugins are on special Reason 9.5 offer at the moment.

User avatar
SA Studio
Posts: 411
Joined: 19 Nov 2015

Post 05 Jun 2017

Today, Jun 5, is the last day of the offer for 20% of Outer Space.

It's a really great plug ~ Thanks, AudioThing! :thumbs_up:

Galaxy
Posts: 282
Joined: 27 Oct 2016

Post 05 Jun 2017

Ostermilk wrote:Thanks Ras'

I'd been waiting for the coupon and nearly missed this as it was just disappearing of the bottom of the page.

I really rate this thing, more than the GSi one and the UAD one I sold along with my DSP card you can't get that one anymore anyway. I used to use an original back in the day but I never actually owned it, although I did own a Watkins Copycat for a long time which had its own charm but was never as good as the Roland unit.

I think I prefer this, as at least I'm not going to snap the tape and end up hunting spares down in various music stores or splicing my own replacements.

What can I say? It's as good as owning the original green box and as far as my memory serves me it behaves identically without chewing up tapes.

If anybody here doesn't remember what these were like you'll love it, if you do you'll probably love it even more and at that price even without the 20% sliced off it's a no-brainer.

So cheers for the heads up and negotiating the discount.
Is this GSI watkat 64bit? Can't find info on that. The installer data says 2008, so I'm unsure if it will work in Reason or not.

Galaxy
Posts: 282
Joined: 27 Oct 2016

Post 05 Jun 2017

SA Studio wrote:Today, Jun 5, is the last day of the offer for 20% of Outer Space.

It's a really great plug ~ Thanks, AudioThing! :thumbs_up:
Guess I waited too long, coupon code no longer works :cry:

User avatar
synaptyx
Posts: 76
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Location: Scotland

Post 06 Jun 2017

Galaxy wrote:
SA Studio wrote:Today, Jun 5, is the last day of the offer for 20% of Outer Space.

It's a really great plug ~ Thanks, AudioThing! :thumbs_up:
Guess I waited too long, coupon code no longer works :cry:
Same just missed it. [emoji31]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since Reason 1

User avatar
synaptyx
Posts: 76
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Location: Scotland

Post 06 Jun 2017

Guys, I emailed and asked if AT would extend the offer.

"Hi Aaron,

I've extended it for another day, same code: REASON20

Best,
Carlo"

[emoji4][emoji106][emoji122] Cheers Carlo!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since Reason 1

User avatar
Karim
Posts: 911
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Italy

Post 06 Jun 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:I was really looking forward to you posting this :D

Finally, a Space Echo emulation in Reason! Why hasn't a RE developer done this before :o
It's ironic ? isn't it? [emoji11]

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: Vers 11.3  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Galaxy
Posts: 282
Joined: 27 Oct 2016

Post 07 Jun 2017

Gotta chance to pick this up, thanks to synaptyx and SA Studio, and have to say this is the absolute best echo/delay I've ever used, and I have a lot of echo/delay effects between my REs and VSTs.

Now there are pros to using some of my other devices cause they might have features this doesn't have, but man oh man, vintage dubby echos, this is the holly grail. Plus! This has a great sounding spring reverb! How is it this VST has a better spring reverb than anything else in Reason, and there's very little control over adjusting the decay and character. For me there is rv7000 spring and softube spring. Rv7000 comes second, but a far far off second. I actually regret buying the softube spring at times, it's not that good as an all around spring verb. It's very hard to get a good usable sound out of it and often sounds way too loose and thin. It's basically only decent in guitars, and seems more like a guitar amp spring than a studio unit style.

The Echo, is probably the closest to this, but so freakin different. It's sterile compared to AT OS, saturation and distortion gets harsh sometimes, but it's still great for some tasks. Funny enough Kong has an echo fx that "looks" like it could be modeled on the Roland, but neeope! Not even close!

I'm a huge fan of RE, and hesitant with the VST thing, but I've come to terms with one very real truth. Tools are tools and you wouldn't use a sludge hammer to knock in a nail, and you wouldn't use a butter knife to carve a turkey. If an RE and a VST have similar jobs but approach the task from different angles and each have their own character, then they belong in my tool box.

User avatar
SA Studio
Posts: 411
Joined: 19 Nov 2015

Post 07 Jun 2017

Galaxy wrote:Gotta chance to pick this up, thanks to synaptyx and SA Studio, and have to say this is the absolute best echo/delay I've ever used, and I have a lot of echo/delay effects between my REs and VSTs.

Now there are pros to using some of my other devices cause they might have features this doesn't have, but man oh man, vintage dubby echos, this is the holly grail. Plus! This has a great sounding spring reverb! How is it this VST has a better spring reverb than anything else in Reason, and there's very little control over adjusting the decay and character. For me there is rv7000 spring and softube spring. Rv7000 comes second, but a far far off second. I actually regret buying the softube spring at times, it's not that good as an all around spring verb. It's very hard to get a good usable sound out of it and often sounds way too loose and thin. It's basically only decent in guitars, and seems more like a guitar amp spring than a studio unit style.

The Echo, is probably the closest to this, but so freakin different. It's sterile compared to AT OS, saturation and distortion gets harsh sometimes, but it's still great for some tasks. Funny enough Kong has an echo fx that "looks" like it could be modeled on the Roland, but neeope! Not even close!

I'm a huge fan of RE, and hesitant with the VST thing, but I've come to terms with one very real truth. Tools are tools and you wouldn't use a sludge hammer to knock in a nail, and you wouldn't use a butter knife to carve a turkey. If an RE and a VST have similar jobs but approach the task from different angles and each have their own character, then they belong in my tool box.
Truly, there's nothing in the Reason world that sounds that Analog on decay/regenerations of the echo. There is no combination of "Scream", etc that will give that result. This plug is definitely the "truth" as far as an Analog offering.

I'm really glad you and others really like it, because I certainly think it's a high-grade plug all the way to it's GUI and I'm never one to be impressed by looks, honestly, it's all about the sound. That is one AWESOME and modern GUI, that has to be said.

Gulale
Posts: 482
Joined: 22 Feb 2015

Post 07 Jun 2017

I didn't purchase it as I have intended to buy it with a full price but I managed to compare it against UAD galaxy and this sound much more bigger speaking of stereo spectrum. The UAD version is somehow smaller and FWIW you can't go wrong on both but with all honest. I much preferred the Outer Space Specially for solo FX. It is much more appealing to listen to than UAD version which is so small. In the mix I might go with UAD. But If I have to buy and chose 1 I will go with Outer Space based on the price. I really loved it. Great plugin and thanks SA Studio for sharing it is a steal even with its full price.
Gulale aka Bereket

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], dasmode and 1 guest